The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Gog wrote: Raditz V Saibaman

Ozaruu Raditz V Saiyan Saga Goku

Raditz V Garlic Junior

Raditz V Piccolo Daimo and God
Raditz wins since he's slightly stronger, however he may get blown up which would make it a draw.

Saiyan Arc Goku easily crushes Oozaru Raditz with Kaioken.

Raditz wrecks Movie Garlic Jr. but gets stomped by the filler version.

Raditz effortlessly stomps both of them.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:50 pm

New battles!

Raditz V Monster Carrot!

Raditz V Krillin(Saiyan Saga)

Raditz V Yamcha(Saiyan Saga)

(Ozaruu)Raditz V Guldo

Super Saiyan Raditz V Reecome

Super Saiyan 2 Raditz V Ginyu

Super Saiyan 3 Raditz V First Form Freeza

Super Saiyan 4 Raditz V (Suppressed) Finial Form Freeza

Super Saiyan 4 Raditz V Coola(Fourth form)

SSG Raditz V Vegetto(SSJ to SSJ4)

SSB Raditz V Golden Freeza

ryan1227

Post by ryan1227 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Gog wrote:New battles!

Raditz V Monster Carrot!

(Ozaruu)Raditz V Guldo

- Raditz splatters him in one kick, unless he decides to let Carrot touch him for whatever reason

- There's nothing Raditz can really do against Kuririn's superior power and technique

- Yamcha would have a much harder time than Kuririn, but still be capable of pulling off a win against Raditz

- Raditz has more than enough power to squash Ghurd like a bug, but if Ghurd busts out his psychic powers, it's hopeless for Raditz.

- 1,250 x 50 = 62,500. Raditz wins about as easily as Goku did.

- Following the SEG multiplier, Raditz ends up at 125,000 imo, higher than Ginyu's 120,000. However, Ginyu seems to be a lot more skilled than Raditz, seeing how he's capable of controlling his battle power, and a mere 4% difference isn't enough to give Raditz the decisive advantage. Ginyu wins after a good fight.

- Once again following the SEG, Raditz ends up at 500,000. Raditz will put a good fight for a few seconds before the strain of SSj3 does him in.

- SSj4 brings someone to their limits, and Raditz, being a low-class Saiyan who probably doesn't work very hard, probably doesn't have very high potential. Raditz loses to both of the Freeza clan brothers.

- Even with the monumental boost of SSj God, I'd estimate that Raditz would reach Perfect Cell tier at best. Vegetto vaporizes him without using Super Saiyan at all.

- Goku, who had been through Whis' training at this point, was still below Golden Freeza by a fair margin with SSjB. Freeza wouldn't need his golden form to effortlessly kill Raditz.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:33 am

This has been a cause for some mixed opinions in the Power Level thread so let's see what you guys have to say.

Mercenary Tao from the Red Ribbon Army saga runs the 22nd Budokai gauntlet

King Chappa
Chiaotzu
Yamcha
Krillin
Jackie Chun

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 am

Bullza wrote:This has been a cause for some mixed opinions in the Power Level thread so let's see what you guys have to say.

King Chappa
Chiaotzu
Yamcha
Krillin
Jackie Chun
Mercenary Tao easily crushes King Chappa in one on one battle

Chiaotzu is outmatched by Tao in every area, however he manages to get Tao in a telekinetic grip. In desperation Tao drops a math question to distract Chiaotzu who takes the bait. Tao wins.

Yamcha gets beaten handily by Tao, he's just too weak compared to the Mercenary.

Krillin fairs slightly better than Yamcha, but in the end he still loses to the might of Tao.

Jackie Chun easily overpowers Tao with his raw skill and might. There's just simply no way for Tao to beat Jackie Chun in any honorable one on one dual.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:30 am

Bullza wrote:This has been a cause for some mixed opinions in the Power Level thread so let's see what you guys have to say.

King Chappa
Chiaotzu
Yamcha
Krillin
Jackie Chun
-In terms of power Chappa is at least equal to Tao, perhaps even a bit stronger, but Tao possesses more skill and special techniques so I'd give him the win.

Tao loses to everyone else on the list pretty handily except for Chaozu who he may be able to trick.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:51 am

Gog wrote:Mercenary Tao easily crushes King Chappa in one on one battle
TheUltimateNinja wrote:In terms of power Chappa is at least equal to Tao, perhaps even a bit stronger
And this is what I mean. There seems to be people who rate Tao higher based on some things said by Roshi and When and then there's other people who believe that Yamcha and Krillin must be stronger than Goku from the Baba Saga and he was already stronger than Tao.

You've got Roshi who knows full well that Goku is stronger than he was against Granpa Gohan saying that any of them, Goku, Krillin and Yamcha could win, which wouldn't make sense if Yamcha and Krillin were weaker than Goku was years ago.

But then you have Roshi also being surprised that Goku beat Tao and Shen only saying that Goku could probably have beaten Tao after he got serious and beat Krillin.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:01 am

Bullza wrote:
Gog wrote:Mercenary Tao easily crushes King Chappa in one on one battle
TheUltimateNinja wrote:In terms of power Chappa is at least equal to Tao, perhaps even a bit stronger
And this is what I mean. There seems to be people who rate Tao higher based on some things said by Roshi and When and then there's other people who believe that Yamcha and Krillin must be stronger than Goku from the Baba Saga and he was already stronger than Tao.

You've got Roshi who knows full well that Goku is stronger than he was against Granpa Gohan saying that any of them, Goku, Krillin and Yamcha could win, which wouldn't make sense if Yamcha and Krillin were weaker than Goku was years ago.

But then you have Roshi also being surprised that Goku beat Tao and Shen only saying that Goku could probably have beaten Tao after he got serious and beat Krillin.
You have to consider the Tsuru Sennin and his students' bias there. It's pretty clear they're overrating him since both Tenshinhan and Chaozu could beat Tao, you may have doubts about Chaozu but Tenshinhan could effortlessly stomp him.

And Roshi was probably surprised because of Tao's relation to Tsuru Sennin, I doubt he knew exactly how powerful Tao was. Logically Yamcha and Kuririn are both much stronger than Tao and Chappa is at least on the same level.

Kuririn thought Goku was going all out when he saw him fight Chappa, this means the level Goku used there must at the very least be higher than the level he displayed in the Uranai Baba Arc, and that level was already more than enough to stomp Tao. With his 22nd Budokai power even his initial match level would be enough to effortlessly crush Tao like he did to Chappa.

ryan1227

Post by ryan1227 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:32 pm

King Chappa
Chiaotzu
Yamcha
Krillin
Jackie Chun
Tao would lose to everyone here, including Chappa. At best, I could see him landing a few hits on Chappa, but not much else.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:25 pm

Raditz V Saibaiman

Ozaruu Raditz V Saiyan Saga Goku

Raditz V Garlic Junior

Raditz V Piccolo Daimo and God
- Raditz has a slight power advantage and is probably a lot smarter and more skilled than an insta-grow creature. Plus he's probably familiar enough with them to know to look out for a kamikaze attack. Raditz wins.
- Great Ape Raditz's power would be around 15,000, whereas Goku can stately push his strength up to 16,000 with Kaioken x2, or up to 32,000 in a pinch. While Raditz would definitely have an advantage in durability and stamina, Goku should be fast enough to just cut off the tail. Even if he can't, there's no guarantee that Raditz would be able to retain his reason as a Great Ape, which would be a huge disadvantage against a fighter even stronger than you. Doesn't look too good for Goku's older brother.
- While Garlic Jr is stronger than either Piccolo or Goku, he's not so strong that he can fend them both off at once. Raditz can. It all comes down to whether Garlic has his immortality in this or not. If yes, he eventually wears Raditz down and takes him out. If not, Raditz just kills him. Of course there's the possibility that Garlic summons the Dead Zone, which leads to a 50/50 chance of it sucking in Raditz or getting knocked in himself.
- If Raditz can easily pick apart the much stronger Goku and Piccolo, what do you think their predecessors can do?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:30 pm

Raditz V Monster Carrot!

(Ozaruu)Raditz V Guldo

- Raditz, if he uses ki blasts.

- Krillin wins easily. He killed 3 Saibamen, it's like killing 3 Raditzs!

- Yamcha wins. He defeated a Saibaman, and only lost because they could explode.

- Raditz wins only if Guldo doesn't use his mysterious powers.

- Raditz wins easily, just like how Goku won easily against Recoome. As Captain Ginyu said, 60,000 is enough to stomp the Ginyu Force (excluiding himself), and I think Goku was using that 60,000 against Recoome, Burter and Jeice.

- A very equal fight. I think Raditz is a bit stronger, but Ginyu can win since he's more skilled. He can also change bodies if he wants to.

- Raditz could potentially fight evenly against Frieza like how Vegeta did in the original series, since Raditz ends up with the level I give to that Vegeta. But ultimately, Frieza wins.

- If it's the Frieza that killed Vegeta and fought Goku at first, I think Raditz wins. But Frieza can raise a bit of his power and win if he wants to, even without using the 25%.

- Raditz gets stomped. He won't reach that level of power just with SSJG.

- Raditz gets stomped. He could at least reach to Cell Games Piccolo level, but nothing else. Golden Frieza is stronger than SSB Goku who is MUCH stronger than Raditz.

King Chappa
Chiaotzu
Yamcha
Krillin
Jackie Chun
He loses to everyone. I'm with the ones that say that Tao is below Chappa. I understand that some people may think that Tao is stronger than Chappa. But I don't know where people get that he's stronger than Chiaotzu, Yamcha and Krillin. A much superior Goku complimented Krillin, saying that he was enjoying the match, more like he was saying indirectly that this was by now the best opponent he had. Yamcha and Chiaotzu being around the same power, they should all be able to defeat Tao.

The thing with Roshi being surprised for Goku defeating Tao I take it as a contradiction to everything that is stated previously. He could've been more worried about Tao being Tsuru's brother.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Piccolo Daimo V Ten(23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai Arc)

ryan1227

Post by ryan1227 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:22 pm

Gog wrote:Piccolo Daimo V Ten(23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai Arc)
Tenshinhan fought nearly on par with Weighted Goku, who was stated to be stronger than he was three years ago against Piccolo Daimao. Tenshinhan should win without much trouble, especially if he uses his full speed.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Gog wrote:Piccolo Daimo V Ten(23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai Arc)
Tien. Easily. Weighted Goku's speed is comparable to the speed he had in his battle against King Piccolo. Tenshinhan's strenght and speed are far superior than that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Gog wrote:And that's how he gets stronger, which does not include having to be beat up by Saiyans. So my original point stands Goku Black fights against Super 17 and over the course of the battle he gets strong enough that he kills the Super Android.
Not quite as I believe Super 17 would become stronger faster absorbing Black energy than the latter by the damage of their battle, he loses IMO

New matches:

- Goku (Saiyan arc/No Kaioken) vs. Bardock (TV Special)

- All Saiyans become Oozaru in Planet Vegeta vs. Freeza

- Yamcha (Android arc) vs. Vegeta (Saiyan arc)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Noah wrote: New matches:

- Bardock defeats Goku easily, like how Zarbon defeated Vegeta easily. The power gaps are identical.

- Frieza uses a supernova and kills all of them easily. They are just too weak to still be able to defeat First Form Frieza's full power.

- Yamcha easily. Yamcha trained with King Kai and should already be at least stronger than 30,000 by the Android arc, though I have him much higher.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 pm

Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:And that's how he gets stronger, which does not include having to be beat up by Saiyans. So my original point stands Goku Black fights against Super 17 and over the course of the battle he gets strong enough that he kills the Super Android.
Not quite as I believe Super 17 would become stronger faster absorbing Black energy than the latter by the damage of their battle, he loses IMO

New matches:

Goku defeats his father, who while having a small increase in power between the two of them, is just inferior to his son in skill.

Freeza one shots all of them, the gap between the saiyans power and Freeza's power is immense

Yamcha easily manhandles the prince, who he has long since surpassed.

New battles!

Krillin(Cell Games) V The Ginyu Force

Krillin(Cell Games) V First Form Freeza

Krillin(Cell Games) V First Form Freeza and the Ginyu Force

Krillin(Cell Games) V Second Form Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:12 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:- Bardock defeats Goku easily, like how Zarbon defeated Vegeta easily. The power gaps are identical.
Wouldn't you say Goku may find a way as he's more skilled than his father? :think:
- Frieza uses a supernova and kills all of them easily. They are just too weak to still be able to defeat First Form Frieza's full power.
But didn't Freeza feared that the Saiyans could gang against him? Would he have time to charge a Supernova with a bunch of Oozarus attacking him at the same time?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 pm

Gog wrote: New battles!

Krillin(Cell Games) V The Ginyu Force

Krillin(Cell Games) V First Form Freeza

Krillin(Cell Games) V First Form Freeza and the Ginyu Force

Krillin(Cell Games) V Second Form Freeza
In my personal opinion, I think Krillin defeats all of them. I have Krillin at 1,200,000, and Frieza in his Second Form would be 1,060,000, which is 2 times his First Form's power. Their fight would be more or less like the fight Vegeta had against Dodoria and Zarbon (untransformed), therefore Krillin would win.
Noah wrote: Wouldn't you say Goku may find a way as he's more skilled than his father? :think:
Well, the gap isn't really that small, maybe he can win if he plans something out like how he did against Raditz (although Piccolo was there). But if Goku was like, let's say a 9,000 instead of 8,000, what you said would indeed happen, Goku would win if he is more skilled. But 8,000 is quite a bit far from 10,000, it's like how 24,000 is far from 30,000.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:18 pm

Noah wrote: But didn't Freeza feared that the Saiyans could gang against him? Would he have time to charge a Supernova with a bunch of Oozarus attacking him at the same time?
If the Saiyans ganged up on him, Freeza would transform. And besides that line was retconned into being that Freeza was afraid of the Legendary Super Saiyan, because the Ozaruu Saiyans can't even hope to take down Finial Form Freeza.

Frost(Finial Form) V SSJ Cabba