The Forgotten Ones (Part Two now up)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

The Forgotten Ones (Part Two now up)

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:17 am

[NOTE: this takes place outside of normal time and space in a bar, in a sort of limbo. Every videogame from Sparking Meteor/BT3 onward takes place in "the future"]

"Two more down here," King Gurumes called out. The bartender nodded, and slid the requested drinks down the bar.

"I just don't understand it," moaned Lucifer, running a hand through his hair. "We're main movie villains! Why don't they USE us?"

They stared at the drinks. They drank the drinks.

"Two more down here!"

"You're not the only ones, you know," Dr. Wheelo rumbled from his position in the corner, his large metal shell squatting on the floor. "I fought five warriors at once. And I was from the Z era! Their largest revenue producer! You'd think they would at least--"

He was interrupted by a beeping sound coming from somewhere in his infrastructure. "Hang on a moment, that's my pager. It's my agent...maybe he won me that part in the new DONOVAN'S BRAIN remake..." Gurumes and Lucifer looked at him curiously as he read the message (well, presumably; it's very hard to tell what a disembodied brain is doing, especially when it's studying a message transmitted directly to its synapses via powered armor, but it was, they felt, a fair guess).

"I don't believe it! They're making a new game, Sparking Meteor! And I'm...I'm in this one!" Dr. Wheelo rose to his feet and headed for the large door. "Drinks are on me next time!" The other two watched him go.

"Two more down here!"

"I mean, I can even do a ki attack!" Lucifer extended a hand, and a glittering red sphere formed on the end of his palm. "Do you know how RARE that is for early Dragonball? I'm pre-Red Ribbon, for Makaioshin's sake!" He sighed, and let the sphere fade away. "And you, in your final form, you're huge! We'd both make great fights and really pad out the story mode early on!"

As Gurumes finished off yet another bowl of nachos, the music that had been playing ended. Lucifer rose and put some more zeni in the jukebox, then made his selection. He returned to his seat just as "Makafushigi Adventure" began yet again.

"Two more down here!"

"Look at that Evolution game that's coming out! Bulma's going to be playable in that one! BULMA! What kind of attacks will she have, flashing her opponents? Making them have nosebleeds until they faint from desanguination?" He briefly licked his lips at the thought of all that blood, but then shook his head, and looked over at Gurumes. "I tell you, it's awful nice of you, hanging out with me like this. Guys like us, we have to stick together."

"Two more down here!"

"I tell you this much, we almost certainly won't be in that Raging Blast thing. Sounds like the roster's taking a big cut. Wonder how many of the other guys're getting the ax." Lucifer glanced wistfully over at the large table in the corner, where until Sparking Neo most of the movie villains had hung out and performed drinking songs together (13's version of "The Hedgehog Song" could always be counted on to bring down the house). "I hate to say this, but it'll be nice to have them back. We can get back to bitching about Broli and Coola always hogging the spotlight..."

"Two more down here!"

"Maybe we'll be in this new Wii thing. Revenge of King Piccolo, right? Maybe Daimao'll pull some strings and talk them into letting a couple of other demons in on it...well, demon-like, in your case. Granted, we don't QUITE fit the time period, but hell, who says these things have to be perfect? If Videl can punch out Freeza and Cell, then they can squeeze us in a little later, huh?"

"Two more down here!"

There was a squelching sound from Lucifer's right. Bio-Broli had just taken a seat.

"Sorry. Had to hit the little clone's room. What'd I miss?"

"Hope springing eternal, my friend, hope springing eternal."

The end?

[Well, I hope you liked. I dunno what inspired me to write this, but once the idea came to me, I realized I just had to write and share it with you all. Feedback, both positive and negative, appreciated!]
Last edited by Thanos6 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trunks & Goten forever

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:39 am

Well done! I want those two to be playable. I guess they're just not as important as some nameless Freeza Soldier.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:58 am

I instantly thought of this.

