"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:Super Saiyan Blue Kaiohken Goku is HGD9-35, right?
Yes and no. "Super Saiyan Blue" is a terrible name just used in the anime and manga. Fortunately games (except XV2 :() call it Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaio-Ken.
I'm just using "Super Saiyan Blue" as a short-hand for the much longer to write "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan", if it wasn't obvious.

ankokudaishogun wrote:In there the transformation is called "捨て身の界王拳" or "Life-risking Kaiohken".

I seem unable to find other references to "Super Saiyan Kaiohken" except Vegetto Xeno's card.
What you mentioned is probably the name of the ability the character unlocks when he activates Kaio-Ken, but it's not the name of the transformation.
True. Looking more, I found the back of the card, calling it "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaiohken"

"Super Saiyan Kaio-Ken" also appears in Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle if I remember correctly.
No: there are a few Goku(Kaiohken) cards and two Super Saiyan Goku(Angel)(Super Kaiohken).
There are two cards with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku using Kaiohken, but it's just called "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku". The attack used is "10x Kaioken God Kamehameha" for both.

all of this in the Japanese cards, so no translation errors.

So, no, I found no reference to Super Saiyan Kaiohken anywhere except that Vegetto:Xeno card.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:22 pm

SDBH Mission 6 is out and I'm excited about this one. Let's get right down to it.

SH6-25 Goku
HR Type
HP: 3200
Power: 4800
Guard: 2000

CAA: Standard Change CAA that increases Power and Energy upon success from Round 3 on. (Something might be updated in the software for this card in the near future...?)

Passive: When your team's Hero Energy is 5 or above, nullify enemy's damage multiplier abilities when you get attacked. Also, Whenever Goku attacks, ignore the enemy's guard and damage nullification abilities.

Super Attack: Spirit Bomb, costs 5 Energy.

6.5/10

SH6-42 Kale
BS Type
HP: 3800
Power: 3500
Guard: 1000

CAA: From Round 2 on, undergo Change CAA. Upon success, instead of not being able to participate in team attacks, increase Power by 3x and be able to launch Super Attack no matter how much Hero Energy you have.

Passive: While in the transformed state, everytime the Battle Power calculation phase comes to an end, replenish some ki and ignore enemy's guard and damage nullification abilities upon attacking.

Super Attack: Resistance Cannon, costs 4 Energy.

Comments: At first glance this card seems exceptional. The change CAA gives a 3x boost and allows Kale to basically incinerate any enemy that she attacks, especially given the fact that she doesn't need to worry about Hero Energy while doing so. The only downside to this card is that you need to wait until Round 2 for her CAA to activate and most BS type characters want to take out the opponent in Round 1. So she might struggle to find a team to be played in for now. Nevertheless this card is so powerful that it opens up possibilities for future BS teams that are designed around ending the game in Round 2 as opposed to the traditional round 1 BS zerg-fest.

8/10

SH6-43 Caulifla
BS Type
HP: 3300
Power: 4800

CAA: From Round 2 on, perform a Triple Attack CAA during attack phase. Upon Super Triple Attack activation, inflict 2.5x damage to the attacked enemy.

Passive: When in the attack position, Caulifla gains +5,000 Guard during that Round only. If "Kale" or "Kyabe" are on your team, become immune to stuns.

Super Attack: Energy Fist, costs 5 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect: If Kyabe and Kale are on your team, Ultimate Unit Effect activates. Unit members, (Caulifla, Kale, and Kyabe) will permanently inflict double damage to the attacked enemy with their Super Attacks.

Comments: Interesting card. Not spectacularly overwhelming in 1 category, but this card has a very well-rounded kit. She can tank, she can do damage with her CAA, and she can also support her allies with the UEE. I think a Universe 6 Saiyan team will actually be very viable to run and could see it being a force to be reckoned with if we ever get a more powerful Kyabe card.

8/10

SH6-46 Toppo
HR Type
Power: 3600
Guard: 3300

CAA: Ultimate Burst CAA, which upon success, makes the attacked enemy regenerate much less ki while in the supporting area and permanently reduces their Guard by half.

Passive: When Toppo attacks, his damage goes up depending on how many enemies there are in the attack area.

Super Attack: Justice Flash, costs 7 Energy.

Comments: Probably one of the most bland UR cards I've seen in a really long time.

5/10

SH6-58 Gohanks: Xeno
HR Type
HP: 3300
Power: 4400
Guard: 2000

CAA: From Round 2 on, perform Super Slash CAA while in the attack position. Upon perfect slash activation, increase the attacked enemy's CI speed by a super amount and permanently reduce their Guard by 3,000.

Passive: Increase Power by 5,000 while in the attack area. Increase team's Battle Power by 5,000 while in the support area (but Energy won't increase).

Super Attack: Exploding Fire Slasher (hard to translate), costs 6 Energy.

Comments: So his CAA allows him to do one of the most broken things you could possibly do in this game, increase the enemy's CI speed. This combined with his flexibility in being both a supporter and an attacker makes him a deadly card that is a safe addition in most decks.

8/10

SH6-59 Demon God Towa
EL Type
HP: 3600
Power: 3500
Guard: 1500

CAA: From Round 2 on, if the player's Hero Avatar is in the attack area, Space-time transfer CAA activates. Warp in Slug: Xeno in giant form and lower all enemy's Power and Guard stats by 3,000.

Passive: While in the support area, seal the Super Attacks of the three enemies with the highest Power stats for that turn only. (Limited to 1 time)

Comments: Pretty nice support unit but expected a little bit more from the card that is basically supposed to represent the big threat of this mission.

7/10

Now let's look at the SEC's. Here is where things start to get crazy.

SH6-SEC Darkness Demon God Buu: Xeno
EL Type
Power: 4300
Guard: 1500

CAA: From Round 2 on, perform Super Slash CAA if in the attack area. Upon perfect slash activation, decrease the attacked enemy's damage nullification by 100%.

Passive: At the end of every round, if the enemy team has 5 Energy or more, steal 2 of their Energy. Also, increase this unit's Power by 5,000.

Comments: So literally just a continuously Power stacking, Energy stealing EL type that not only enables your team to Super Attack easily but also punishes the enemy team for playing the game normally. A very powerful card that will see play in a lot of EL teams.

8.5/10

SH-SEC2 Grand Priest
SP Type
HP: 1500
Power: 1000

Ability: All attackers on your team gain 30,000 Power for 1 turn only.

Comments: ????????????

9.5/10

SH6-SEC3 Vegito: Xeno
BS Type
HP: 2500
Power: 7500

CAA: If your HP is below half and Vegito: Xeno is in the attack area, cancel the attack of one enemy and activate Counter Rush CAA. Upon perfect rush activation, deal a huge amount of damage to the countered enemy. (1 time only. You can only have 1 card with Counter Rush on your team).

Passive: When your team's Battle Power is 15,000 or above, Vegito: Xeno will deal 2x more damage to the enemy. Also, he will be immune to stuns and his CI speed will slow down by a super amount.

Super Attack: Spirit Saber, costs 8 energy.

Comments: Not sure how many of you guys are familiar with God Mission 1's Masked Saiyan card but when that card came out, he was considered the best card the game has ever seen because his Power stat would double every turn without any conditions being met as well as being immune to stuns. That card is still incredible and remains the most valuable card in all of DBH to this day. The only downside that the card has was that his CI speed was very high so for less experienced players it was hard to ever land his Super Attack. When I saw this Vegito: Xeno card I immediately thought of that Masked Saiyan card since they are very similar. The only difference is that this card requires you to meet a certain Battle Power condition but his CI speed gets slower and slower over time. I'm not sure which of these two cards will be better but I can tell you that this will 100% be a card that you will build a team around and will dominate 99% of other teams in the game right now. It is that powerful. We were waiting for a card to finally match Vegito Blue's level of power and, what do you know, it was another Vegito card.

9.75/10

Overall this mission has the highest power level cards I think in the history of DBH. Vegito: Xeno is obscene and I don't even have any comment for Grand Priest. All I can say is that I hope they know what they're doing because if they ever release any cards that are more powerful than these on a consistent basis we may end up with a very broken game soon. But there are many positives in this set as well, as I mentioned earlier with Kale and Caulifla. The potential to build new teams around units that have unique UEE, etc.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:42 am

Grand Priest seems ridiculous as expected.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:48 am

sangofe wrote:For those that have read the manga... How is it? What does it feel like? How's the story telling, action, humor, execution and characters like? How does it feel vs other official DB Mangas (also fanmade ones).
Would anyone please make an attempt at answering and quote me so I can find the answer quickly :-)?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:29 am

sangofe wrote:
sangofe wrote:For those that have read the manga... How is it? What does it feel like? How's the story telling, action, humor, execution and characters like? How does it feel vs other official DB Mangas (also fanmade ones).
Would anyone please make an attempt at answering and quote me so I can find the answer quickly :-)?
Would reading it yourself not be a better way to experience the feeling?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:24 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Sure but I'd like to read what others have to say first. Plus, I can't read Japanese.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:06 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:So, no, I found no reference to Super Saiyan Kaiohken anywhere except that Vegetto:Xeno card.
Because there isn't, as far as I'm aware. Goku has never had the Super (Saiyan) Kaio-ken in the game from what I remember, and the revival of the technique from Super is labeled as the "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaio-ken".
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:50 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:So, no, I found no reference to Super Saiyan Kaiohken anywhere except that Vegetto:Xeno card.
Because there isn't, as far as I'm aware. Goku has never had the Super (Saiyan) Kaio-ken in the game from what I remember, and the revival of the technique from Super is labeled as the "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaio-ken".
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Your image is broken, but yeah, that's what I concluded, too.

By the way, the form is specifically called "Super Saiyan: Kaiohken" in the back of the card.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 am

sangofe wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Sure but I'd like to read what others have to say first. Plus, I can't read Japanese.
Viz has volume 1 up, and the rest of the chapters are available online for free. Also, it's great. Honestly the best version of the Black arc IMO.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Viz has volume 1 up, and the rest of the chapters are available online for free. Also, it's great. Honestly the best version of the Black arc IMO.
He's not talking about the DBS manga.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:26 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Chapter 6
[spoiler]* Is this boy... Foe or ally...!?[/spoiler]
Would that be the name of the chapter?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:54 am

Bullza wrote:Would that be the name of the chapter?
It's not, they tend to have these kind of "hype" lines at the beginning and end of chapters.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:22 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
sangofe wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Interesting. Are they available for people from Norway?

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:50 am

Sandubadear wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:
He's not talking about the DBS manga.
Whoops.
sangofe wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Interesting. Are they available for people from Norway?
Does this link work for you? https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters ... ball-super

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 pm

One trailer mentions "スラッグ:ゼノ時空転送", is that Slug's new form name? lol
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Sandubadear wrote:One trailer mentions "スラッグ:ゼノ時空転送", is that Slug's new form name? lol
No. 時空転送 Is the space-time transfer CAA and that's the only way Slug: Xeno is playable right now.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Goresh wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:One trailer mentions "スラッグ:ゼノ時空転送", is that Slug's new form name? lol
No. 時空転送 Is the space-time transfer CAA and that's the only way Slug: Xeno is playable right now.
The giant energy-hair, earth-merging form anyway. His normal sized, fully clothed form is playable.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:47 pm

What will be revealed on September 24th is related to the Limit Breaker Saiyan Goku?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:04 am

YonedgeHP wrote:What will be revealed on September 24th is related to the Limit Breaker Saiyan Goku?
Yes, it will either be kaioken x20 or it will be the saiyan of breaking limits, those are the only 2 things it can be but we'll find out on Sunday

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:34 am

We ever get a shot of the back of Kale's card?