Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:27 pm

23rd Budokai Tier List

Tier 1
Goku/Piccolo

Tier 2
Kami

Tier 3
Kami (Shen)

Tier 4
Tien

Tier 5
Goku (Sacred Water)
Piccolo Daimao (young)

Tier 6
Krillin
Yamcha

Tier 7
Cyborg Tao

Tier 8
Chi-Chi
Piccolo Daimao (old)
Yajirobe/Chiaotzu

Tier 9
Piccolo Daimao (<50%)

Tier 10
King Chappa
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:16 am

I should have used the word "supplementary material".
Anyways, if you look it this way, it makes perfect sense for SS3 to be 2x SS2 (for GOKU) :

- Fat buu was more than 2x SS2 gohan. Even if majin vegeta & goku have surpassd gohan, it is still pretty scary power. He was stronger than majin vegeta by good enough to only be a little hurt by his strongest attacks.

- Goku was a good bit stronger than fat buu, but not strong enough to incinerate him with one blast at LESS THAN HALF his power. Same for kid buu, but the roles are reversed.

- Original majin buu was strong, fat buu was formed when fat kaioshin decreased kid buu's power by a significant margin, but not like making him 1/3 or 1/4 of his orignial power.

I'm up for debate if anyone wants to, but please don't say it like "it is mentioned in this & than edition of this guidebook" etc. It kills the debate.
Anyways, moving forward, following is my new & refined list for DB.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:53 am

"Don't provide evidence from official sources; it kills the debate."

Dafuq is this?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 pm

DB hunt
21st TB
RRA encounter:
Fight with unknowns:
22nd TB
King piccolo arc:
23rd TB
Last edited by apex_pretador on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:28 am

How powerful does everyone think that alien champion who challenged Mr. Satan was? He was willing to take on someone who, as far as he knew, had defeated Beerus.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:41 am

Somewhat below old Piccolo Daimao
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:01 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:How powerful does everyone think that alien champion who challenged Mr. Satan was? He was willing to take on someone who, as far as he knew, had defeated Beerus.
Between nappa & vegeta
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:13 pm

I have him at 10.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:20 pm

I think Giran should be higher than Yamcha during the 21st Budokai. Goku w/o tail actually put effort into taking him down while Yamcha was made a fool of by Jackie Chun and Krillin (who was tailless Goku's equal) wasn't that far off from Chun.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:24 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I think Giran should be higher than Yamcha during the 21st Budokai. Goku w/o tail actually put effort into taking him down while Yamcha was made a fool of by Jackie Chun and Krillin (who was tailless Goku's equal) wasn't that far off from Chun.
Yamchaa was confident to win before knowing that goku is participating.
Also, in the RRA arc & baba's tournament, he was implied to be not much weaker than krillin.

Goku wasn't serious vs Giran, who only troubled him due to his gum attack. Giran gave up after seeing actual strength of goku. We know that goku holds back a lot in general against regular opponents. Giran also thought that breaking the wall was a big deal. However, i'll move giran up a bit, to above bacterian.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:14 pm

apex_pretador wrote:Goku wasn't serious vs Giran, who only troubled him due to his gum attack. Giran gave up after seeing actual strength of goku. We know that goku holds back a lot in general against regular opponents. Giran also thought that breaking the wall was a big deal. However, i'll move giran up a bit, to above bacterian.
Goku was serious... he had the upperhand but Giran was able to trade blows with him and was able to deal damage on him. Giran only admitted defeat after Goku's tail grew back.

Also, what in the RRA and Uranai Baba sagas suggests Yamcha and Krillin were even remotely close?
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:28 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:How powerful does everyone think that alien champion who challenged Mr. Satan was? He was willing to take on someone who, as far as he knew, had defeated Beerus.
Around Post Ki training Videl.(He was having a hard time hitting Satan)

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:37 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:Goku wasn't serious vs Giran, who only troubled him due to his gum attack. Giran gave up after seeing actual strength of goku. We know that goku holds back a lot in general against regular opponents. Giran also thought that breaking the wall was a big deal. However, i'll move giran up a bit, to above bacterian.
Goku was serious... he had the upperhand but Giran was able to trade blows with him and was able to deal damage on him. Giran only admitted defeat after Goku's tail grew back.

Also, what in the RRA and Uranai Baba sagas suggests Yamcha and Krillin were even remotely close?
It was shown in the next tournament how goku has different levels of going all out.
- He fought krillin, & agreed not to hold back.
- He then told krillin that he's going to go "even more all out"
- He fought tien at a higher power than when he fought krillin
- He then told tien that he's going to go "full power" now.

These are 4 levels of going all out. He also told krillin to not go all out on weak opponents, as it may risk killing them. Giran's strongest attack hurt goku only a little. Also, till this point in the series, weak people could hurt strong ones , like bulma hitting roshi.

On Yamcha vs krillin being close debate, they have never been leagues apart in the series, not till namek arc.
Yamcha was confident in being able to beat all 4 fighters of baba at once, seeing krillin lose, & knowing that they will get stronger only. In the next tournament, he didn't do very bad against tien, who was equal to goku's FULL POWER.

Also, if i'm not mistaken, at some point krillin himself says that yamcha is "nearly as good as him". Goku also called yamcha "super strong".
Yamcha was confident to win the tournament, before seeing goku there. This means he must've surpassed an average champion. He also seems to have a lot of knowledge. He must've become stronger than what he expeected to be competition at tournament.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:43 pm

apex_pretador wrote: It was shown in the next tournament how goku has different levels of going all out.
- He fought krillin, & agreed not to hold back.
- He then told krillin that he's going to go "even more all out"
- He fought Tenshinhan at a higher power than when he fought krillin
- He then told Tenshinhan that he's going to go "full power" now.

