Dragonball Kai Part 3 Cover

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Kai Part 3 Cover

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:44 pm

I can only imagine the spacing on that if he had four fingers like in the manga lol

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Oh c'mon guys, Piccolo obviously got a nail job for the cover. He's a celebrity now, you know. :P

He DOES look weird though. The art is good and bad at the same time. o.O

Anyways, I need to start getting my hands on these sets. Don't want them to star going out of print like their Dragon Box brothers.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Wait wait wait wait wait. That reminds me, Piccolo should have 4 fingers on there, shouldn't he?
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

ohaimynameiserik
Regular

Post by ohaimynameiserik » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Great Saiyaman I wrote:Wait wait wait wait wait. That reminds me, Piccolo should have 4 fingers on there, shouldn't he?
Well I agree with you that he should, seeing as that's how he appears in the manga and is how Toriyama intended.

However, in the anime he has 5 fingers. So on a cover for a DVD box set, he has 5.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 am

Treklin wrote:Can someone upload the part 3 trailer to youtube?
There we go. Only took me a week to figure out how to do it. LOL

1st on Youtube for fans outside US: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz_MplGA5hU

Treklin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Treklin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am

thank you craddle...

same music ... a bit dissapointing trailer for part 3 ... hope they dont use in each trailer this music

part 4 with freeza can come, now!
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Please, Kami. Please, please, please, PLEASE...let #4 have Freeza on the cover and not Super Saiyan Goku...

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:51 pm

batistabus wrote:Please, Kami. Please, please, please, PLEASE...let #4 have Freeza on the cover and not Super Saiyan Goku...
What epsidoe does Goku go Super Saiyan? I'm sure there is plenty of time to put Frieza on a cover before then. Do you think the cover color would be Pink or a lightish Purple color?

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Part 4 should cover 40-52, which is all but the last two episodes of the Freeza set...unless they decide to make Part 4 end the Freeza stuff, then 40-54.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:00 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:What epsidoe does Goku go Super Saiyan? I'm sure there is plenty of time to put Freeza on a cover before then. Do you think the cover color would be Pink or a lightish Purple color?
Episode 47.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 pm

I could see them using Frieza for the next one since it would sort of be the last chance to and since the whole next set would be SS Goku fighting, they would use it then.......as a Yellow cover? [then they could save orange for down the road.]

Which brings up an interesting thought: What color will the cover with Cell on it be since we have a green one already? A lighter/darker shade of Green?

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:What epsidoe does Goku go Super Saiyan? I'm sure there is plenty of time to put Freeza on a cover before then. Do you think the cover color would be Pink or a lightish Purple color?
Episode 47.
Oh, that's right. Then I want the Ginyu Force on the next one and Freeza on the one after that.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:57 pm

batistabus wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Episode 47.
Oh, that's right. Then I want the Ginyu Force on the next one and Freeza on the one after that.
Your best bet would be Ginyu, but I'm sure they would skip him and go to Frieza and then Goku. But If they did, I see the colors being Purple, Pink, then Yellow.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:39 pm

batistabus wrote:Oh, that's right. Then I want the Ginyu Force on the next one and Freeza on the one after that.
Since set 3 should cover upto episode 39, the Ginyu Force is already long gone by the start of Part Four. I figure that we'll get Freeza for part 4, which takes us practically to the end of Namek. It wouldn't surprise me if they slipped episode 53 into is so that we get the destruction of Namek, and start Part Five with everyone being revived in 54. Anyway, Part Five would cover Mecha Freeza to Vegeta vs. 18. Trunks for the cover perhaps?

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
batistabus wrote:Oh, that's right. Then I want the Ginyu Force on the next one and Freeza on the one after that.
Since set 3 should cover upto episode 39, the Ginyu Force is already long gone by the start of Part Four. I figure that we'll get Freeza for part 4, which takes us practically to the end of Namek. It wouldn't surprise me if they slipped episode 53 into is so that we get the destruction of Namek, and start Part Five with everyone being revived in 54. Anyway, Part Five would cover Mecha Freeza to Vegeta vs. 18. Trunks for the cover perhaps?
What episode does Namek explode? I'm plenty sure they wouldn't skip the chance to put SS Goku on the cover.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:07 pm

According to Kanzentai, Namek explodes in episode 53.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
They wouldn't want to skip SSJ Goku for the cover. I think SSJ Goku is the one who's going to be on the cover instead of Freeza.
Part 4 covers episode 40 through episode 52 and the Freeza arc ends in episode 54. They only cover 13 episodes per set.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:28 pm

So is there room or not to have a Frieza cover AND an SS Goku cover?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:30 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:So is there room or not to have a Freeza cover AND an SS Goku cover?
Well, They could put SSJ Goku on part 5 but that's going to be a little weird because it only covers 2 episodes of the Freeza arc. So I suspected SSJ Goku is going to be on part 4.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:37 pm

The timing really sucks for these two. Frieza is a MAJOR villian but SS Goku was a huge deal too.