(from Konjiki no Gash Bell!!)

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:29 am

Hah, really? I've never even heard of that.
Trunks & Goten forever

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:31 am

So many forgotten fighters, so little time to complain about who we want.

Now I am so excited to see Lucifer! :D

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:31 am

Meanwhile... Paragas got in...

"Oh? Hey Papa!" Bio-Broli vomited on the floor "Wazzap?"

"For the last time... I am not your father, you son of a Hedora!!" Paragas took a seat with the others.

"I saw Dr. Weelo dancing the Robot outside, What happened?!"

"He got into the next Sparking METEOR game." Lucifer replied, while staring at his drink...

"Three more down here!"

"What?! That good for nothing dead brain is in?! That's absured!! They said they were saving the last place for me!! What's going on here?!!" Paragas yelled while hitting the table. "For how long my good for nothing Broli will be free to do as he please without me around?!!"

"Three more down here!"
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 am

Bussani wrote:(from Konjiki no Gash Bell!!)
Actually only the anime is called that, the manga is just "Konjiki no Gash/Golden Gash".

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:29 pm

This fanfic must go on...

Are there any more forgotten ones worthy to add?
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:49 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:This fanfic must go on...

Well, as far as villains go: Pui Pui? Yakon? Murasaki? Not sure if there's any more...
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:24 pm

Don't worry, I've got ideas. :)
Trunks & Goten forever

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Sorry for adding Paragas if you've already thought about him :oops:

Or you could add something to it. :)
My Anime List
My Manga List

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:39 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:This fanfic must go on...

Well, as far as villains go: Pui Pui? Yakon? Murasaki? Not sure if there's any more...
Pui Pui and Yakon are under Babidi's character used in his moves in Sparking Meteor
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Nearly all of the movie henchman get left out of the games. You could do a part where they all get ticked off thinking about Salza and Zangya.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 pm

[Just a minor update here, but I promise there's more to come]

Part Two

"It's always the same thing," Vegeta groused, leaning onto the bar. "They want to build the big villain up so Kakarotto can look even better, so of course it becomes time to play another round of humiliate the Saiyan prince. Freeza reveals his true form? Let him outclass Vegeta so badly he starts to CRY. Cell becomes perfect? Let's almost break Vegeta's neck." He drained his mug, and signalled to the bartender, who refilled it with more stout ale.

"And don't get me started on that whole Broli movie," he continued when his mug was full again. "I never would have been in that if I had read the script beforehand, but unfortunately I signed the contract first. There was a good reason I wasn't in the other two."

"You're not the only one," Piccolo mumbled from his side. "Who lost a limb in that fight against Raditz? It certainly wasn't Son." He sipped some water. "And ever since Butoden 1 and Gokuden 2 they seem to have a thing about not depicting the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai in story mode in those video games. My shining moment and it keeps getting axed. Thank Kaioshin for Attack of the Saiyans. That's a small miracle."

"Hey, remember me?" said the human sitting on Vegeta's other side. "Yamcha here. I haven't really won a fight since about my third or so, not counting the one where I got help from Bulma's tits. And Goku was all about twelve." He stared gloomily into his cup of sake, which Vegeta clinked his mug against companionably. "And speaking of video games, I wish they'd let me use my sword in those fighting games. Taopaipai gets his, Mirai gets his, King Cold gets the one he held for less than a minute...so why don't I get mine?"

"Hey, you don't have it all bad," Piccolo said. "Remember Budokai 2? You got to fuse with Tenshinhan. That put you in the spotlight again."

Yamcha grunted. "Yeah, true, but remember Super DBZ? My trademark move got doled out like candy to anybody who wanted it." He sighed.

"And you two got to be in that new movie," Vegeta reminded them. They both stared at him.

"You consider that a plus?" they replied simultaneously.
Trunks & Goten forever

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:24 am

This is entertaining stuff. X3

I hope you guys continue it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!