Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

penguintruth
Banned

Re: Kai Episode 43 (6 February 2010)

Post by penguintruth » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Toei won't even put an uncensored version on Blu-Ray, expecting them to fix that mistake is just about of the question.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I feel like this arm situation completely validates any problem we had back in 2007 with FUNimation's cropping.

Here you have educated and casual fans, alike, tossing out pot-shots at Kai for fucking something up... when it's actually there, always been there, and just covered up by the cropping. Not only did you all notice it without having it pointed out to you by a prominent website, but you felt the need to whine about it on a message board.

Welcome to three years ago :).
Who's whining about that? I thought it was funny, like with the phallic cloud or the heavy eye liner. The only complaining I see is issues like this:
Lunaar wrote:Was I the only one that was REVOLTED at the sight of Kuririn's orange gi appearing out of nowhere? That shit shouldn't have been tolerated then, much less twenty or so years later, with remastered scenes! They spent all of that effort on recoloring Vegeta's palette during his first appearance early on and proceed to miss a blatant mistake like that?

.....seriously, guys?? :|
Which by the way, is totally valid. I thought the whole point of kai was to fix problems with the original, not mindlessly trace over old frames. I can do that.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I'm surprised I'm the first one to post this. Like son, like father...it's 'retarded Gokû'!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I'm surprised I'm the first one to post this. Like son, like father...it's 'retarded Gokû'!
That was actually one of the better re-animated moments, especially considering the source material. I don't remember that scene being nearly as fluid as it was in Kai, especially since it had, what looks like the "caveman" art style. I really wish that all of the new animation was that good.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Is there a pic of the Kuririn error? Poor Kuririn, they fixed all of the Vegeta's wardrobe malfunctions , but not yours.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 pm

It was posted earlier in the thread.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 pm

I really want to know how something like that happened. The frame right before Krillin in his orange gi is Krillin in his Saiyan Armor. I don't know about Toei, but when I animate something I pay close attention to my prior frames before going forward. I can't understand how a professional company can mess up something as obvious as that(twice no less). That's really embarrassing.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:00 pm

I am the most unobservant person in the world. I never notice these things until you guys point them out. :lol:
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I really want to know how something like that happened. The frame right before Krillin in his orange gi is Krillin in his Saiyan Armor. I don't know about Toei, but when I animate something I pay close attention to my prior frames before going forward. I can't understand how a professional company can mess up something as obvious as that(twice no less). That's really embarrassing.
I wish Kei17 was here. We could ask him what the Japanese fans think of the error.

Like I stated elsewhere, I just don't care.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:04 am

Kendamu wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I really want to know how something like that happened. The frame right before Krillin in his orange gi is Krillin in his Saiyan Armor. I don't know about Toei, but when I animate something I pay close attention to my prior frames before going forward. I can't understand how a professional company can mess up something as obvious as that(twice no less). That's really embarrassing.
I wish Kei17 was here. We could ask him what the Japanese fans think of the error.

Honestly, your mentality is the best way to handle this situation. I mean, there is really no point in getting stressed out over things I can't fix. However, as an artist(and as someone who wants to venture into the field of animation) it's hard to accept something like that as "professional" and a part of me is upset over it. It is what it is I guess,and overall I think Toei has done a good job with Kai. For the most part I'm pleased. I just hope they are more carefull in the future, I want the best care possible for my Dragonball.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Kendamu wrote:

Honestly, your mentality is the best way to handle this situation. I mean, there is really no point in getting stressed out over things I can't fix. However, as an artist(and as someone who wants to venture into the field of animation) it's hard to accept something like that as "professional" and a part of me is upset over it. It is what it is I guess,and overall I think Toei has done a good job with Kai. For the most part I'm pleased. I just hope they are more carefull in the future, I want the best care possible for my Dragonball.
Trust me, I'd be angry if this sort of thing happened more often. So far there's been a mistake from Z in a preview that was fixed for Kai (Goku's kanji on the front of his gi being miscolored), one mistake in a Kai preview that was fixed for the actual episode that I initially didn't even notice (Ten's checkered Kikoho), and Krillin's gi. All three of those were ranging from a split second to a few seconds and that's over the course of over 40 episodes. For a half-assed remake, that's really good!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 am

I just hope things like Tenshinhan's kikoho in the preview isn't "corrected" in the home release. Oh, wait, is that already out? They already fixed the "paradice" from the first episode. These fuck ups need to be presented like they originally were.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Kendamu wrote:Trust me, I'd be angry if this sort of thing happened more often. So far there's been a mistake from Z in a preview that was fixed for Kai (Goku's kanji on the front of his gi being miscolored), one mistake in a Kai preview that was fixed for the actual episode that I initially didn't even notice (Ten's checkered Kikoho), and Krillin's gi. All three of those were ranging from a split second to a few seconds and that's over the course of over 40 episodes. For a half-assed remake, that's really good!
You're forgetting the time they messed up Zarbon. It had something to with with headband thing, I think.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."