Rationalize filler!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:41 pm

The TV airing cut the scene of him in the Buu saga

But the Ocean dub left in the part about reviving him after Cell.

Don't know about FUNi
Where's the beef?

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:37 pm

Another wierd in my view filler moment is Krillin's death at the hands of Tambourine. In the manga it's not shown, but in the anime they show him kicking him. It might just be me, but that kick doesn't look particularly like it would result in being fatal. If his head wen back a bit, I could see, but it just doesn't look real fatal.
Last edited by Super Sonic on Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:38 pm

Dragon wrote:Really? Was that in the English dub? I did miss a few episodes of the Kid Buu Saga so that might explain it. Okay, so heheh, nevermind!
It wasn't in the dub, and I know why...
...with a shotgun!
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:56 pm

That was in the dub. True I didn't see that episode on tv, but it was in the dub.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:01 pm

Super Sonic wrote:That was in the dub. True I didn't see that episode on tv, but it was in the dub.
Of course it would be on the uncut DVD or whatever, but not on TV.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Corvus Moore

Post by Corvus Moore » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:15 pm

Actually that kick was more than enough,not only was Tambourine very strong but he also hit Kuririn in the 'kill-spot' for humans,right in the center of the temple,a hard enough impact there can kill anyone.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:45 pm

Really? I thought the killspot was right around the heart. You know, like the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique in Kill Bill.

Anyway, I think I know why Yamcha beat Olibu. It's obvious that he couldn't do it under his own power. I think that Olibu threw the match. Yes, that's right. Yamcha is weak as Hell (yet he's still in Heaven :? ). He is also the "new guy." Olibu is shown to be a kind-hearted person. I think that Olibu just lost to give Yamcha a chance to say he beat someone worthwhile. As for the other guy, well, was he at the Kai Tournament? If not, then he could actually be weaker than Yamcha. What a sad life he must lead.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:43 pm

Actually that kick was more than enough,not only was Tambourine very strong but he also hit Kuririn in the 'kill-spot' for humans,right in the center of the temple,a hard enough impact there can kill anyone.
I believe I read somewhere where that kick badly damaged Krillin's frontal lobe.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!