Japanese DBZ3 Extras

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:51 am

Bah. Screw the X-Box! People need to stop making games for it at all. *nod*

Now, to get back on topic with this post (sorta):

What we need is a "Dragonball Z: Budokai Unlimited (or just4)" What would this be? Well all the characters from all 3 games, plus new ones (Kui, Chaotzu, Roshi, Kid Krillin, Murasaki, Tao (normal and Cyborg (capsule maybe?), Chi-Chi, Piccolo Daimao, Pan, Bojack, Tapion, Pikkon, and Olibu namely. This is assumeing the other GT charas are added to B3. Otherwise, add them too.). It would also merge the main modes of B1 and B3 and start at the start of the story. Not the start of DB, but the story, in other words, the Bardock special.

Now, how would the modes be merged? Well, we'd have the over world maps to fly around on but instead of pictures and text to tell the story, we'd get fully animated Cutscenes like B1. It would tell ALL of DB from Bardock to 'Omega Shenron'. Plus, an extra 'arcade mode' needs to be put in for crying out loud. I hate having to pick a new opponent after every match in duel mode. So annoying.

Also, more what-if stories, fusions, and such. And the one thing I've been wanting since the first damn game said "Customize your character"! A character creator!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:30 am

Xyex wrote:Bah. Screw the X-Box! People need to stop making games for it at all. *nod*

What we need is a "Dragonball Z: Budokai Unlimited (or just4)" What would this be? Well all the characters from all 3 games, plus new ones (Kui, Chaotzu, Roshi, Kid Krillin, Murasaki, Tao (normal and Cyborg (capsule maybe?), Chi-Chi, Piccolo Daimao, Pan, Bojack, Tapion, Paikuhan, and Olibu namely. This is assumeing the other GT charas are added to B3. Otherwise, add them too.). It would also merge the main modes of B1 and B3 and start at the start of the story. Not the start of DB, but the story, in other words, the Bardock special.

Now, how would the modes be merged? Well, we'd have the over world maps to fly around on but instead of pictures and text to tell the story, we'd get fully animated Cutscenes like B1. It would tell ALL of DB from Bardock to 'Omega Shenron'. Plus, an extra 'arcade mode' needs to be put in for crying out loud. I hate having to pick a new opponent after every match in duel mode. So annoying.

Also, more what-if stories, fusions, and such. And the one thing I've been wanting since the first damn game said "Customize your character"! A character creator!
I agree with most of that, except for the more custome fusions and character customizing. =P

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:21 am

I dunno, it sounds like an idea. =D I'd make myself Onio. XD Or some goofball character along the lines of Mr. Satan.

And I'm all for the mentioned character line-up. But I'd also add Kame-sennin as a character(and Jackie Chun as his alternate outfit)! He's a former Tenkaichi Budokai winner for crying out loud. XD

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:54 am

The idea is good, but almost impossible to do.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:58 am

Xyex wrote: (Kui, Chaotzu, Roshi, Kid Krillin, Murasaki, Tao (normal and Cyborg (capsule maybe?), Chi-Chi, Piccolo Daimao, Pan, Bojack, Tapion, Paikuhan, and Olibu namely. This is assumeing the other GT charas are added to B3. Otherwise, add them too.)
Hehe. Ya, he's already in the list. And Fuujin, it's all quite do-able. Only, it would take a few years as opposed to just 1. Or, in the case of B3, less than 1.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:02 am

Ack, guess my brain only registers Kame-senning @@. My bad.

And I dunno, it sounds to me like it could be made in little over a year. Which I can live with personally.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:03 am

Xyex wrote:Bah. Screw the X-Box! People need to stop making games for it at all. *nod*
:roll:

*sigh* Why does it suck?

What we need is a "Dragonball Z: Budokai Unlimited (or just4)" What would this be? Well all the characters from all 3 games, plus new ones (Kui, Chaotzu, Roshi, Kid Krillin, Murasaki, Tao (normal and Cyborg (capsule maybe?), Chi-Chi, Piccolo Daimao, Pan, Bojack, Tapion, Paikuhan, and Olibu namely. This is assumeing the other GT charas are added to B3. Otherwise, add them too.). It would also merge the main modes of B1 and B3 and start at the start of the story. Not the start of DB, but the story, in other words, the Bardock special.