These are 4 levels of going all out. He also told krillin to not go all out on weak opponents, as it may risk killing them. Giran's strongest attack hurt goku only a little. Also, till this point in the series, weak people could hurt strong ones , like bulma hitting roshi.
I know... but my point is Goku wasn't holding back when he fought Giran and the latter kept with somewhat. Goku was simply stronger with his tail.

Goku's body is naturally resilient so it allows him to shrug off attacks that would otherwise do great harm to him with relative ease. Also those scenes of Bulma "hurting" Muten Roshi are gag scenes of little importance.
On Yamcha vs krillin being close debate, they have never been leagues apart in the series, not till namek arc.
Yamcha was confident in being able to beat all 4 fighters of baba at once, seeing krillin lose, & knowing that they will get stronger only. In the next tournament, he didn't do very bad against Tenshinhan, who was equal to goku's FULL POWER.
Krillin lost because he underestimated his opponent severely... and Yamcha fighting Tien was 3 years later which was after he trained under the Turtle School. Also, Tien was holding back against him... he was surprised at Yamcha's strength but he quickly gained the upper hand once he got a little serious and he didn't even use his true power.
Also, if i'm not mistaken, at some point krillin himself says that yamcha is "nearly as good as him". Goku also called yamcha "super strong".
Yamcha was confident to win the tournament, before seeing goku there. This means he must've surpassed an average champion. He also seems to have a lot of knowledge. He must've become stronger than what he expeected to be competition at tournament.
Yamcha was only "nearly as good as him" after training under the Turtle School... before then he was just a really strong guy and Goku was speaking in relative terms to when he fought him months earlier when he too was just a really strong guy. Back then he was impressive but in the 21st Budokai not so much...
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:35 pm

If I can weigh in for a moment. The "fight" between Goku and Giran consists of Giran tricking Goku with a "look over there" move and tail-slamming him into a wall, which Goku easily shrugs off. Goku proceeds to punch Giran in the gut, causing him to double over in pain, and throw him out of bounds. After Giran flies back in, we get to the "Guru Guru Gum" part of the fight, were Goku is thrown out of bounds, Kinto-Uns his way back in, is almost punched, before growing back his tail in the nick-of-time. He then proceeds to break the gum around him and kicks down a wall. Giran then forfeits. Within all of the flying, tail, and Guru Guru Gum shenanigans, Goku and Giran trade blows once. And the difference is obvious. Goku gets up, mildly irritated, and Giran is coughing and hacking.

I don't think you can really use Giran's and Yamcha's performances in their fights as a totally accurate comparison of their strength and skill. Goku and Roshi may be of about equal strength, but Roshi is more experienced, skilled, and is, frankly, a lot smarter than Goku. Whose to say that Yamcha wouldn't put up a better fight against Goku than he did against Roshi, or that he'd put up a better fight than Giran did?

Also, Giran is what I like to call a "gimmick fighter", aka: someone who is incapable of keeping up with the main characters in terms of straightforward ability and has to rely on tricks and gimmicks to stand a chance. Take away or work around the gimmick, and they fall easily. Giran tail slamming Goku and Goku barely taking damage, and Giran doubling over from one of Goku's punches is to show that Goku is superior to Giran in straightforward ability,which is cemented when Giran forfeits when Goku shows some of his true power.

I'm not saying that Yamcha has to be stronger than Giran, it's entirely possible that Giran is stronger. I just want to show that Giran doesn't have to be stronger than Yamcha, and that using circumstantial evidence shouldn't be used to show that Character A has to be stronger than Character B.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:19 pm

So how many times stronger you guys have Gohan over SSJ3 Goku in the Buu arc?

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Zombie wrote:So how many times stronger you guys have Gohan over SSJ3 Goku in the Buu arc?
I'd say 5 times (could be more though, depending on Gotenks). *This is using SEG multiplier for SSJ3 (assuming it applies to Gotenks)*
  • Goku (SSJ3): 24

Evil Boo: 80

Gotenks (SSJ1): 12
    Gotenks (SSJ3): 96

Ultimate Gohan: 120
Funny thing is I was gonna ask that very thing on this thread. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Darkron2151 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Zombie wrote:So how many times stronger you guys have Gohan over SSJ3 Goku in the Buu arc?
Upwards of 5x stronger. That's about the minimum with SS1 Gotenks (eventually) being a match for Fat Boo:

SS3 Goku: 10
SS Gotenks: 5
-- SS3 Gotenks: 40
Fat Boo: 5
-- Evil Boo: 40

Ultimate Gohan: 50
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm

Thousands of times stronger. I don't have any specific numbers, but when I do play around with numbers it usually ends up in the thousands range.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Kaboom wrote: Upwards of 5x stronger. That's about the minimum with SS1 Gotenks (eventually) being a match for Fat Boo:

SS3 Goku: 10
SS Gotenks: 5
-- SS3 Gotenks: 40
Fat Boo: 5
-- Evil Boo: 40

Ultimate Gohan: 50
@Kaboom, what are your thoughts on the levels/gaps of the Children (Goten & Trunks) in relation to the Adults (Vegeta, Goku, Gohan) and even Piccolo?