What scene in the anime had you excited the most?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 pm

I always get goosebumps whenever I see Gohan turn SSj2 for the first time. It--and the subsequent events following--always stood out to me as one of the most significant impacts on the series, especially combined with the foreshadowing that led up to its eventual climax. Really compelling stuff.

And the way he tore apart those Cell Jrs? Fucking badass.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 am

Tweaker wrote:And the way he tore apart those Cell Jrs? Fucking badass.
In those puffs of smoke? :lol:

That was an anime change that was rather ridiculous.

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 am

jda95 wrote:
Tweaker wrote:And the way he tore apart those Cell Jrs? Fucking badass.
In those puffs of smoke? :lol:

That was an anime change that was rather ridiculous.
Well, I'll admit that I frequently tend to mesh together the impact of SSj2 Gohan against both the Cell Jrs and Bojack's minions in the same general reign, with the latter being more compelling than the former; still, you'd be hard-pressed to find anybody else who just casually tore off limbs and blew people the fuck up like Gohan did when he first reached SSj2.

I'm probably exaggerating, of course, but isn't that sort of the point? =P

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:31 am

Gohan KICKED one of Bojacks minions in half. I'm no fan of Gohan at that age, but I have to admit, that was badass. One of the only times I reacted outloud while watching DBZ.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:13 am

When Goku turned Super Saiyan for the first time, I was about 5 or 6 at the time and my life from that moment on changed for good (okay, maybe not but it was a milestone in my childhood)

I thought it'd be all over for Goku but then he performs this badass scream and with all the lightning and effects it was epic and still is, I'll always remember the look on Freeza's face.

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:50 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:Sure, there are a lot of "wow" moments that were present in the show, but which one really had your heart pumping with the most excitement?
Currently, I'm in the Freeza saga in the orange bricks and after viewing the episodes that I did last night, I still, and will always say the moment where Goku lands on the battle field and confronts Freeza, is the single most memorable moment. Everything that happens on Namek is my favorite portion of the 291 episode journey.
It's just like the Japanese narrarator says, "How long has this moment been anticipated?" I mean, Goku shows up, Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo are like "wtf?", and Freeza has no clue who Goku is, but he recognizes him as that last saiyan he gazed upon while destroying Planet Vegeta.
When you think about, too, if it wasn't for training in 100* gravity, having fought Ginyu AND being healed in that rejuvination tank, he wouldn't have been able to stand a chance against Freeza before he started to use 50 percent of his maximum.
Well since Goku turning SSJ3 for the first time has been taken, I'll go with the dub version of "I'm Mystic" Gohan facing Buu for the first time.

Although he did not get to call him a "retard" per the sub, he got to utter one of the best lines ever in the show. (Why FUNI thought this was more kid friendly than calling him a retard, I'll never understand)

This had me pumped....but then it went downhill from here.
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

FistOfTheSun
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FistOfTheSun » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am

Tenshinhan suddenly raping Cell.

I don't know what it was, just that scene was amazing.

Cell turning around and arrogantly dismissing Ten-san as fodder. Tenshinhan then just silently focuses his ki and zones in on Cell...

SHIN KIKOHO!!!!

Then Cell's face when he was about to have hell itself rain down ontop of him. All in all, I think he copped around 60 kikoho blasts to the mug in the anime.
Harass me here - http://www.facebook.com/jake.reed2

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 pm

FistOfTheSun wrote:Tenshinhan suddenly raping Cell.

Cell turning around and arrogantly dismissing Ten-san as fodder. Tenshinhan then just silently focuses his ki and zones in on Cell...

SHIN KIKOHO!!!!

Then Cell's face when he was about to have hell itself rain down ontop of him. All in all, I think he copped around 60 kikoho blasts to the mug in the anime.
That scene was Epic! It makes me smile every time I watch it. The scene served as a reminder that even the minor characters shouldn't be taken lightly. Of course this idea was dropped in the next season. :(
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:07 pm

FistOfTheSun wrote:Tenshinhan suddenly raping Cell.

SHIN KIKOHO!!!!

This. Serious WTF moment involving one of my favorite characters standing up (pretty much out of the blue) to someone FAR beyond his league.

Also, for some reason, I get a kick out of the start of Goku's fight with #19. Gero's being all arrogant about how they know everything. Piccolo questions him, and Goku just transforms as robot jaws drop. Oh, SSJ3...because...he pulled that out of his ass and everyone reacted appropriately (even Vegeta, eventually).
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Vashkey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vashkey » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 am

Gohan going Super Saiyan 2.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:33 am

Gohan going Super Saiyajin 2. Spirit Vs. Spirit was such an awesome song and it just built up to an amazing climax. I think I've watched that scene more then any other.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 am

Supa Saiya-Jin 2 Son Gohan no henshin.
(God I hope I got that right!...)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:25 am

Sin wrote:When Goku turned Super Saiyan for the first time, I was about 5 or 6 at the time and my life from that moment on changed for good (okay, maybe not but it was a milestone in my childhood)

I thought it'd be all over for Goku but then he performs this badass scream and with all the lightning and effects it was epic and still is, I'll always remember the look on Freeza's face.
Shit yes my friend. I was more like 13-14 when it aired but I was so ready for Freezer to get his nasty ass kicked it was ridiculous. I still have the date he first transformed on American television on my freaking calendar because it was so badass. Granted things then quickly started dragging but it was still just the coolest thing ever when he had that whole transformation-in-lightning thing going on and we caught that flash of gold.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Supa Saiya-Jin 2 Son Gohan no henshin.
....why not just type "Super Saiyan 2 Gohan's Transformaton"?.... :?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Big Momma wrote:
'Cause it's cooler in Japanese.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:27 pm

When Shen/Kami/Hero kicked Yamcha's balls. :lol:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Big Momma wrote:
なぜなら私は日本人だ。

私は冗談です :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
なぜなら私は日本人だ。

私は冗談です :lol:
You actually just made my day.

I feel great because I could translate that first sentence without even clicking it. :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:24 pm

You know what else? A good deal of Kaio-ken moments for me. Possibly even more so than your average Super Saiyan change.

When Goku used the triple to keep face with Vegeta, I was on the edge of my seat. It was the first time in the saga that Vegeta lost control of the fight.

When he used toe 20x against Freeza, even though it ultimately did nothing, I cheered. It looked for a few seconds like he would actually be able to do some damage.

And the Super Kaio-ken. I know its filler and all that, but I was half-paying attention to the fight. That popped my eyes open, and I was engaged for the remainder of it.

Going back to the Saiyan Saga- Gohan going Ozaru and Vegeta freaking out was awesome. Yes, it was very convenient. But it was still awesome.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:45 am

Gah! How could I forget this? Watching Son's transformation--the first real transformation sequence in over a decade--was simply rivetting. Espicially with that awesome piece used.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf