"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragotaker
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:13 pm

Good news: Ozotto is back and is the main villian, glad they didn't forgot him

Bad news: just by looking at the teaser the Xeno Patrol is yet again taking a backseat to the Super cast and i hate it.

It was weird seeing Trunks there at all, dude hasn't done anything important since beating Mechikabura years ago, they should just release that damm SS4 Trunks design already whatever are they planning to do with it anyway? i already expect the anniversary to be a whole bunch of nothing like the last 4 years or so, don't even have anything they can give their stupid avatars either this time, maybe Beast? yeah expect that, wish we could get a new SS4 like the old days, all take anybody at this point Nappa, Raditz, Vegeta's brother, one of Bardock's buddies just do it again PLEASE.

Soba Mask
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soba Mask » Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:13 am

When will DBS Broly make his debut finally

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:17 pm

Sorry to derail the current convo but I was wondering something. Does anyone have or know where I can get any translations of the DBH God Missions dialogue? I'm trying to make a comprehensive video explaining the story of the Xeno side of Heroes. But I can't find anything about the story pre-SDBH other than wiki articles and the animated videos they do to promote the game.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:21 pm

How many versions if the xeno stories are there?

We have the game (and world mission is just a chunk of that plus 1 og story?)

The manga

The anime.

And then xenoverse?

Is that it?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:35 am

The 3DS Ultimate Mission game has a seperate story mode with the Xeno characters but I don't know of it's canon or not.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:54 pm

I wasn't planning on coming bqck here for a while bit I think this is worth noting:
https://twitter.com/JaredHendrix6/stat ... 1155?s=19
if it's true, it would explain a lot of stuff actually, like why the episodes went from monthly to only releasing when a new mission comes out, why there wasn't any attempt on showing Ozotto at all and why we are suddenly getting the random Gokus rematch in UGM10 even trough it doesn't make much sense:

They probably want to end the anime just how it started with a Goku vs Xeno Goku match. They may even have an original ending without any mention of the Meteor Mission. And to be fair, even trough Hearts is still around, one could consider the story kind of wrapped up I guess?

I will miss to seem some characters have voices, but if it's the exchange for another animated Dragonball content it's for the best imho. We still have the original arcade that won't end anytime soon and the manga as a fleshed out adaptation.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:30 pm

Woodlandbuckle wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:17 pm Sorry to derail the current convo but I was wondering something. Does anyone have or know where I can get any translations of the DBH God Missions dialogue? I'm trying to make a comprehensive video explaining the story of the Xeno side of Heroes. But I can't find anything about the story pre-SDBH other than wiki articles and the animated videos they do to promote the game.
sorry if I come too late to be of help but you can check translations for all the story missions here https://twitter.com/D1212LV/status/1692 ... 82926?s=19
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:24 am

Jord wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:35 am The 3DS Ultimate Mission game has a seperate story mode with the Xeno characters but I don't know of it's canon or not.
I actually can't find a summary of this anywhere. It's the one where gt goku goes ssgod in the ritual in bog but never anything after bog or keeps the power? And gt continues as normal?

I guess to see if this is canon you need xeno Goku to not know what ssgod is later in other mediums?

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:41 pm

MisteryOne wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:30 pm sorry if I come too late to be of help but you can check translations for all the story missions here https://twitter.com/D1212LV/status/1692 ... 82926?s=19
Thank you so much for this. Now I can actually know the whole story.
TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:24 am I actually can't find a summary of this anywhere. It's the one where gt goku goes ssgod in the ritual in bog but never anything after bog or keeps the power? And gt continues as normal?

I guess to see if this is canon you need xeno Goku to not know what ssgod is later in other mediums?
Assuming this is true it would make sense for the time. When BoG was first coming out there were statements on Toei's website saying it took place before GT. So maybe the mindset at the time was that BoG was part of GT's continuity. Obviously this was undone with Resurrection F' and Super (and even then the Pilaf gang still make no sense), but maybe this could still work with Xeno Goku considering CC Goku experienced some of the Toei original movies.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:12 pm

Grimlock wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 am Sorry to bother you, but could you please translate what's written in here?

alakazam^ wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:20 am Sure!

"Yeah, me from that time when I borrowed everyone's powers and the current me, who trained with my own power..."
alakazam^ wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 am I would need the proper context of that conversation but going from what he says it seems so. He does describe "himself" getting God (...)
As you can see in my old conversation with alazakam^, it is true that Xeno Goku has Super Saiyan God, but this is true only for Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X. The events of these games did not happen in the anime, manga and most importantly, in the arcade version. The events are exclusive to the respective handheld games. In fact, the manga continuity directly contradicts this, as Xeno Goku himself says he doesn't know about the god forms/power.

Nothing was "undone". Movie 14 still takes place before Dragon Ball GT (the former, AGE 778. The latter, AGE 789). And no characters other than the Time Patrollers (with the exception of Trunks, for obvious reasons) experienced the events of the movies. There is Vegeta acknowledging Coola in the anime, but that was a Toei's mistake.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:22 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:12 pm
Grimlock wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 am Sorry to bother you, but could you please translate what's written in here?

alakazam^ wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:20 am Sure!

"Yeah, me from that time when I borrowed everyone's powers and the current me, who trained with my own power..."
alakazam^ wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 am I would need the proper context of that conversation but going from what he says it seems so. He does describe "himself" getting God (...)
As you can see in my old conversation with alazakam^, it is true that Xeno Goku has Super Saiyan God, but this is true only for Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X. The events of these games did not happen in the anime, manga and most importantly, in the arcade version. The events are exclusive to the respective handheld games. In fact, the manga continuity directly contradicts this, as Xeno Goku himself says he doesn't know about the god forms/power.

Nothing was "undone". Movie 14 still takes place before Dragon Ball GT (the former, AGE 778. The latter, AGE 789). And no characters other than the Time Patrollers (with the exception of Trunks, for obvious reasons) experienced the events of the movies. There is Vegeta acknowledging Coola in the anime, but that was a Toei's mistake.
Does Xeno really say he knows nothing of the Forms or Power? Or just specifically talking about Blue?
I'm sure you are right but just wondering.

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:00 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:22 pm Does Xeno really say he knows nothing of the Forms or Power? Or just specifically talking about Blue?
I'm sure you are right but just wondering.
It's likely he's talking about the forms in general, not just blue. He doesn't say this in the arcade dialogue, just that CC Goku is "one step ahead".
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:04 am

Oh I remember seeing something about Ozotto somewhere, but I don't remember its backstory/origin :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm

do you think there's a chance at Warrior in Black Piccolo getting a demonic version of Orange Piccolo since his potential was unlocked by Dark Shenron

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:49 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm do you think there's a chance at Warrior in Black Piccolo getting a demonic version of Orange Piccolo since his potential was unlocked by Dark Shenron
Arc was probably penned too late for the movie but yeah I could see if they bring him back bow we might see it.

Although dark shenron doesn't seem nice enough to “ throw in extra” it could be that he's between ultimate Piccolo and Orange Piccolo

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:15 pm

In episode 81 of the og series it's said that there's shinigami working under Emma and Kami who use the Demon Realm gates

viewtopic.php?t=11596

Could Shroom have a possible connection to them since he's said to be a shinigami?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:34 pm

Damn seems like this thread and kanzenshuu is mostly dead, I haven’t posted on here in years but do occasionally check out this thread. Please look forward to the 13th anniversary live stream I think you’ll all be pleasantly surprised with what you see :thumbup: it’s kinda crazy the SDBH anime will be going CG for a while too!! Also hyped about the new upgrade for avatars… bye bye guys probably won’t be coming back to post on here ever again but it was a fun ride from 2017~2019 :wave:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:20 pm

I really didn't expect this sudden change in the animation, I wonder how it's going to look
definitely can't be something that even comes a bit close to the Super Hero movie animation
I can see it being a animation of the same level as those of the anniversaries, the SSJ God Xeno Trunks reveal trailer at best, which I wouldn't think is bad, I think they're pretty neat despite looking super duper dated
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:23 am

does anyone know what the textboxes for the avatar races says?

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1714 ... uzvrQ&s=19

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:58 am

You'd think the avatars getting Ultra Instinct would come along with the angel avatars. Maybe they are holding them off for the event, though I remember there having some teasing back when they were adding the Kaioshin avatars.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~