Kai Episode 74 (26 September 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 74 (26 September 2010)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Adamant wrote:He was there when Piccolo took off with 16, 17 and 18, so he's supposed to still be there.
Maybe he's in the bathroom.
It's like that in the manga too but for even longer. In the anime it seems sporadic. They'll follow the manga. Then they'll put him back in there. Then Chaozu's suddenly there for some reason (although I do like the moment when Yamucha tells Chaozu that they need to join in as well... sigh, that would have been interesting). But, yeah, I've always joked he must have really had to go to the bathroom.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:04 am

Hujio wrote:
Adamant wrote:Those 5 minutes of pure filler at the end seemed incredibly unnecessary.
My theory about this is the shear difference in quality between the two episodes that make up this episode. At that point, it's the cutoff between Z episodes 150 and 151. The animation quality of 151 is just horrible. I just got done going through it, and there's such a huge difference between the two, it'd be so painfully obvious if they would've just continued on with No. 17 versus Cell. It really would have taken anyone watching out of the moment. On top of that, there wasn't much time left at that point, so they may not have been able to fit much else in there. And if that's the case, then it's actually pretty funny that they used filler, well, as filler. :P
So true, I was going to say that. The difference in quality is so painfully obvious, this is one of the worst animations throughout all of dragonball. I mean, look at Cell when he's walking towards 17, I'd say that is a completely different monster if it wasn't painted green. Couldn't they tell how bad it looked during production ? On the other hand, I don't seem to recall these differences in animation quality the first time I saw Dragon Ball, so...yeah

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:59 am

Kai's track record with pacing has been solid with a few exceptions, this episode and one of Goku vs. Freeza's episodes, felt a tad to much like Z for my liking. Like others have mentioned, this episode had that "nothing really happened" feeling to it. I hope this will not happen too many more times through Kai's run.