Official "I Have Budokai 3 And Love It" Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:47 am

Yeah thats supposed to happen you fight Cooler while "Freeza escapes" it works the same way as Freeza's spaceship (revives you after KO and you are back as Metal Cooler).

Vegeta91

Post by Vegeta91 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:53 am

The S wrote:
Do you mean get the "Cooler's Spaceship" capsule, or actually PLAY AS Metal Coola?

You can get the capsule either in the shop or somewhere floating around on Namek the 2nd time through as Goku. I dunno why people have problems with these types of things... I just flew around and got everything with no problem.
To acquire the capsule. I know about how to play as him, as I have Freeza's Spaceship already, and I have Budokai 1 & 2 as well.

But every strategy I read says you fight MetaCooler after fighting Cooler on Namek in Goku's DU mode second time around. And after beating MetaCooler, you get the capsule. After I beat Cooler, however, it went straight to Cell Saga.
Once you fight Cooler in his normal form, you should be back on the DU map.Than try looking either directly north or south of Cooler's spaceship. If you're in the right place, you should see '???' in the top-right corner of the screen. That's where you get the Cooler's spaceship capsule. It's not too far, just a little north or south of the spaceship.

EDIT: You have to complete both Goku and Vegeta's Dragon Universes at least once to do all this.
My heart is calm. It is quiet and pure. Make no mistake though, it's pure evil.

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragon » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:50 am

I just got the game and already have some questions. What's that red transformation thing everyone had? I know it's not Kaio-Ken, because I don't exactly think Goku would teach it to Frieza and the Buus. I've never even seen it before. Also, what is "Dragonrush" and how do I perform it? And is there a cheat to get every single capsule like there was for Budokai 2? But I'm loving it, it's just that attack the computer does where I have to guess the button to defend against it, that's more luck than skill if you ask me.
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:13 am

The red thing is "Hyper Mode." You're faster, you're strongest, and your ki drains faster.

In "Hyper Mode," you can perform a "Dragon Rush" by hitting CIRCLE after knocking back/down an opponent. It goes into a three-stage button-press guessing-game. If your opponent guesses the same button you press, they defend. If not, you attack. Up to three times.

It gets really, really, really obnoxious the billionth time you see it.

There are no capsule cheats.

I feel like I typed all this just a couple pages ago... ^_~.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:23 am

nOce you fight Cooler in his normal form, you should be back on the DU map.Than try looking either directly north or south of Cooler's spaceship. If you're in the right place, you should see '???' in the top-right corner of the screen. That's where you get the Cooler's spaceship capsule. It's not too far, just a little north or south of the spaceship.

EDIT: You have to complete both Goku and Vegeta's Dragon Universes at least once to do all this.
But the point is, I fought Cooler, and it went straight to Cell Saga. I have all DU's completed except Adult Gohan, and I know you need to clear Goku & Vegeta's DU's to fight Cooler in the first place. So I'm still quite confused!

Oh, and I just figured out where they got the idea for B2's Dragon World, and B3's still-head talk scene things; DIMPS also made the PS1 Inuyasha game!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:31 am

Don't worry, I got Metal Cooler on my 3rd try on Goku's DU.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:34 am

I know what's wrong. Do NOT fight Vegeta. Go straight to Coola. After you beat him, talk to him and he reveals his metal form. THEN fly north of him and, around his spaceship, is the capsule.

Booya.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:29 am

I know what's wrong. Do NOT fight Vegeta. Go straight to Coola. After you beat him, talk to him and he reveals his metal form. THEN fly north of him and, around his spaceship, is the capsule.
So THAT's my problem. All the FAQs say that you have to fight SS Vegeta first.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:55 am

The S wrote:
So THAT's my problem. All the FAQs say that you have to fight SS Vegeta first.
To unlock Coola, yes.
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:07 am

Could someone answer this question for me? How do you fight Vegeta in Yamcha's DU? I read somewhere it was possible, but I don't know how to get that ending.

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:50 am

Ryu wrote:Could someone answer this question for me? How do you fight Vegeta in Yamcha's DU? I read somewhere it was possible, but I don't know how to get that ending.
Talk to everybody in the Android saga, then go to Kame House. With somebody talking about fighting Goku, I'm trying to figure that out.

Futurama

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:33 am

No, you don't have to talk to everyone. Just go to Goku's place and talk to Chi-Chi then go to Kame House (during the Android Saga). Now proceed with the game as normal (i.e., fight Gero).
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dragon » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:53 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The red thing is "Hyper Mode." You're faster, you're strongest, and your ki drains faster.
Was Hyper mode in the series? I don't ever remember seeing it.
Gerry Dragan (yes, that's my real name.)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:03 pm

No, it's just something for the game.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:26 pm

Initially I thought it was just Kaioken: increased power, speed, red aura, and not very healthy for the body (Ki drainage)

Now I know every character can use hyper mode, but you have to admit; it leans towards the art of Kaio....

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:27 pm

One more thing. Where was Piccolo's Destructive Wave from?

Futurama

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Frobman wrote:One more thing. Where was Piccolo's Destructive Wave from?
A lack of signature moves from the series. :wink:

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:36 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
A lack of signature moves from the series. :wink:
Haven't played the game, but is there anything resembling:
  • "Demon Flash" (Masenkou)?
  • "Demonic Spiral Death-Ray" and/or "Special Beam Cannon" (Makankousappou)?
  • um... that's it, isn't it?
Okay, then... I guess I go with Deus.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Pilgrim Sun

Post by Pilgrim Sun » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:29 pm

Both those moves can be found in the game, the Masenko moves is a Ki move of Gohans and the special beam cannon can be used when you complete all three parts of Piccolos Dragon Rush attack.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:05 am

Didn't Piccolo Daimao use that?