"Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle (Royale)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Re: 'Dragonball: Zenkai Battle Royale' Discussion - [News-26/11]

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 pm

I think they just mean the arcade cabinet won't. If there is a console port(which there probably will be), then it is more than likely coming out here.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:11 am

Big Momma wrote:I really hope this comes to consoles. I'll shell out for an Arcade Cabinet if I have to.
That's hardcore. :shock:

Seriously though, Namco Bandai will. It will take some time, but in the end they'll do it for the money.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:34 pm

I rather have this come out Q4 2011 then RB3 to be honset.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 pm

If this game gets ported, I guarantee you that it won't be any time soon. Why would the publishers shoot themselves in the foot by releasing a console version that would directly compete with the arcade version? They need to have some exclusivity to make the arcade version appealing. If it gets ported, it won't be till a while after the sales of the arcade version has died down.

Does anybody have some figures on the release date of Super DBZ Arcade and the console port?

EDIT:
Wikipedia wrote:[Super Dragon Ball Z] was originally released in Japanese (December 22, 2005) and European (2006) arcades running on System 246 hardware, and later for the PlayStation 2 (Japan: June 29, 2006; US, July 18, 2006; AU, July 28, 2006).
So there is a possibility that it won't be too long after the arcade release. :D

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:If this game gets ported, I guarantee you that it won't be any time soon. Why would the publishers shoot themselves in the foot by releasing a console version that would directly compete with the arcade version? They need to have some exclusivity to make the arcade version appealing. If it gets ported, it won't be till a while after the sales of the arcade version has died down.

Does anybody have some figures on the release date of Super DBZ Arcade and the console port?

EDIT:
Wikipedia wrote:[Super Dragon Ball Z] was originally released in Japanese (December 22, 2005) and European (2006) arcades running on System 246 hardware, and later for the PlayStation 2 (Japan: June 29, 2006; US, July 18, 2006; AU, July 28, 2006).
So there is a possibility that it won't be too long after the arcade release. :D
I'd give it six months. Street Fighter 4 was exclusive to the arcade for about 7 months, while Tekken 6(Bloodline Rebellion;the one used for consoles) stayed exclusive for 10 months. With this information plus the information you posted, I'd say it won't be long until we see this game on home consoles. When you think about it, Bandai is going to want to get as much money as possible, and while arcades may still be popular in Japan, there best way to see bigger profits would be to put Zenkai Battle Royale on consoles and make it available for everyone.

I really think this game will replace Raging Blast for home consoles. Given Raging Blast's terrible sales I'd imagine Namco-Bandai is trying to find a new way to make a profit. If you think about it, this game lines up perfectly. It is set to release in April, and if we go by the current arcade to console trends, the port would land some time between November and December. They would see revenue from the Arcade, PS3 and 360.

If you want my personal opinion. Namco-Bandai seems desperate. Throwing in a "new" animation for the last game and now pulling the arcade to console stunt really shows they aren't coming up strong with this title. If this game flops, we might see the end of console based Dragonball games for a while.

All of this is my personal speculation, so until Namco-Bandai says something we have no choice but sit back and let the news unfold.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:28 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote: I really think this game will replace Raging Blast for home consoles. Given Raging Blast's terrible sales I'd imagine Namco-Bandai is trying to find a new way to make a profit. If you think about it, this game lines up perfectly. It is set to release in April, and if we go by the current arcade to console trends, the port would land some time between November and December. They would see revenue from the Arcade, PS3 and 360.

If you want my personal opinion. Namco-Bandai seems desperate. Throwing in a "new" animation for the last game and now pulling the arcade to console stunt really shows they aren't coming up strong with this title. If this game flops, we might see the end of console based Dragonball games for a while.
The Raging Blast series doesn't sell poorly enough to be dropped. RB2 sold 10,000 less than RB1 in the first week in Japan, but it still made #2 in the top 10. They'll still make RB3 for better or for worse.

And lets face it, as long as Japan gets games, we'll get them here too. Relatively speaking, it's got to be cheap to localize a Dragon Ball game.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote: I really think this game will replace Raging Blast for home consoles. Given Raging Blast's terrible sales I'd imagine Namco-Bandai is trying to find a new way to make a profit. If you think about it, this game lines up perfectly. It is set to release in April, and if we go by the current arcade to console trends, the port would land some time between November and December. They would see revenue from the Arcade, PS3 and 360.

The Raging Blast series doesn't sell poorly enough to be dropped. RB2 sold 10,000 less than RB1 in the first week in Japan, but it still made #2 in the top 10. They'll still make RB3 for better or for worse.

And lets face it, as long as Japan gets games, we'll get them here too. Relatively speaking, it's got to be cheap to localize a Dragon Ball game.
I have mixed feelings on the fate of Raging Blast. On one hand, you are probably right, we'll probably see RB3 next year followed by Zenkai Battle Royale a few months later. However, for some reason my gut is telling me Raging Blast 2 was the last in the series and this is going to be the replacement series. I don't know, chances are I'm totally wrong, but you never know. I am, however, almost positive this game will reach state side. At least, I'm hoping for it. I'm also hoping we'll see a new fighting style that's influenced by Sparking but has a traditional fighting feel to it.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:50 pm

The Raging Blast games are probably really cheap to make, otherwise there shouldn't have been a RB2 as it cratered when compared to the game that came before it (on a worldwide scale).
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_KoSAvkKBI

Yeah, this is definitely a reskinned Gundam game. Not that this is a bad thing.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Kikuchi's music?? :mrgreen:

Oh, and what Gundam game is this based off of?
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 pm

I want to know more about the customize mode, personally...
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:07 pm

The customization options are: Costume, ...[I can't read this one. Sorry.], and Emblem.

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:27 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:Kikuchi's music?? :mrgreen:

Oh, and what Gundam game is this based off of?
There's a whole series of Gundam "Vs." games in Japanese arcades. Federation Vs. Zeon, Rengou Vs. ZAFT, Gundam vs. Gundam, etc. Look up any of those on Youtube and you'll get an idea of how they play.

And the other customization option is "Title". I'm assuming it's like SF4, where you have a selection of titles to use next to your screenname to represent your play style, favorite character, etc.

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:20 pm

The presentation of this game is amazing.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

This game looks kinda interesting. Sadly, the graphics are a deterrent for me(not that I could play if I really wanted to anyway).

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:36 pm

m121akuma wrote:There's a whole series of Gundam "Vs." games in Japanese arcades. Federation Vs. Zeon, Rengou Vs. ZAFT, Gundam vs. Gundam, etc. Look up any of those on Youtube and you'll get an idea of how they play.
Wow...! You're right! Even the random songs from the show aspect is carried over from the Gundam games. So, Capcom made Zenkai Battle Royale? Yay for having someone new! :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Wow, there is a bit of a Gundam v. Zeta Gundam feel to it (still have my copy!)...too bad we probably won't have the same sort of story mode (missions that branch off into alternate reality). >_<

...now I feel like playing Gundam v. Zeta Gundam...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm

O', how arcade games have evolved.

ZBR doesn't look much like the Tenkaichi series and I haven't played any of those Gundam games, so it'll be all new to me. I'm dissapointed that Kikuchi's score is in the game, though. I was hoping for Yamamoto's Kai score or just something that fits with the game's modern graphics.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 pm

This game has won over my heart. I looks fun. I really REALLY hope it comes over stateside.
Last edited by SparkyPantsMcGee on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:09 pm

I don't want to be that guy but I hope they expand the roster a tad if this game does get released on a home console. It seems like they're adding some neat features in this game and I'd like to see how a few others DBZ characters work into the system.