Funniest Moment?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Funniest Moment?

Post by KakaR0T » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 am

LMAO! If you don't laugh at this then you have a heart of stone.
It's a very funny redub of the scene where Goku goes to Namek to get Dende as the new God of Earth. The dubbing looks really good and is in sync with the mouth movements which makes it funnier. LOL poor Dende.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am

KakaR0T wrote:LMAO! If you don't laugh at this then you have a heart of stone.
It's a very funny redub of the scene where Goku goes to Namek to get Dende as the new God of Earth. The dubbing looks really good and is in sync with the mouth movements which makes it funnier. LOL poor Dende.
Uh... what does a fan parody have to do with the funniest scene from the manga/anime? :?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Uh... what does a fan parody have to do with the funniest scene from the manga/anime? :?
uh... I just thought it was funny is all.

skatezeppelin
Beyond Newbie

Post by skatezeppelin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 am

KakaR0T wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
uh... I just thought it was funny is all.
I started this thread and while I wanted stuff from the manga/anime, that was pretty funny. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=CywfRWb8DOI&feature=fvw
I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Vegeta1056
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1056 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:05 am

Most of the Krillin parts in Super Android 13. They were pretty good.

And this:

Goku: King Kai is that you?

King Kai: No it's your chair talking to you! Of course it's King Kai!

There's a lot more funny moments in DBZ that I've come across that I can't think of right now but if I can I'll post it here.

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:00 am

On Dragon Ball I lol'd when Goku punched Red Ribbon Blue's radio transmitter when talking with Commander Red, because "he was too noisy". When Goku first visits Metro West there are some funny parts as well, like when Goku is being robbed by two thugs lol. Kid Goku can be so funny, but another funny character in DB is Muten Roshi. Specially in the beggining of the series, I remember one instance where Lunch first appears and he says that Goku and Krillin are his younger brothers lol.

On Dragon Ball Z, I don't have that many moments, in DBZ the funniest character is Vegeta. His attitude is so unique and strong that its funny, An example of this would be when Trunks and Goten were fighting in the finals of the Junior Division of the Tenkaichi Budokai, and he was really feeling the fight, making all these mean faces and "calling out fouls" (when Goten turned SSJ), and when Trunks wins he pulls this one out of the bag "Hey too bad (Kakarotto). It would seem that my son comes from the better stock."

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:50 am

Deity wrote:and when Trunks wins he pulls this one out of the bag "Hey too bad (Kakarotto). It would seem that my son comes from the better stock."
As much as I like the Majin Vegeta section, I almost wish it hadn't happened because I really enjoy mellow!Vegeta from the beginning of the Buu Arc.

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I love it and find it so funny when the announcer is greeting Goku, Vegeta is just standing near the group but with the back to them, like he's part of the group but not part of the group. Piccolo is seen doing that, and #18 too, but Vegeta makes it funny and badass.
Another moment when I laughed was when Bulma was mad because Goku said she looked old (or like an Auntie or whatever), right near the end of the series, and Vegeta calmly, with a tone like he couldn't care less about what Bulma feels like, starts explaining that the Saiyans are a warrior race and as such their youth period is longer so they can fight more

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 pm

mysticboy wrote:This.
...Geez... :x

What is up with people posting unrelated things in threads like this as of late? First it was the "camera pans" thread, and then the "worst looking episode" thread, and now this one...

Mods... with all due respect...
Guys, this thread is for the funniest moment in the series, not the funniest fan parody.

I mean, this forum even has a section dedicated to things like that...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
mysticboy wrote:This.
...Geez... :x
What is up with people posting unrelated things in threads like this as of late? First it was the "camera pans" thread, and then the "worst looking episode" thread, and now this one...
Mods... with all due respect...
Guys, this thread is for the funniest moment in the series, not the funniest fan parody.
I mean, this forum even has a section dedicated to things like that...
Yeah. But it's still funny watching Satan repeatedly punch Buu.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Deity wrote:and when Trunks wins he pulls this one out of the bag "Hey too bad (Kakarotto). It would seem that my son comes from the better stock."
As much as I like the Majin Vegeta section, I almost wish it hadn't happened because I really enjoy mellow!Vegeta from the beginning of the Buu Arc.
Agreed, SO MUCH. It was really cool seeing Vegeta just chilling and not constantly thinking of competition (well, at least in a serious manner).

And one funny moment is in the dub, when Trunks learns how to walk. Bulma says, "Now turn into a Super Saiyan." and then Trunks looks at her like, "WTF?"
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Probably when, for the manga AND anime, when Gohan was training, and Goten was acting like a typical 7-year-old. First the dinosaur, then the weird isect, then to REALLY piss Gohan off, he tried to catch a huge Dinosaur. How I loved the expression on Gohan's face when he saw young Goten clinging on to this beast's giant flinging tail and nearly getting crushed by a rock which wouldn't actually hurt him, considering his current power level.
Another Gohan and Goten thing, in the same manga or episode, Goten transforms into a SSJ in front of Gohan's eyes.
Goten: Uhm... since Mom's gone, can I become a super Saiyan?
Gohan: *laughs awkwardly and babbles on about training*
Goten: *turns SSJ*
Gohan: What The Fu-*boom*
My favourite movie part was when Goten was asking Trunks what genetic Biotech was in Movie 11.
Goten: Hey Trunks, what's Biotechnology?
Trunks: Genetic engineerig, stupid.
Goten: Wow Trunks you're smart!
Trunks: Yeah, my mom is a genius who teaches me this stuff.
Goten: Trunks, what's genetic engineering?
Trunks: Uhh... *trademark awkward smile* Biotechnology!
Goten: Wow!
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:59 am

I always laugh at that scene in Dragon Ball when General Blue is about to kill Krillin and Bulma tries to distract him. I guess this proves Blue is homosexual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfcQgJ47cU

In DBZ its when Dende drops Mr Satan to the ground, as he is falling he screams then realizes he is the champ, does some spins and lands on a rock that goes between his legs.

As for GT, I chuckle when Pan had the keys and Trunks was trying to catch her to get the keys but she puts them in her shirt.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 am

Codarik wrote:As for GT, I chuckle when Pan had the keys and Trunks was trying to catch her to get the keys but she puts them in her shirt.
Can you show the video?

KakaR0T
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KakaR0T » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Codarik wrote:I always laugh at that scene in Dragon Ball when General Blue is about to kill Krillin and Bulma tries to distract him. I guess this proves Blue is homosexual.

It always bothers me when people say that. Just because he's not attracted to Bulma (this ONE particular girl) does not mean he's gay. It's as if a guy has to be attracted to EVERY girl otherwise he is homosexual. I'm certainly not attracted to a girl like Bulma because girls like that aren't my type (yes, I know she's an animé character but I'm referring to her personality/attidude) so I understand Blue's reaction, that doesn't make me homosexual.

Yes, I know that he actually IS homosexual but just because he wasn't attracted to ONE girl doesn't count as PROOF of it. The ONLY proof that someone is homosexual is if the person is sexually attracted to members of the same sex.

NOTE: I'm not ranting at you personally, it's just something that bothered me in general.
Last edited by KakaR0T on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Woah buddy, y'wanna sit in that chair and have a little chat with Mr.Friendly my sock puppet?
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:45 pm

KakaR0T wrote:
Codarik wrote:I always laugh at that scene in Dragon Ball when General Blue is about to kill Krillin and Bulma tries to distract him. I guess this proves Blue is homosexual.

It always bothers me when people say that. Just because he's not attracted to Bulma (this ONE particular girl) does not mean he's gay. It's as if a guy has to be attracted to EVERY girl otherwise he is homosexual. I'm certainly not attracted to a girl like Bulma because girls like that aren't my type (yes, I know she's an animé character but I'm referring to her personality/attidude) so I understand Blue's reaction, that doesn't make me homosexual.

Yes, I know that he actually IS homosexual but just because he wasn't attracted to ONE girl doesn't count as PROOF of it. The ONLY proof that someone is homosexual is if the person is sexually attracted to members of the same sex.

NOTE: I'm not ranting at you personally, it's just something that bothered me in general.
He said "Ew a girl" not "Ew that girl."

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
KakaR0T wrote:

He said "Ew a girl" not "Ew that girl."
Someone who says he doesn't like girls could just be misogynistic. Or an asexual. It's only if they openly say that they don't like girls "in that way" that you'd know if they were homosexual or not.

Blue's gay, I know, and yes, Toriyama probably used that scene to express it more (even though Toriyama's character designs aren't exactly subtle). But you can't write off someone for being gay just because they dislike women. Most gay guys aren't disgusted by girls, they just aren't sexually attracted to them. Or maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Man I just watched that clip, talk about nerfing the end of that joke.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.