Playdia Episodes Funi Dub?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Playdia Episodes Funi Dub?

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:57 pm

With the Dragon Box it is likely that there will be Playdia Episodes Funi Dub.

Will it mean the "illegal" Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (fandub) be deleted from youtube and be forced underground?

Will the fandub be completed before the Funi dub is made?
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:02 pm

I still doubt that the Playdia footage will be there. Considering it's something so elusive, Funi would include that as a selling point.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Even though it is generally known that the Playdia footage was included with the original Dragon Box, it's still a long shot that FUNi will or is even able to include it in their version.

I wouldn't count on anything yet.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

mattymoron
Beyond Newbie

Post by mattymoron » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:07 pm

If they did get the DBox footage, there would be no reason for them NOT to acquire the playdia footage. I'm betting that FUNi will release it with the movies.

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Which of the Dragon Boxes did the Playdia footage come in originally?
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Freeza Heika wrote:Which of the Dragon Boxes did the Playdia footage come in originally?
It came with the second DBZ box.

gallagtor
Beyond Newbie

Post by gallagtor » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 pm

mattymoron wrote:If they did get the DBox footage, there would be no reason for them NOT to acquire the playdia footage. I'm betting that FUNi will release it with the movies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but FUNi acquired the Dragon Box *masters*, and the Playdia footage wasn't remastered for the R2 Dragon Box.
"Look at these guns baybah! Peow, peow!" -Broli

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:38 pm

I don't even think Funi would dub it if they got it.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:44 pm

I really hope Funi have it. I don't even need it dubbed. Subs will do just fine. But I wouldn't be surprised if they only got Dragonbox masters for the movies and episodes they already have.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:12 pm

gallagtor wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but FUNi acquired the Dragon Box *masters*, and the Playdia footage wasn't remastered for the R2 Dragon Box.
That's what they've led us to believe, yeah. Rather than licensing "the sets" as-is, it appears that they have licensed the rights to the new masters of the DBZ series and movies.

Whether or not they have access to the extras that came WITH the sets... that's an entirely different question.

With Atari out of the picture these days, though... I dunno. It seems like their closer-relationship with Namco-Bandai gives the slightest heads-up on what they used to have. I still personally think that too many people would be involved for it to ever be worth it to them...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

They would be crazy not to get it from a marketing standpoint if it was available. And if they got it, they probably dubbed it.

BTW, stop calling it Playdia footage. I realize it is a force of habit for most people here, and I’m not trying to start another argument over it, but the facts are thus: Toei calls it an OVA, and it was released independently before being used in the Playdia games. Calling it Playdia footage is the equivalent of calling the 2005 version of Cha-La Head-Cha-La “Playstation music” because it was featured in Super Dragon Ball Z.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 pm

But there is no OVA! :razz:

~Da Lemmy

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:But there is no OVA! :razz:
Oh, puuhleeeze... let's not :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:But there is no OVA! :razz:
Or so the CIA would have you believe… but I know the truth! (I’m not crazy, I swear!)

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Whether or not they have access to the extras that came WITH the sets... that's an entirely different question.
Now there's a question for the Funimation reps we need answered.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Although I've certainly been proven to be flat-out wrong in the past, my gut feeling here is that we'll be getting the footage and not much else. The price point as well as the fact that no extras (other than the booklets) were mentioned in the initial announcement would seem to support this to some degree.

Would it be cool if they somehow acquired the footage in question? Sure. Am I gonna lose sleep over it if they didn't? Nah, because it's hardly the sort of thing that we can expect.

Dragon Box quality episodes are more than enough for me.

~Da Lemmy

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:The price point as well as the fact that no extras (other than the booklets) were mentioned in the initial announcement would seem to support this to some degree.
Well, they are extras. I don’t know that they’d necessarily get highlighted even if they’re present.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

Well if Funi can get extras for their B and C shows, why not their A-show.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:01 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Budokai23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Budokai23 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:25 am

The Playdia footage is so rapped up in rights it's probably damn near impossible to get. I guess we'll just have to enjoy the awesome fandub for now. I'm pretty sure there is some bootleg DVDs out there though.
Aka gtadbzman.