U.S./Japanese DBZ2 differences

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

U.S./Japanese DBZ2 differences

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:11 am

I just bought a copy of DBZ2 for my Japanese PS2. I notice a couple things:

1. Adult Gohan has a Saiyaman costume. Was this in the US version?

2. At the capsule shop: You sometimes see Bulma wearing the "Playboy Bunny" outfit from the beginning of DB... I could swear I never saw that in the US version!

Let me know what you think...

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:18 am

No difference... Adult Gohan has the Helmetless Saiyaman costume, and Bulma has the playboy bunny outfit in the shop.... well.... in the Australian version at least (And we did have US voices in B2)...

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:47 pm

Yes, Bulma has the bunny outfit in the shop in the US version, I saw it...

for a good time indeed.... >.> <.<

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:00 pm

Yes, Gohan does have the saiyaman costume. What pisses me off is that it is not in Budokai 3.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:15 pm

Mike D wrote:What pisses me off is that it is not in Budokai 3.
Agreed. Pretty much everyone else gets a third costume, yet Gohan loses his!

Corvus Moore

Post by Corvus Moore » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:00 am

I just wish they would include some of the casual outfits they had in Budokai 1,particulary for Goku and Vegeta,gave more variety than just gis and different saiyen armours.

supreme kai

Post by supreme kai » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:06 pm

why would he even need the third costume when the saiyaman is a character? there would be no point

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:09 pm

supreme kai wrote:why would he even need the third costume when the saiyaman is a character? there would be no point
Images are not allowed in sigs. Type properly. You may want to re-read the forum rules.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

supreme kai

Post by supreme kai » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:21 pm

allright, sorry, i will remove the sig.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:25 pm

supreme kai wrote:allright, sorry, i will remove the sig.
And now if you don't type properly, you're going to be banned. You've been warned three times.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

supreme kai

Post by supreme kai » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:31 pm

Alright, I did not see anything wrong with the way I typed before and I do not need English lessons, I am not disadvantaged in any way, so If you could do so please point out where I have typed wrongly, And I put this text through spell check so please do not criticise me again for no reason whatsoever

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:32 pm

supreme kai wrote:Alright, I did not see anything wrong with the way I typed before and I do not need English lessons, I am not disadvantaged in any way, so If you could do so please point out where I have typed wrongly, And I put this text through spell check so please do not criticise me again for no reason whatsoever
Capitalization, punctuation, run-on sentences...

This isn't your average DragonBall message board. All members are expected to hold themselves up to a certain standard.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:54 pm

supreme kai wrote:why would he even need the third costume when the saiyaman is a character? there would be no point
Because everyone loves a bit of variation. =D

Corvus Moore

Post by Corvus Moore » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:08 pm

Not just that,while we do have Saiyaman he plays very different to Gohan,having Gohans 3rd costume be in the saiyaman outfit we get to use a Great Saiyaman with all the power of Gohan instead of the close combat moves.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:09 pm

Corvus Moore wrote:Not just that,while we do have Saiyaman he plays very different to Gohan,having Gohans 3rd costume be in the saiyaman outfit we get to use a Great Saiyaman with all the power of Gohan instead of the close combat moves.
Type well, please. That's a pretty incoherent run-on sentence. Thanks. *scoots off*