Dragon Ball Kai in Mexico!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:36 am

Not a fan of these... He should have tried to stay with the beat and rhythm of the song a lot more. If these videos are official, they need to learn some fucking Spanish grammar... Goddamn, those subtitles are atrocious!

ThegreatPirateKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThegreatPirateKing » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:24 am

As someone who likes to hear songs in other languages, I would be slightly less willing to compare these to the originals but, just like the Justin Houston dubbed ending of Ouran, this dub of Dragon Soul is terrible. YBCB faired slightly better but they could of been mixed so much better. These need to be re-recorded before they release this thing.

In fact, how did Magic Sound Records get the lisence to release these songs (and the second ending of DBZ) on CD? FUNimation continuly says they can't and now, another country is doing it. Surely, if these can have a CD release, can't the English ones get some kind of release?

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:56 am

That live performance is seizure inducing 0_O

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Well, I did a bit of digging up on this Anghelo, and turns out he is not a nobody; in Mexico at least. He is an actor of Mexican "telenovelas", and not only that, he is the grandson of one of the most renown actresses of the genre, Marga Lopez, who is well known, I believe, in most ,if not all, of Latin America.
So would this guy, who has his reputation, and is somewhat well known; participate in some kind of prank or scam? if this is what it is? Or is this really an official dub of DBKai themes?
I'm even more confused and intrigued now, then when i first saw this video... :?

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:07 pm

fogdark wrote:Well, I did a bit of digging up on this Anghelo, and turns out he is not a nobody; in Mexico at least. He is an actor of Mexican "telenovelas", and not only that, he is the grandson of one of the most renown actresses of the genre, Marga Lopez, who is well known, I believe, in most ,if not all, of Latin America.
So would this guy, who has his reputation, and is somewhat well known; participate in some kind of prank or scam? if this is what it is? Or is this really an official dub of DBKai themes?
I'm even more confused and intrigued now, then when i first saw this video... :?
Really? I have lived in Mexico all my life (Well, except two years) but I have never heard of him and I asked around and no one knows who he is :?

Although Marga Lopez is known by fans of the genre

What really makes me think is the recording studio, it doesn't look legit and it's a different one than the original dub group. But it is entirely possible the rights changed hands

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:43 pm

Does this make it more likely to get an english dub?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:17 am

SSJmole wrote:Does this make it more likely to get an english dub?
Dragonball = Money. Dub will come regardless, the only question is "When?"

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Well, there's a slightly different version of Dragon Soul in Spanish sang by Anghelo. I must say, its definitely better than the first one, but i feel like there's still something missing... :?
What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIW6hsrcT28

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 am

Yep, it's better but I still think that the guy can't sing and that the lyrics don't fit the rhythm of the instruments very well.

Saiyaman Prime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Saiyaman Prime » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:14 pm

fogdark wrote:Well, there's a slightly different version of Dragon Soul in Spanish sang by Anghelo. I must say, its definitely better than the first one, but i feel like there's still something missing... :?
What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIW6hsrcT28
A LOT better IMO.
It is still off but eh, much much better than the first one. :lol:
Not saying I like it.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm doubting these are official though, I personally think this Spanish version of Yeah! Break! Care! Break! sounds better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcYE_bkG ... annel_page

Just my opinion though.

ShonenRafa77

Post by ShonenRafa77 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:10 am

If there's anything I like about these new recordings its the tranlsations they use for lyrics. I grew up watching the Mexican dubs of DragonBall and DragonBall Z and for some reason, when I first heard the Japanese "Yeah! Break! Care! Break!", it brought back very vividly the feelings of intense joy and excitement watching DBZ gave me in those early days and I feel like these lyrics transmit those feelings into Spanish extremely well.

I'm glad I checked in with you guys here on the forum and discovered I'm not the only one who found the tempo problems in "Dragon Soul" INCREDIBLY IRRITATING, but who knows? Maybe the broadcast versions will be vastly improved upon once the producers note some of the fans' reactions.

I just really, really hope that Intertrack, who was responsible for the original Mexican dub, does the duties on Kai and assembles all the major players from the old cast.

Judging by the way there was HUGE, very successful online fan movement to get the original Goku and Piccolo VA's to do the the Mexican dub of DBE, I'm hoping there's a good chance that they'll fix some of the problems with these arrangements as well as assemble the old Mexican cast when it comes to the eventual broadcast.
"In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape our sight! Let those who worship evil's might beware our power: GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!" - Oath of the Green Lantern Corps