Issues with deleting posts?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Issues with deleting posts?

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:46 am

Yesterday I was going to delete a post, but I noticed that the little [x] wasn't there, even though my post was the most recent in the thread, and today I noticed that it was back, so I tried to delete another post of mine as a test (in the Lunch/Launch thread), and it sent me to a "404" page, and even though the post is now gone, it still lists me as the most recent poster.

Is this just on my end or is something going on?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Issues with deleting posts?

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:41 am

I've had the same problem.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:02 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Yesterday I was going to delete a post, but I noticed that the little [x] wasn't there, even though my post was the most recent in the thread, and today I noticed that it was back, so I tried to delete another post of mine as a test (in the Lunch/Launch thread), and it sent me to a "404" page, and even though the post is now gone, it still lists me as the most recent poster.

Is this just on my end or is something going on?
I have been away for a while, so I wouldn't know if this is a problem or not. I didn't delete posts much even when I did post frequently, so even then I wouldn't know/care all that much.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:00 pm

You can delete posts through the "edit" button now. There is a check mark at the top of your message.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Now in some posts the [x] won't appear and the "delete post" check box when editing a post won't appear, even when no reply has been made to my post... Even going back to the post later doesn't fix it.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Isn't there, like, a 15-minute time limit on the ability to delete a post?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:10 pm

bkev wrote:Isn't there, like, a 15-minute time limit on the ability to delete a post?
If there is, then I wasn't aware of it, though I've been able to delete posts right after making them. In fact, after looking, I could delete this one right now too.

It seems every post I make in this thread cannot be deleted. Unless the thread has some setting enabled that I am unaware of...

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 am

One thing I've noticed is that when your post is the newest post in a thread, it displays the [X] for it to be deleted if you want it to be deleted. When someone else posts after that post though, the [X] disappears. I believe the delete feature through the edit button disappears too.

In other words, if your post isn't the newest one in a thread, you can't delete it. :?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 am

Shiyonasan wrote:In other words, if your post isn't the newest one in a thread, you can't delete it. :?
I'm well aware of that, but sometimes even if my post is the newest, I still can't delete it.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:In other words, if your post isn't the newest one in a thread, you can't delete it. :?
I'm well aware of that, but sometimes even if my post is the newest, I still can't delete it.
Oh, sorry about that. I just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know. That is quite strange....

I think bkev is right though that there's a time limit on the ability to delete a post. You're checking it a few seconds or a few minutes after you posted it to delete it, right?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
Oh, sorry about that. I just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't know. That is quite strange....

I think bkev is right though that there's a time limit on the ability to delete a post. You're checking it a few seconds or a few minutes after you posted it to delete it, right?
Yeah, I thought it might be that, but I'm usually able to delete posts right after making them, and sometimes after waiting hours I still can't delete them...