Possibly useless Atari info

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Possibly useless Atari info

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:52 pm

Anime Insider claimed that Atari will produce 5 games in 2005.

PS2/Gamecube/X-Box: DBZ Sagas (March)

GBA: DBGT: Transformation (summer)
-A Legacy of Goku game "with a GT twist." (ends after Bebi, maybe?)

Info for other 3 games: "DBZ and DBGT games will be making return engagements to the PS2 and GBA later this year."
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Well, whatever those other 3 games are, I bet we'll know come E3. Hopefully a DB or DBGT Budokai!!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:18 pm

Hopefully a Dragonball Video Game Collection spanning from Famicom - PS1...

Yea, Iam aware this will NEVER EVER happen...but you gotta admit it would be awsome.
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:37 pm

Indeed, but it could a possible release of DBZ Legends to the US on the PS2, then again doubt it. Yeah I kinda agree with it being a possible DBGT Budokai .

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:51 pm

Tanooki! That DB Compilation idea would rock! Doing something like MegaMan Anniversary Collection would be great! Including stuff from Famicom, Super Famicom, MegaDrive, Saturn, Gameboy, etc... I would LOVE that!!! It's still DB's Anniversary, bust it out Atari! ^_^

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:52 am

Tanooki! That DB Compilation idea would rock! Doing something like MegaMan Anniversary Collection would be great! Including stuff from Famicom, Super Famicom, MegaDrive, Saturn, Gameboy, etc... I would LOVE that!!! It's still DB's Anniversary, bust it out Atari! ^_^
Hey, do you think this would be the type of idea that a pention could help bring to life?

Just for no reason at all here is how I'd set it up...

Title: "Dragonball Video Game Aniversary Collection"
Number Of Disc: 2

Disc 1: Games From Famicom, Super Famicom, Mega Drive & Game Boy
Disc 2: Games From PS1, Saturn & PlayDia (Basiclly any game that was on a CD)

Special Pre Order Disc: Contains all the Handheld LCD Games from 1987 - 2000

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:40 am

A petition you mean? Doubt it, those online ones rarely do anything. It has more impact if you have a thousand sheets of paper with you and deliver them into the hands of the boss of the company yourself. XD

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:36 pm

They wouldn't do PS1 games since PS1 is not a "dead" system. They still sell games for it... the others I could see them doing. Doubt it'll happen...EVER... But we can dream.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:38 pm

I would kiss Atari if they would release such a compilation disc.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:02 am

SonGokuGT wrote:Tanooki! That DB Compilation idea would rock! Doing something like MegaMan Anniversary Collection would be great! Including stuff from Famicom, Super Famicom, MegaDrive, Saturn, Gameboy, etc... I would LOVE that!!! It's still DB's Anniversary, bust it out Atari! ^_^
Except, unlike the Rockman series, most of the Dragonball games suck.

Really badly, funnily enough.
... Maybe later.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:13 pm

If anything Atari should release the "Legend of the Super Saiyan", "Hyper Dimension" and that game where you fought with a "rock, paper, scissors" method. All of these games were for the Super Famicom.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:58 pm

Mike D wrote:If anything Atari should release the "Legend of the Super Saiyan", "Hyper Dimension" and that game where you fought with a "rock, paper, scissors" method. All of these games were for the Super Famicom.
I think Legends should be on the list as well.

Corvus Moore

Post by Corvus Moore » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:51 am

Hmm the Gokuden titles...yea they were alright,hyper dimensions was defintely the highlight of the Super Nintendos DBZ titles..but oddly Legend of the Super Saiyen is a style of game only tried three times for DBZ,once on the NES,on the SNES and its final incarnation upon the GBC.

Ryuujin

Post by Ryuujin » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:50 pm

Actually, there were FOUR NES DBZ RPGs using the card system you've seen in Legend of the Super Saiya-jin for SNES. The last two came out after the SNES game, and altered the card system somewhat to have various effects based on an icon on one corner, such as healing, freezing enemies, changing your cards, etc. Basically a random replacement for the item cards of the first 2 NES and first SNES DBZ RPG. The final NES RPG was an original story (no levels this time, HP, possibly number of cards per turn rises after you fight some battles and I assume this makes you stronger too), and introduced a sort of 'combo card' system where you selected at first 3 cards (eventually rising to 8) and the character would do a series of attacks such as a flurry of attacks, throw, teleport behind/elbow smash, teleport behind/elbow smash, charge up, and fire a small ki blast. Each character had a bunch of 'mega ki attacks' usable by selecting the proper order of card kanjis (they flashed to help you pick out which ones worked with the card order you had so far). A fan translation is planned for this one (DBZ Gaiden: The Plan to Destroy the Saiya-jins...yes, it's the NES game the Playdia choose-your-own-adventure/"Dragon's Lair"-style game is based on, though from what I know the NES game has better gameplay). The first NES RPG has been fan translated and the second is in the works. Third is probably going to be done by the same person once the second is done.

I've played some of the first NES RPG fan translation. It's got a LOT of necessary training to make your characters strong enough. Pretty old school. Though there are minigames (two card matching games with BP gains based off your level, one split form fighting that split 1 (you) must win to gain BP based off your level...I know, doesn't make sense but I guess the designers wanted to challenge you) if you get bored with fighting enemies. I really hate the fact that the fan translator dubified Tenshinhan (Tien? Ugh! Tri-Beam? NO NO NO!) but stayed away from the dub for all the other characters and the dialogue. I know he didn't have enough space for Tenshinhan, but Tri-Beam is more space taking than Kikoho is!