The rest of it sounds good. I'd love to see some of the DB characters make it into the game as well as Tapion and Paikuhan. I'd also like to see the return of the What If Fusions. But I disagree with character customizing. DBZB3 did it perfectly with Dragon World/Dragon Arena, and being able to choose the moves and abilities your character has is a form of customizing. How much farther do you want to bloody well go? Do ou want to give Goku a hair cut, dye it red, replace his gi with a blue t-shirt and black jeans and re-name him Frank?!

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:04 am

I think he meant creating your own character from scratch. =D

And well.... perhaps it's more of a problem that the X-box is part of a capitalistic company that seems to try and get a monopoly on every market it threads. XD

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:36 am

I don't like the X-box. It looks bad, the controller for it is crap, the games are shoddy, and the graphics and animation in most of the games remind me of high end games on low end computers. Choppy and blah. The GC and PS2 are much smoother. But that's not the point, so...

Yes, Pedro is right, I mean an actual chracter creation feature. You design hieghts, shapes, colors, modifiy existing things if needed, tweak things where you want, etc. And of course, the ability to create the moves as well. Really, a low end creator could do a LOT with the existing material. Plus, beyond being able to 'import' my fanfic characters, it'd be neat to make my own 'what ifs' too. Like an SSJ Bardock and such.

And some things would be so simple to do too. Transformations, for example. You make model one, you make model two, you link model two to model one (assuming they change physically, otherwise it's just a case if changing the aura). I mean, just basic little things could be quite powerful.

And I've heard others say that it would have been more doable in B1 than B2/3 but that's not true. 2/3 are Cel Shaded, yes, but that's only a lighting/coloring/rendering method, not anything special. And I mean, could you imagine giving Radiz SSJ-SSJ4, or creating a fifth form for Freeza, etc?

And a few other things. Transformations need to be 'built in' to the characters, not capsules. Ki attacks, Ultimates, and physical skills (they shouldn't have removed those combo things) plus the Support and Items should be all that need to be set.

As for stopping someone from making an uber powerful SSJ100 right from the start, levels and stats my friend. You can't make an ultimate until level 20. You can't make a transformation until level 25. Next ultimate at 40 and transformation at 50. 3rd ult at 60, transformation at 75. So on and so on with no level limits. (Level 250 SSJ5 Toma simply cause you created him and leveled him up that much? Cool.)

And lastly, DU/DA didn't do ANYTHING different than the last two games except add leveling up. The extent of 'customizing' to the Budokai games is setting existing skills. I want to make my own moves for my own characters, and existing characters. I want to be able to give Nappa SSJ, Mirai Trunks the Final Flash, Chibi Trunks the Big Bang Attack, Gohan the Spirit Bomb, Yamcha the Kaio Ken... the list goes on and on!
<Xyex> Good point.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:03 pm

would the Jap. version work on my PS2 (UK) I might have to buy an action replay card or something like that though.
When is it scheduled for release in Japan?
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:07 pm

Xyex wrote:I don't like the X-box. It looks bad, the controller for it is crap, the games are shoddy, and the graphics and animation in most of the games remind me of high end games on low end computers. Choppy and blah. The GC and PS2 are much smoother. But that's not the point, so...
I don't necessarily like X-Box either, but these arguments have been applied to the Gamecube and PS2 over and over. Instead of fueling fire to the console wars we should honestly just go hey they're all good.

Of course most people think "hey they're all good" means buy them all. I'm actually suggesting keep your console hate, but only let it control your purchases. :wink:

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:44 pm

askani son wrote:would the Jap. version work on my PS2 (UK) I might have to buy an action replay card or something like that though.
When is it scheduled for release in Japan?
Action Replay is a CD ;p

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:53 pm

Oh yeah. OOPS. Doesn't answer my question though :P

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:36 am

No, it wont. PS2 games are just like DVDs, region coded. You'll need either a Japanese PS2 or a mod for your existing PS2.
<Xyex> Good point.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:48 am

ah well. I guess I'll figure something out. As long as there is extra characters I will do my best to get that game.

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:01 pm

On another note, when is Budokai 2 GC coming out?

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:14 pm

In Europe? 18th of March, got it preordered myself. XD

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:17 pm

what extras will the gc version of the game have?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:27 pm

askani son wrote:what extras will the gc version of the game have?
It will automatically capitalize the first letter of a word starting a new sentence! It's called "Dragon Grammar". :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:32 pm

Oh yeah. Sorry. Most of my typing is done in MSN so I don't really put too much effort into my grammar normally.
I'll try too remember in future. :lol: