Kai Episode 92 (06 February 2011)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Kai Episode 92 (6th February 2011)

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:47 am

Snail wrote:
Michsi wrote:
It's one of the reasons why I'm actually happy they didn't redo Dragon Ball Z from scratch. Aside from the character desings they use now, the animation would've have been cheap.
I've seen the new special that came out for Raging blast 2 and frankly speaking, ugh.....
QFT. That special for Raging Blast 2 was lazy, and uninspired. Just..no.
It's still better than most of DBZ's crappy art....

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:51 am

There were several different teams and directors that worked on the series. I agree that it's a lot more bearable than a few of the teams that worked on the animation, but there are three styles that come to mind, of which are leaps and bounds better than the production of 'Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans - Redux'.

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:24 am

Agreed man. The new art is so ugly. Someone posted the new eyecatchers in this thread

God. The characters look laminated and just look how they've drawn Gohan's face.. It looks atrocious.
You'd think that after fifteen years Toei would improve but they somehow managed to make the art uglier :?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 am

sbk wrote:Agreed man. The new art is so ugly. Someone posted the new eyecatchers in this thread
*snip*
God. The characters look laminated and just look how they've drawn Gohan's face :? It looks atrocious..
The one drew that is Naoyoshi Yamamuro, who was the animation supervisor in DBZ episode 185 and all of the Z movies after the first Broly one. I wonder what made his style worse. :(

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Not all of the eyecatches look like that (not that I think it looks espicially bad or anything). He probably drew it himself with next to no notice before the deadline. Notice these all look quite good.

Yamamuro was the only top animator on Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans. Heya! Son Gokû and Friends Return!! had Yamamuro, Ide, Tate, Ebisawa, Nakatsuru, and Hakamada working on key animation (not to mention a dozen other key animators). Were Toei to divert a good number of the Dragon Ball animators from the nineties to a Dragon Ball project it'd look really good like Heya! Son Gokû and Friends Return!! did.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:57 pm

sbk wrote:Agreed man. The new art is so ugly. Someone posted the new eyecatchers in this thread

God. The characters look laminated and just look how they've drawn Gohan's face.. It looks atrocious.
You'd think that after fifteen years Toei would improve but they somehow managed to make the art uglier :?
It looks like Gohan's head is being inflated... which makes everyone else's expressions oddly appropriate. :lol:
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:15 am

Titles for next episodes:

93: (Feb 13)
迷いなき闘志!悟飯、セルジュニア粉砕
Mayoi-naki Toushi! Gohan, Seru Junia Funsai

Fighting Spirit Free from Hesitation!
Gohan Pulverizes the Cell Juniors

94: (Feb 20)
完全体崩壊!これが怒りの超鉄拳
Kanzentai Houkai! Kore ga Ikari no Chou-Tekken

The Perfect Form Breaks Down!
This is the Super Iron Fist of Rage

95: (March 6)
バイバイみんな!これが地球を救う唯一の道
Bai-Bai Min'na! Kore ga Chikyuu o Sukuu Yui'itsu no Michi

Bye-Bye Everyone!
This is the Only Way to Save the Earth

It seems we get no episode on 2/27

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:22 am

ThunderPX wrote:

It looks like Gohan's head is being inflated... which makes everyone else's expressions oddly appropriate. :lol:
It's funny that most people are always surprised when a character is bent forward. The effect is naturally that the head seems bigger, but they interpret it as "they made the head too big", when I immediately interpret it as Gohan having his head fall forward if you see what I mean. The same thing happened with one of the Anime Comics cover arts, still with Gohan. The boy is bent, so his head is in front of his body, but people naturally see a "bigger head" and not a "head closer to the camera than the body is". :)

But maybe it's just the contrary, maybe the head is drawn wrong and that there was never any "bent forward" effect implied! After all, if so many people comment on how odd the head looks, it must be that it is not the usual way any position should be represented in manga style, so chances are I'm actually the one misinterpreting it all! 8) Maybe in some kind of desperate unconscious effort to "save" the picture from a "drawn wrong" status! :)

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:18 pm

So by episode 95, it will be at Z Episode 188.

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Post by piccolo-san785 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 am

Am I the only one who thought that super saiyan transformation was weak?

