The Goku Appreciation Thread!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShiningMoon
Beyond Newbie

Re: The Goku Appreciation Thread!

Post by ShiningMoon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 pm

ThunderPX wrote:
Cipher wrote:What's a "Goku"?
Wow. This + that avatar = I just woke up the entire house laughing.
Oh good, so it wasn't just me!

When I first got into DB, I didn't care about Goku that much one way or the other. Now he's one of my favorites -- and I think it's actually because I realized he has those previously mentioned character flaws. He's not just some "perfect superhero guy" (like I originally believed, being as I was introduced to DBZ via the dub...). He's a unique character with his own motives and priorities.
Also, as I think has been agreed upon by now, he is so much fun. X3 Goodness, his stuff with Vegeta in the Buu arc. (And in the Jump special. Bahaha.)

Son_Goku

Post by Son_Goku » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 pm

People criticize Goku?...O_o. I don't see how that's possible. I absolutely love Goku; he's like my role model. Granted, over the years, I realized the Goku I grew admiring was his childish form back in Dragonball. He doesn't have much of a personality in Dragonball Z. Anyway. I love how blunt and naive he is, and yet despite that, can be serious when its needed. He's the very definition of a hero, and modesty is his best trait. He was always strong, and eventually becomes the strongest being in existence, and yet never boasts about his power. Despite his strength, he wouldn't even hurt a fly...unless that fly somehow managed to hurt his loved ones :lol: I see a lot of myself in him, and sometimes I even ask myself..."What would Goku do?"

Cheesy I know, but that's how much of an impact he's had on me. Hell, look at my username for crying out loud.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Ahiru77 wrote: So just to clear things out....Which one is the Goku ?:
A...............B................C................D.................E..................

This made me laugh way too much..
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Budogenkai wrote:
A...............B................C................D.................E..................

Agreed. X3

"Goku A" is forever going to remind me of the TFS episode with where he lets out that squeal. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 pm

What's there not to love about Goku? He's a child at heart always and forever and that's the number one reason I love the big guy!

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Budogenkai wrote:

Agreed. X3

"Goku A" is forever going to remind me of the TFS episode with where he lets out that squeal. XD
What's so funny about that pic?
Last edited by Goku100xKamehameha on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Goku100xKamehameha wrote: What's so funny about the pic?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxoT3A4qgRo starting at around 6:20.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Budogenkai wrote:

Agreed. X3

Goku B reminds me of the brother I heard he had. I know it's true, a guy on the Internet told me.
Last edited by Great Saiyaman I on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Like others have said, I've always liked Son Goku because he's a unique character in that he's not the typical superhero guy that can do no wrong. I admire the fact that he's always a cheerful kid at heart, is always optimistic about everything and pushes himself to become a greater martial artist. Also, check out the guy's do! :P
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

ssjangel

Post by ssjangel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:42 am

I love Goku. :)
Come on, he's in DB from the very start.

The one thing that I like about him the most is that he can bring the best out of people. When you watch him on TV, you can't help but smile.