Kai Episode 22 (06 September 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Kai Episode 22 (06 September 2009)

Post by Vino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:24 am

General discussion for Dragonball Kai episode 22. Aired 06 September 2009.

猛追ドドリアの恐怖!ベジータに明かす真実
Moutsui Dodoria no Kyoufu!Bejiita ni Akasu Shinjitsu
Dodoria in Terrifying Hot Pursuit! Vegeta Learns the Truth

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:18 am

Very enjoyable episode. I especially loved Vegeta's character this time. Making a mockery of others because they have to rely on a stupid scouter just to show off his new abilities. Cocky bastard.
Oh and Haruhi-chan actually spoke this episode! :P

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 am

Good episode, but I was disappointed that they didn't fix the part where Freeza was supposed to kill the kid and not Dodoria.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:14 am

Great episode. Freeza and Vegeta were fantastic. It covered Z #48 and #49, right?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:31 am

Vino wrote:Good episode, but I was disappointed that they didn't fix the part where Freeza was supposed to kill the kid and not Dodoria.
Why were people expecting that? From what they've done so far, it's highly unlikely that they will reanimate anything beyond "censoring" and redrawing for t3h lulzz.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Vino wrote:Good episode, but I was disappointed that they didn't fix the part where Freeza was supposed to kill the kid and not Dodoria.
Why were people expecting that? From what they've done so far, it's highly unlikely that they will reanimate anything beyond "censoring" and redrawing for t3h lulzz.
Well...they can still surprise us, I mean they fixed Vegeta's colour, why not change stuff as well?

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Vino wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
Well...they can still surprise us, I mean they fixed Vegeta's colour, why not change stuff as well?
That was a simple color correction, not animating a whole new scene.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:39 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:
Vino wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: Why were people expecting that? From what they've done so far, it's highly unlikely that they will reanimate anything beyond "censoring" and redrawing for t3h lulzz.
That was a simple color correction, not animating a whole new scene.
Eh they could have just reused Freeza's finger with the beam again and then a scene with the laser beam, not that hard.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 pm

But what is the point? It doesn't really matter who kills that young Namekian.

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:But what is the point?
Being closer to the manga?

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Vino wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:But what is the point?
Being closer to the manga?
Then they surely have to change a lot more of things.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 pm

If we're gonna complain about things that were changed from the manga, why don't you also complain that Krillin dropped Dende and Gohan caught him instead of Krilling just handing Dende to Gohan like in the manga?

:roll:

Seriously. I want this to be as close to the manga as the next manga elitist bastard of a nerd does, but looking at how things have been done so far there has to be some realistic expectations.

On-topic, though, this episode went through more than I thought it would. For some reason, I saw it going only to the point that Vegeta and Dodoria first met rather than making it through their entire encounter.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:57 pm

This episode really kicked tail Great pacing, and it really felt like a chase scene should in a film or something. Toei really got their A-guy on this one.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Ultimate DBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate DBZ » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:47 pm

If they make a few changes to Kai, yet still remaining simmilar to the Manga, it causes Suprizes. Plus, if its the same as the Manga you alwayes know whats going to happen.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:42 pm

I was so happy Dodoria's chase didn't last the whole episode :D I also was expecting them to stop the episode with the arrival of Vegeta and not the whole death scene. Very nice.

Aya Hirano sounds really good as Dende.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:48 pm

So this covered, what... four chapters? Sounds pretty reasonable considering that this episode was more action and less talking. It was also nice to see that impalement isn't really much of an issue anymore.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Great episode. Dodoria's gone and Vegeta has arrived.

Next episode is the one with Lupin Vegeta, isn't it? It'll be interesting to see how they handle that.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:Lupin Vegeta
Huh?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:
Huh?
It's a drawing within the episode that looks, super-deformed and he kinda looks like Lupin. It's when Vegeta is giving a thumbs-up if I remember correctly.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:08 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:
Amigo Ten wrote:
Huh?
It's a drawing within the episode that looks, super-deformed and he kinda looks like Lupin. It's when Vegeta is giving a thumbs-up if I remember correctly.
He's pointing his finger like a gun.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash