Nintendo DS

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

naked snake
Banned

Nintendo DS

Post by naked snake » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:42 pm

[ snipped post asking for further information on any possible DBZ game releases on Nintendo's DS ]

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:04 pm

There was a game announced, but nothing's been said.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:18 pm

There's also Jump Super Stars, which has at least Goku and Vegeta (and Gohan?) as playable characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:07 pm

Watch the grammar in this thread, please. Remember where you are. Thanks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Heritic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Heritic » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:19 pm

Adamant wrote:There's also Jump Super Stars, which has at least Goku and Vegeta (and Gohan?) as playable characters.
Yes, Jump Super Stars looks interesting. Has there been any word about it coming to America? If it is, I would definitely buy a DS just to play it.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:37 pm

Don't forget that the DS is region-free. It wouldn't be hard to import it if you really wanted to. Doesn't seem like a terribly text-heavy game, either, so the language barrier might not even be an issue.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:19 pm

Heritic wrote:
Adamant wrote:There's also Jump Super Stars, which has at least Goku and Vegeta (and Gohan?) as playable characters.
Yes, Jump Super Stars looks interesting. Has there been any word about it coming to America? If it is, I would definitely buy a DS just to play it.
Doesn't Jump Super Stars have characters that aren't in America's Shonen Jump? If Jump Super Stars came to America then it would need to be modified.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:03 pm

Ugh...I was looking forward to getting Jump, but I wouldn't want to play it in Japanese. Even though it isn't a really text-heavy game, I get confused with just the slightest text and I end up giving up before the game starts. I like to actually know what I'm playing.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:03 am

Ugh...I was looking forward to getting Jump, but I wouldn't want to play it in Japanese. Even though it isn't a really text-heavy game, I get confused with just the slightest text and I end up giving up before the game starts. I like to actually know what I'm playing.
Thats understandable, I always enjoyed games in my own language. In the Anime community though if you don't like to read subtitles or don't like to play imort games, they usually shun you... :cry:

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Thats understandable, I always enjoyed games in my own language. In the Anime community though if you don't like to read subtitles or don't like to play imort games, they usually shun you... :cry:
OMG j00 Don leik the subs?!??!!!! j00 stupid dubby biatch!!! HEIL NIPPON HEIL NIPPON!

Seriously though, those people need to go ahead and kill themselves.

What you said is the same with me. If I'm playing a game, I'd really like to read able to read the text.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:37 am

Rocketman wrote:OMG j00 Don leik the subs?!??!!!! j00 stupid dubby biatch!!! HEIL NIPPON HEIL NIPPON!
Yes, heil nippon. I think I crapped myself when I read that.
Seriously though, those people need to go ahead and kill themselves.

What you said is the same with me. If I'm playing a game, I'd really like to read able to read the text.
You are not lying. Things run a lot smoother when you know what is being said instead of having to look words up. I just want to know if characters that are only in the Weekly Shonen Jump going to be playable in the American version. Most people won't know who they are.