Official "I Have Budokai 3 And Love It" Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:52 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Frobman wrote:One more thing. Where was Piccolo's Destructive Wave from?
Didn't Piccolo Daimao use that?
In the Viz translation, Piccolo Daimao refers to a "Demon Ray of Obliteration," (Volume 13, Page 123) but I don't remember him ever using it / yelling the attack name if he did use it.

Dimps may have used that name for inspiration. That's the only reasoning I can come up with.
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

WhatTheDarn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhatTheDarn » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:22 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
A lack of signature moves from the series. :wink:

Hence Vegeta using the Galick Gun as frequently as Goku uses the Kamehameha.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:29 am

WhatTheDarn wrote:Hence Vegeta using the Galick Gun as frequently as Goku uses the Kamehameha.
How many times did Vegeta use the Garrick/Galick/Garlic Gun beside that once on Earth against Goku?

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:03 am

Rocketman wrote:
WhatTheDarn wrote:Hence Vegeta using the Galick Gun as frequently as Goku uses the Kamehameha.
How many times did Vegeta use the Garrick/Galick/Garlic Gun beside that once on Earth against Goku?
Only once, I guess.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:42 am

I still think that the Gallick Gun should have been an Ultimate. In B3 the counter to it could have been so cool too. (Minus Saibamen, Uub, Hecule, and Videl who'd just block) everyone could fire their Death Move. Kamehameha, Destructive Wave, whatever. And then if Defense won it'd be countered completely and he'd have to dodge out of the way. If Success then he'd slam it down into them. ^_^
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:44 am

Well, the first Piccolo in DB had an attack called Bakurikimaha, or "Explosive Powerful Demon Wave". He uses it when they're battling in the wasteland.

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:17 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Well, the first Piccolo in DB had an attack called Bakurikimaha, or "Explosive Powerful Demon Wave". He uses it when they're battling in the wasteland.
Sounds familiar. I had B1 on gamecube with Japanese VA.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:58 pm

Hey, why do both Yamcha and Oolong (Yamcha's DU) refer to Pu'r as a SHE? Didn't Toriyama-sensei say Pu'r is a male?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 am

The S wrote:Hey, why do both Yamcha and Oolong (Yamcha's DU) refer to Pu'r as a SHE? Didn't Toriyama-sensei say Pu'r is a male?
Eh, it's a quirk of the English dub. Rest assured, he's male.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Jaffar

Post by Jaffar » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 am

Well, getting back on topic, I have the game, and LOVE it! At the moment I'm attempting to master Android#17.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:19 pm

I don't know if anyone already knew this yet, but if you let the controller sit idely during a fight for 10 minutes, your character will stare at the screen. I think he's supposed to look suprised, but it looks like his pupils dissapear, freaky.

Also, I just learned now (after months of owning the game), that Cell's voice WAS fixed to go along with his english voices, with the exception of his intro (which is using his Perfect voice, even though he starts the fight in default). Atleast Dimps was listening.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:01 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I don't know if anyone already knew this yet, but if you let the controller sit idely during a fight for 10 minutes, your character will stare at the screen. I think he's supposed to look suprised, but it looks like his pupils dissapear, freaky.
Try it with SSj3 Goku, it looks like the show when it turns to look at Fat buu.

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Budokai 3 is really awesome. We only rented it out on a whim (along with the KOF '00/'01 Double pack) and played it for six hours straight.

It made me feel the same way about Dragonball I did on 2001: It is the only thing I need.
... Maybe later.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Detective X wrote:
Neon Z wrote:
Didn't Piccolo Daimao use that?
In the Viz translation, Piccolo Daimao refers to a "Demon Ray of Obliteration," (Volume 13, Page 123) but I don't remember him ever using it / yelling the attack name if he did use it.

Dimps may have used that name for inspiration. That's the only reasoning I can come up with.

I'm absolutely sure it's an Daimao attack. Just finished Advance Adventure and in the final battle againt Piccolo Daimao he has an special attack which sounds like Magenkima-ha, which is how Piccolo pronounces his Destructive Wave attack in Budokai.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:32 pm

Another thing that kind of irks me. When playing as Chibi Goku against anyone who calls him "Kakarot", he goes into the Crane Stance. Why would he do that if he's from the Turtle School, which is Crane's rival?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!