Kai Episode 65 (18 July 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Wukong
Regular

Re: Kai Episode 65 (18 July 2010)

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:02 pm

penguintruth wrote:I didn't notice any big improvements from the Z version of this material. But maybe it was because Keyhole was acting up.

Also, the music is getting so dull.
I don't know, thought the music was just fine.
There is actually only one thing that looked awkward in this episode. It's when Vegeta gets smacked against a rock just before Nr.18 dislocates his elbow. When he has his head leaned over backwards and his mouth is open, due to the pain he receives, his hair disappears inside the rock behind him and reappears back when he leans forward.
MR.Mark wrote:#16 and Tenshinhan definitely do not sound exactly the same from what I was hearing
Well, you can't actually say that there isn't a difference based on this episode alone. Tenshinhan and Nr.16 sound ''different'' here because all the lines Tenshinhan had were stressed and panicked in contrast to Nr.16 who was just looking at birds and chillin. Now it only has been two episodes where Nr.16 had to say something, which isn't much begin with, and I'm not trying to say that there isn't going to be a definite difference later in the series. But, so far if you’de close your eyes and listen to Tenshinhan when he is calm (e.g. first time we see Tenshinan in Kai at Kame-post) and compare his voice with that of Nr.16 you could easily say that it's the same voice actor.

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:04 pm

I disagree, to me #16 is more low pitch and way more bassy in how he talks than Tenshinhan. I'm not saying you can't tell it's the same actor, just that the characters don't sound exactly the same.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:11 am

I noticed that Midorikawa's Tenshinhan was sounding like his 16 a few episodes ago.

I don't know why they didn't just get Kōichi Yamadera to play Tenshinhan for Kai, having played him before. Maybe he was busy?
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 am

It's been awhile since I heard his #16 voice in Z, but here it sounds fairly more rugged and deep compared to his Ten.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:03 am

That felt like possibly 4 episodes of Z together in this episode of Kai because of the animation jumps, but I can't be completely sure. O_O

That is a painful-looking broken arm. >_O

I'm looking forward more to the next episode; looks like there's more "good animation days" packed into that one. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 am

I'm really disliking the music now. I'm also not too fond of Ryo Hirikawa's new Vegeta voice.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 am

They didn't correct, more than one instance, Trunks eyes while Super Saiyan. It is that obvious but yet...

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am

SylentEcho wrote:I'm really disliking the music now. I'm also not too fond of Ryo Hirikawa's new Vegeta voice.
Am I the only one here who feels like the music's gotten better? Although yeah, I can sort of agree about Horikawa's Vegeta.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 am

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:23 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
SylentEcho wrote:I'm really disliking the music now. I'm also not too fond of Ryo Hirikawa's new Vegeta voice.
Am I the only one here who feels like the music's gotten better? Although yeah, I can sort of agree about Horikawa's Vegeta.
Did he change the voice, or is it just the fact that he seems to be less good of an actor now?

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am

sangofe wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
Did he change the voice, or is it just the fact that he seems to be less good of an actor now?
The voice has changed a little bit, mostly because of age and smoking. It's hard to explain, but his screams a rougher and more... congested, it sounds like.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Impressed by this episode! Things are moving really fast, at this rate, Cell will appear in less than four episodes from now! I intended to consider Piccolo finding Cell in the city as the end of the season, but then if it's less than 15 episodes, it's a pretty short season!

It is very respectful of the manga again, I was expecting a certain amount of filler in the fight, but it pretty much sticks to what's in the manga, and in just one episode, the fight is over, everybody's down and the cyborgs take off! Wow!

Still amazed by the music, especially the one during the Vegeta/C-18 fight, which I never really considered much (other new musics from this season moved me more), surprised me and I found it absolutely great for that scene!

I like the fact that they kept Trunks' pupils in his eyes as a Super Saiyan, it gives him a special touch and makes me think of the Burst Limit revamp of the Super Saiyan eyes. But I guess we won't see that anymore, so it doesn't matter much...

Anyway, Kai's speed is amazing to me, along with the nicely polished images and more importantly the new music (can't wait for OST N°3 as it surely will be the best)!
Surprised that they can change only half of the eyecatches too, but it's pretty cool.

Cowboy Dev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cowboy Dev » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm really excited to see how they handle this arc. My fondest memories come from this saga for this was when I got into the series through Toonami and fansub tapes.
A Dragon Ball/Urusei Yatsura crossover would be awesome.
Having Toshio Furukawa balance between Piccolo and Ataru would be hilarious.

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 am

So when is the new episode? :?
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:So when is the new episode? :?
August 1st. It was preempted this weekend.
-Rachel