"ZENKAI Battle Royale" needs to come to the consoles

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

"ZENKAI Battle Royale" needs to come to the consoles

Post by Bardo117 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Can you guys imagine playing that type of game on a console? It would be amazing. Game looks pretty fresh.

If it ever gets released in the states, they better release it on the Ps3/360.
El Conejo Malo

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Re: Zenkai Battle Royal needs to come to the consoles.

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Those graphics looks crazy real, like if it weren't an anime or something.

I'd love to see it play out on consoles.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Looks all right, I guess. The animation looks pretty stiff though.
Looks pretty much like a Spike game, + effort.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 pm

I think it might get ported to the PS3 and 360 depending how well the game goes in Japan. Look at Super DBZ for example.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 pm

LeprikanGT wrote: I'd love to see it play out on consoles.
Me too. The graphics look amazing and if the game is really made by Spike, the fighting engine will rock.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Bandai has actually ported a bunch of their Gundam arcade games to PSP. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up on the upcomming handhelds.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:40 am

Namco Bandai makes arcade games using a board based on the PlayStation 3 called System 357 (Ignore the Zenkai Battle Royale llisting on that article unless it's specifically confirmed somewhere else). If Zenkai Battle Royale uses this board that'd probably be good news for those wishing for a home console port.

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:25 am

Darn, I was kind of hoping this was the game they had planned for the 3DS... Imagine that with all the stuff happening in the background and foreground, though. My first impression is that the graphics look like the first Budokai with more detail; pretty cool I must say.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: "ZENKAI Battle Royale" needs to come to the consoles

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 pm

What was the reason that Super DBZ got a console port in the first place? Was it just Polularity? What ever the case may be if Zenkai Battle Royal falls under the same circumstances then we will most likely see a console port. But then again Ryo Mito or whatever his name is was already showing signs of Raging Blast 3, so even if this was to get a home version then we might not see it until some where around 2013 at the latest.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Super DragonBall Z ran Namco's System 246 arcade hardware, which is very similar to the PlayStation 2 hardware itself, making it a relatively easy port.

Also, it was a traditional fighting game in the modern era. To not release a home port would have been silly.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:31 pm

I think we'll need some more info about the game and how it plays, what the control scheme is etc. before we know whether a console port would even be viable.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:12 pm

I hope it has a deep character roster.
El Conejo Malo

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Raging Blast 2 roster is needed.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Is this that arcade game that looks kinda chibi-fied? If so, I'd love to see it as DSi-ware or the like.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Is this that arcade game that looks kinda chibi-fied? If so, I'd love to see it as DSi-ware or the like.
No, that's "Ultimate Butōden". This is an arcade game.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:49 pm

I want to know how it plays before I go ga-ga over this game. I'll admit, that first glimpse really got me excited. The game is no Ninja Storm 2 in terms of what I want the graphics to be, but the game still looks nice. It's a style that works well and the background and character models blend a lot better than they do in Raging Blast 2. I hope the game play is comparable to Super DBZ than anything else, I know it looks like it might be a Sparking clone but at the same time it looks like there is something different compared to that series.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am

I would definitely play this if it came to consoles. It looks superb.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:22 am

Even if it comes to consoles, unless it introduces something completely new, I'm not buying it. Hearing that this game will play like Raging Blast, really disappoints me.
El Conejo Malo

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Bardo117 wrote:Even if it comes to consoles, unless it introduces something completely new, I'm not buying it. Hearing that this game will play like Raging Blast, really disappoints me.
The four-player dynamic isn't new enough for you? It looks far beyond what even Tag Vs. did. All in all, the short video we've gotten so far has shown characters doing plenty of things they could never do in the Sparking! and Raging Blast series.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:49 am

Cipher wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:Even if it comes to consoles, unless it introduces something completely new, I'm not buying it. Hearing that this game will play like Raging Blast, really disappoints me.
The four-player dynamic isn't new enough for you? It looks far beyond what even Tag Vs. did. All in all, the short video we've gotten so far has shown characters doing plenty of things they could never do in the Sparking! and Raging Blast series.
That still doesn't seem like enough of a change. They need something drastic to happen.
El Conejo Malo