Kai Episode 58 (23 May 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Kai Episode 58 (23 May 2010)

Post by RazorX » Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Can we all stop talking about recording a broadcast that you probably shouldn't be watching in the first place? Thanks :).
Apologies. I thought it was fine to talk about it since at the end of the day, it is increasing viewership for Dragon Ball Kai.

Speaking of which, it would be interesting to know if Fuji TV are taking into account the number of people outside of Japan who are watching their broadcasts live for Dragon Ball Kai.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 24, 2010 9:55 pm

RazorX wrote:Speaking of which, it would be interesting to know if Fuji TV are taking into account the number of people outside of Japan who are watching their broadcasts live for Dragon Ball Kai.
Are you asking if they are taking it into account? Possibly -- if they can even tell.

Are you asking if it affects their numbers in terms of advertising revenue, therefore making it better for everyone? Absolutely not. Anyone outside of Japan isn't a part of that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

RazorX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RazorX » Mon May 24, 2010 10:07 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
RazorX wrote:Speaking of which, it would be interesting to know if Fuji TV are taking into account the number of people outside of Japan who are watching their broadcasts live for Dragon Ball Kai.
Are you asking if they are taking it into account? Possibly -- if they can even tell.
Yep. I dont know if they can tell but there's a chance they may be able to, even if its purely out of curiosity or statistical purposes.
Are you asking if it affects their numbers in terms of advertising revenue, therefore making it better for everyone? Absolutely not. Anyone outside of Japan isn't a part of that.
Nope, because the advertisers gain benefit from a Japanese audience only in Japan, I doubt they'd want to take into affect the viewership outside of Japan when negotiating deals with Fuji TV.

I dont really watch DB Kai as I'd prefer to wait for the broadcast of it or until I decide to buy the Blu rays to watch episodes in bulk and in clear quality. But I found the music in a SSJ Goku vs Freeza episode to be awesome, and upon watching various clips, the soundtrack has an epic feel to it, so was intrigued by future episodes of which i might only watch a few clips. I'll still wait for the (Ocean) broadcast or blu rays (Japanese sub) to gain the full benefit of watching it "new first time"

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue May 25, 2010 1:08 am

Two things.

1. Goku was ADORABLE in this episode. The way he talked was so entertaining, fun, and cute.

2. The song playing when everyone's training near the end? An instrumental, orchestral version of the Budokai 2 opening!

Edit: Not Budokai 2, Budokai 3.
Last edited by KaiserNeko on Tue May 25, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:15 am

KaiserNeko wrote:An instrumental, orchestral version of the Budokai 3 opening!
That's definitely the Budokai 2 opening...

But yeah, I was wondering why it sounded so familiar...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue May 25, 2010 1:18 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:An instrumental, orchestral version of the Budokai 3 opening!
That's definitely the Budokai 2 opening...

But yeah, I was wondering why it sounded so familiar...
Whoops, yeah, Budokai 2. xD
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 am

Aww! No driving episode? :cry:

JK. On a more serious note, I'm glad they did the training parts in one episode. The pacing will be perfect at this point.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat May 29, 2010 8:02 am

I like the fact that they kept some training too: the "three years passed" is less brutal than in the manga that way, and it allows the inclusion of hints for Bulma and Vegeta (other than the fact that Trunks said that they would be together of course), and also showcases Vegeta's new obsession to become a Super Saiyan, which pursues him even in his sleep/coma, and will eventually allow him to become a Super Saiyan after all!

Noticeable orchestra version for the Budokai 2 intro. Guess that leaves hope for everyone to have their favorite opening as an orchestral version in Kai someday! Now the question is, which opening would you like to have as an orchestral version... Hmm...