Why didn't the Boo saga get a special?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Why didn't the Boo saga get a special?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:42 am

The Saiyan/Freeza saga got one with the Bardock special and the Androids saga got one with the Trunks special, so why do you think the Boo saga didn't get a special?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why didnt the Boo saga get a speacial?

Post by B » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:12 am

No reason for it, I guess? I doubt it was planned to have just one special each major arc. I guess it should also be noted the Trunks special was in the manga, and if Toriyama hadn't of called it a "special chapter," it probably would have been an episode of the show.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:21 am

Yeah I guess your're right but Bardock was only seen in I believe one panel of the manga and he got a speacial. Dai Kaioshin was shown in a single panel aswell and all we got was a flashback seen in the anime.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:24 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Yeah I guess your're right but Bardock was only seen in I believe one panel of the manga and he got a speacial. Dai Kaioshin was shown in a single panel aswell and all we got was a flashback seen in the anime.
Technically Bardock got a special and THEN Toriyama featured him in two panels of the manga, so the comparison falls apart.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:33 am

I guess a special about the Kaioshins and their defeat against Boo would be great, but again, we got some filler that did that.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 am

Same reason why all other arcs except those two/three didn't have one.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:22 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:The Saiyan/Freeza saga got one with the Bardock speacial and the Androids saga got one with the Trunks speacial. So why do you think the Boo saga didnt get one?
Have you not seen the "Heya!! The Return of Son Goku & Friends!" special?
14 years later

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm

He's asking why the Buu arc didn't get a special while it was still airing, I'd assume. And the Returns special doesn't take place during the Buu arc, either...

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why didn't the Boo saga get a special?

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:33 pm

And I would technically call that a movie. It's certainly not a TV special at least.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:25 pm

I think a Boo origin story would be cool. Bibidi creating him, Destruction and war, his transformation to Fat Boo, and his eventual sealing would be great.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

The Doc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Doc » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:08 am

I've always wondered the same thing. Seriously, I would LOVE to see a special that delves into the history of Majin Buu, from when Bibidi came to be and created Kid Buu, to when he seals Majin Buu into his cocoon. Just as Bardock showed as the lost history of Goku before coming to Earth, and just as History of Trunks showed us Trunks' lost history before he traveled to the past. Even if it is just an extended, hour long version of that episode with all the Kaioshins, it would still be AWESOME to see.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:35 pm

I thought the 2008 Jump Special was a special to the Buu saga? I mean it did took place two years after Buu was destroyed after.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I thought the 2008 Jump Special was a special to the Buu saga? I mean it did took place two years after Buu was destroyed after.
Yeah thats the thing, it happened after Boo and didnt have anything to do with him. To a point it could be viewed as a late extension of the Freeza arc.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 am

A Majin Boo origin special would be pretty neat, or maybe one centered around Kaioshin. Maybe they didn't put forth the effort because the plot in that arc was so fucking all over the place.