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:32 am

piccolo-san785 wrote:Am I the only one who thought that super saiyan transformation was weak?
No you aren't, I thought it was abominable. They weren't even trying, the beginning of the new song they composed sounded like shit you would hear playing while a woman gave birth. They should have used the best track in Kai and my personal favorite Dragon Ball track ever, Heroic Faceoff. Super Dragon Soul would have been fine too even though I'm not a fan of the vocals. They didn't even need to compose a new track...

Congratulations Toei! It's really, really hard to ruin a scene as great as Gohan's first SSJ2 transformation, but you've managed to overcome all odds and do the impossible. Even Gohan Angers from the Faulconer dub was leagues more appropriate. I really hope Colleen Clinkenbeard saves this scene with an amazing, jaw dropping scream. I seriously have my doubts though...

I was praying for Toei to produce the Buu portion of the series, but now that they no longer have the opportunity to ruin even more scenes like Vegeta being possessed by Babidi or Goku going SSJ3 with god awful music like this, I'm so happy they aren't.
Tsukento wrote:I know this one has been beaten to death when people expected Super Dragon Soul for Goku's transformation (which I believe didn't fit with the situation), but I think this was the actual one time where it would have been absolutely perfect for the scene. While the footage comes from Z (well aware the scene's slightly shorter in Kai), it does show how well timed the song is with the actual transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AblY4CAjdpU
Pretty sad when fans of the series can pick more appropriate music than the actual makers of the show.
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:09 am

Dang. That's a shame, glad the scene never resonated with me (I'd take Goku's transormation over Gohan's ssj2 anyday). I wouldn't say FUNimation's take on the scene was any better; Faulconer had a handful of tracks that would've worked much better than the one that was chosen. Thank shucks for the ease of video and audio editing of modern technology.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:26 am

SolarBlade52 wrote:So by episode 95, it will be at Z Episode 188.
*Looks at Kanzentai's Z episode guide for Cell*.

Oh, wow. You really could have it ending at 98 episodes if there won't be a Buu for Kai.

189-190: Kai #96 (March 13th)
191-192: Kai #97 (March 20th)
193-194: Kai #98 (March 27th)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Now, I know you some of you guys are probably going to rape me on this one, but am I the only one here who likes the Gohan SSJ2 transformation music better then how it was handled in DBZ? "Spirit vs. Spirit" just sounds too 80s for my taste, I think the new song fits the scene much better.
Last edited by Son Geeko on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Son Geeko wrote:"Spirit vs Spirit" just sounds too 80s for my taste.
Are you talking about "Spirit vs. Spirit"?

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "SPIRIT VS. SPIRIT"?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Android 50
Beyond Newbie

Post by Android 50 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Chuquita wrote:
SolarBlade52 wrote:So by episode 95, it will be at Z Episode 188.
*Looks at Kanzentai's Z episode guide for Cell*.

Oh, wow. You really could have it ending at 98 episodes if there won't be a Buu for Kai.

189-190: Kai #96 (March 13th)
191-192: Kai #97 (March 20th)
193-194: Kai #98 (March 27th)
Why wouldn't they do a buu saga? That's like leaving the second half of db only 2/4ths redone.
Maron is stacked!!

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:

And so the fanboy rage begins...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Son Geeko wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:

And here I thought he was just referencing "Are you talking about Kuririn?!"
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Son Geeko wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:

YES, we're talking about Spirit vs Spirit!! >8D

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Oh geez, this is just wrong, particularly after some of the fantastic Sayain Saga eyecatches.
Son Geeko wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:

Tally Ho!

Anyway, no. Didn't work for me. They only time I can imagine what is basically JRPG music working in Dragonball is the Buu Saga, since Buu is that sort of enemy. Given what Gohan becomes afterward, to given any sort of "angelic" quality to the transformation is basically lying to your audience. Dragonball is not pretentious enough for that.

Also liked Nozawa's scream the first time around, but that's a nitpick.
KKZ wrote:
piccolo-san785 wrote:Am I the only one who thought that super saiyan transformation was weak?
No you aren't, I thought it was abominable. They weren't even trying, the beginning of the new song they composed sounded like shit you would hear playing while a woman gave birth... Congratulations Toei! It's really, really hard to ruin a scene as great as Gohan's first SSJ2 transformation, but you've managed to overcome all odds and do the impossible.
Pretty sure I'm going to sig this at some point.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada