Kai Episode 56 (09 May 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Treklin
Beyond Newbie

Kai Episode 56 (09 May 2010)

Post by Treklin » Sat May 08, 2010 7:50 pm

General Discussion for DragonBall Kai episode 56, aired 09 May 2010.

フリーザはボクが倒す!もう1人の超サイヤ人
Furiiza wa Boku ga Taosu! Mou Hitori no Suupaa Saiya-jin
I'll Defeat Freeza! Another Super Saiyan
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Kai Episode 56 (09 May 2010)

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:21 pm

There's another handful of new music this time... and it's even better than last episode's!

And early on in the episode, for me, there was a shot of Trunks that KeyHole screwed up, which showed most of Trunks' face, but Freeza was talking and you could see his black lips moving over where Trunks' mouth should have been. It was quite hilarious! :lol:
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Treklin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Treklin » Sat May 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Good episode and good music!!

Freeza was again divided into two half:
Last edited by Treklin on Sat May 08, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat May 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Okay, I've been wondering this for quite a while... do all Japanese broadcasts feel required to place the clock in the top left-hand corner of the screen? Why? How long has this practice been going on?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat May 08, 2010 8:40 pm

The music used for Trunks' transformation was disappointing. Compare that to "Battle Power Unlimited".
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Treklin wrote:Good episode and good music!!

I watched it on VLC, so I could record it and stick it on YouTube, and managed to do it before the episode ended!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Okay, I've been wondering this for quite a while... do all Japanese broadcasts feel required to place the clock in the top left-hand corner of the screen? Why? How long has this practice been going on?
Yeah, I noticed this too. It's really useful for telling me on when the show is about to end. :lol:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Okay, I've been wondering this for quite a while... do all Japanese broadcasts feel required to place the clock in the top left-hand corner of the screen? Why? How long has this practice been going on?
They do the same thing in the UK, and I'm sure other countries do it too...

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat May 08, 2010 9:42 pm

When the first time I watch Kai it's there too

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat May 08, 2010 9:55 pm

But why....? Why do they feel compelled to do that? Do they assume the viewers don't have their own timepieces?

And to stay on topic... yeesh, how jarring when the animation suddenly shifts from awesomely amazing to misproportioned triangles...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat May 08, 2010 10:05 pm

It's maybe because a lot of Japanese elder watch Morning show(It's appears only Morning show have clock but I don't know for sure if noon,afternoon or tonight show have clock), so that's like reminder what's time is it so you won't come late to work.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat May 08, 2010 10:19 pm

I know Digimon Savers had a Clock like such, and I think it even goes back into the 90s, but I could be mistaken. Memory's not what a goldfish's used to be, so can't be sure.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat May 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Even on DragonBall Kai Krillin still checking Gohan ass

zeldarocks

Post by zeldarocks » Sat May 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:But why....? Why do they feel compelled to do that? Do they assume the viewers don't have their own timepieces?

And to stay on topic... yeesh, how jarring when the animation suddenly shifts from awesomely amazing to misproportioned triangles...
What are these "Triangle-men" I keep hearing so much about?

BTW, how is it that you guys manage to get such video good quality? Last I checked, keyhole's quality was terrible...

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun May 09, 2010 12:01 am

The animation studio headed up by Ebisawa Yukio where characters seem rather stretched thin with really tall eyes and very pointy chins.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun May 09, 2010 12:13 am

zeldarocks wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:But why....? Why do they feel compelled to do that? Do they assume the viewers don't have their own timepieces?

What are these "Triangle-men" I keep hearing so much about?

BTW, how is it that you guys manage to get such video good quality? Last I checked, keyhole's quality was terrible...
They using this it open on browser using WMP, I would use that to but when I watch on there it's only play sound maybe because my slow Internet connection

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 09, 2010 2:56 am

The Time Traveller wrote:
Treklin wrote:Good episode and good music!!

I watched it on VLC, so I could record it and stick it on YouTube, and managed to do it before the episode ended!
You recorded the streaming with VLC? To comment the clip; I think the music was very anti dramatic, and didn't fit at all.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun May 09, 2010 6:45 am

Glad to hear Trunks' voice actor still sounds the same. The episode itself was also pretty solid. The thing that I noticed though was the scene where Trunks catches the second blast that Freeza fires at him. In Dragonball Z, Trunks is shown first screaming and then catching the blast while in Kai he catches it and screams during his defence. It’s very minor and insignificant and I’m not sure why this scene was imprinted in my mind this well. :P

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun May 09, 2010 6:58 am

Wow, it's got nothing on the original. Voice acting, pacing (it just seems to go so quickly, no build-up or drama), and especially music.

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:38 am

Rory wrote:Wow, it's got nothing on the original. Voice acting, pacing (it just seems to go so quickly, no build-up or drama), and especially music.
In my opinion its a massive improvement on the original, the pace was just right, with some awesome new music in just the right place.
Ryūzaburō Ōtomo made a fantastic King Cold.
Although he will always be Crocodile to me. :D