The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Yamcha, after the next episode bump it up to tien, he seems to be training really hard ever since he beat times ass in mind controlled form
So you think he just got lucky with Tien?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Noah wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Yamcha, after the next episode bump it up to tien, he seems to be training really hard ever since he beat times ass in mind controlled form
So you think he just got lucky with Tien?
Some days ago a dbs writer tweeted Roshi beat Tien with the power rise from the charm pasted on him..
Something along these lines..
I don't remember the exact details but the official thread has them
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

VegetaSSJBlue
Beyond Newbie

Post by VegetaSSJBlue » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Noah wrote:Strongest character current Mutenroshi can beat?
SS3 Gotenks

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Suppose Jaco has his hidden potential unlocked by Guru and Rou Kaioshin, trains for a year with North Kaioh, trains for two years in the ROSAT, drinks the ultra divine water, eats a Tree of Might fruit, joins the Pride Troopers and trains with them for two years, and then trains for two years with Whis. Who's the strongest person he could beat?
Well RoF Jaco should be around Saiyan Saga Vegeta-tier based on how well he fared against the Frieza force.

Grand Elder potential unlock - 72,000
King Kai training - 200,000
2 years in the RoSaT - 550,000
Tree of Might fruit - 1,500,000
Pride Trooper training - 5,000,000
Elder Kai potential unlock - 100,000,000
Whis training - 2,500,000,000 - 5,000,000,000

So when all is said and done, he'd probably reach high SSJ2-tier to anywhere around a weak SSJ3.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:22 pm

VegetaSSJBlue wrote:
Noah wrote:Strongest character current Mutenroshi can beat?
SS3 Gotenks
lol
supercat wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Suppose Jaco has his hidden potential unlocked by Guru and Rou Kaioshin, trains for a year with North Kaioh, trains for two years in the ROSAT, drinks the ultra divine water, eats a Tree of Might fruit, joins the Pride Troopers and trains with them for two years, and then trains for two years with Whis. Who's the strongest person he could beat?
Well RoF Jaco should be around Saiyan Saga Vegeta-tier based on how well he fared against the Frieza force.

So when all is said and done, he'd probably reach high SSJ2-tier to anywhere around a weak SSJ3.
Those gains you are giving him would be like if he had the potential of a saiayn. Jaco has likely been training for years and he can't transform as far as we know, so I don't see him even getting close to that level.

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:48 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
supercat wrote:

Those gains you are giving him would be like if he had the potential of a saiayn. Jaco has likely been training for years and he can't transform as far as we know, so I don't see him even getting close to that level.
He probably wasn't far off from Saiyan Saga Vegeta, seeing as how easily he was able to take down the Frieza Force. Even from a conservative standpoint, he would need to be upwards of 3,500 - 4,500 in order for said feat to make sense. I honestly don't get this whole cramming characters into a tight powerscale. I feel like people do it to keep certain fighters relevant while not cheapening previous power ups. But honestly, I can't help but enjoy random power ups, as I feel that is partly what makes the series so interesting. Would you really want to see people rocking the same boring power year after year? Off topic, but I thought it was great that some random fighter like Rild was stronger than Buu.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 pm

supercat wrote:
He probably wasn't far off from Saiyan Saga Vegeta, seeing as how easily he was able to take down the Frieza Force.
Even Roshi was taking down those Frieza soldiers. In the movie the Frieza soldiers gasped when Frieza city busted even though King Piccolo with a power level of 260 could city bust. Not to mention both Frieza and Jaco stated the Frieza force declined. At best I would put them around 1,000, and that's generous.
Also in the Jaco manga he said saiyan adults were too much for him, so he is almost definitely not Vegeta level, though he could be Nappa level.

Even from a conservative standpoint, he would need to be upwards of 3,500 - 4,500 in order for said feat to make sense.
That would be an reasonable place to put him. A conservative place would be below 1,000. Raditz with a power level of 1,500 has far better feats than Jaco.
I honestly don't get this whole cramming characters into a tight powerscale.
It's just being logical. If anybody in the universe could even hope to of surpassed Frieza they would have. Even the entire galactic patrol together couldn't take Frieza on.
I feel like people do it to keep certain fighters relevant while not cheapening previous power ups. But honestly, I can't help but enjoy random power ups, as I feel that is partly what makes the series so interesting. Would you really want to see people rocking the same boring power year after year?
It's just logical that most characters shouldn't get that strong. There are certain characters where it is acceptable. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Frieza, Cell, Buu, ect are some characters who I could see getting major power ups. Characters like Mr. Satan, Tao pai pai, Qui, Pui pui, ect are characters who I can't really see reaching high levels.

So basically it depends on the character and their potential. I mean it's bad enough that almost every character now is considered a prodigy, lol. It kind of devalues some of the stronger characters.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:14 am

dragon boss z wrote:Also in the Jaco manga he said saiyan adults were too much for him, so he is almost definitely not Vegeta level, though he could be Nappa level.
He could have gotten stronger since then, though.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:40 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:Also in the Jaco manga he said saiyan adults were too much for him, so he is almost definitely not Vegeta level, though he could be Nappa level.
He could have gotten stronger since then, though.
True, but there is no proof of that being the case though. If Roshi and a big fish are enough to take multiple Frieza soldiers out at once, I don't think Jaco beating them is really that impressive. Also Jaco beat a shark as big as that fish in his manga so that means dozens of Frieza soldiers<<<giant fish<=>giant shark<<<Jaco.

supercat

Post by supercat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:49 am

dragon boss z wrote:
supercat wrote:
He probably wasn't far off from Saiyan Saga Vegeta, seeing as how easily he was able to take down the Frieza Force.
Even Roshi was taking down those Frieza soldiers. In the movie the Frieza soldiers gasped when Frieza city busted even though King Piccolo with a power level of 260 could city bust. Not to mention both Frieza and Jaco stated the Frieza force declined. At best I would put them around 1,000, and that's generous.
Also in the Jaco manga he said saiyan adults were too much for him, so he is almost definitely not Vegeta level, though he could be Nappa level.

Even from a conservative standpoint, he would need to be upwards of 3,500 - 4,500 in order for said feat to make sense.
That would be an reasonable place to put him. A conservative place would be below 1,000. Raditz with a power level of 1,500 has far better feats than Jaco.
I honestly don't get this whole cramming characters into a tight powerscale.
It's just being logical. If anybody in the universe could even hope to of surpassed Frieza they would have. Even the entire galactic patrol together couldn't take Frieza on.
I feel like people do it to keep certain fighters relevant while not cheapening previous power ups. But honestly, I can't help but enjoy random power ups, as I feel that is partly what makes the series so interesting. Would you really want to see people rocking the same boring power year after year?
It's just logical that most characters shouldn't get that strong. There are certain characters where it is acceptable. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Frieza, Cell, Buu, ect are some characters who I could see getting major power ups. Characters like Mr. Satan, Tao pai pai, Qui, Pui pui, ect are characters who I can't really see reaching high levels.

So basically it depends on the character and their potential. I mean it's bad enough that almost every character now is considered a prodigy, lol. It kind of devalues some of the stronger characters.
Well the Frieza Force had fighters resembling Appule, and based on what we know of him, I'd say it's safe to assume that their kind is at least around 2,000 - 3,500. I also don't know what's wrong with Roshi getting stronger and training over the years. The guy is a martial arts enthusiast. It's quite plausible that he picked his training back up off screen. Roshi, Tien, and Yamcha are sort of prodigies in a way. How many humans in the series have ever reached a level that was even remotely close to where they're at? Going by the anime, Tien and Yamcha were already stronger than the Ginyu Force (one of Universe 7's finest team of warriors) by the Frieza saga. And let's not even go into Piccolo... But seriously though, I think any Z-Fighter could at least somewhat be considered a prodigy.

I look at it like this. If a character was once able to double, triple, or even grow their strength by ten fold at one point of the series, they could do it again. I also find it quite reasonable to believe that once a character reaches a certain level of power, obtaining more power comes with greater ease since they've already heightened their ability to gather and harness larger amounts of ki. Has this ever been proven? Not that I could recall, but it makes sense when you look at how quickly some characters grew in strength as the story progressed. So although surpassing someone like Frieza may have been seemingly impossible for certain characters at one point, it could have become more doable over time as their awareness of proper ki utilization, and other training-related aspects steadily improved. But regardless, I don't think any of the humans barring current Krillin reached Namek Frieza-tier.

On a side note, of course the Frieza Force is going to look shocked upon seeing their leader demolish a city. One, it was basically out of nowhere, and two, different attacks probably emit different levels of pressure, aura, or whatever that we can't really see. And since there's seemingly no way something like that could be animated to such intricacy, all attacks end up looking the same to us. I mean, Nappa's explosion seemed more powerful visually than most of the attacks we've seen following his defeat. As far as feats go, unless it's where one fighter defeats another, I take it with a grain of salt. Especially when it pertains to the size of an attack.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:38 am

supercat wrote:
Well the Frieza Force had fighters resembling Appule, and based on what we know of him, I'd say it's safe to assume that their kind is at least around 2,000 - 3,500.
Appule didn't have a stated power level as far as I know. And the soldiers Frieza brought with him to Namek were probably the cream of the crop.
I also don't know what's wrong with Roshi getting stronger and training over the years. The guy is a martial arts enthusiast. It's quite plausible that he picked his training back up off screen.
I don't have a problem with Roshi getting stronger, but he was over 300 years old and still had a power level in the hundreds. If he has been training I could see him getting a power level in the low thousands, but not much more than that.
Roshi, Tien, and Yamcha are sort of prodigies in a way. How many humans in the series have ever reached a level that was even remotely close to where they're at? Going by the anime, Tien and Yamcha were already stronger than the Ginyu Force (one of Universe 7's finest team of warriors) by the Frieza saga. And let's not even go into Piccolo... But seriously though, I think any Z-Fighter could at least somewhat be considered a prodigy.
I agree, for humans they were prodigies.
I look at it like this. If a character was once able to double, triple, or even grow their strength by ten fold at one point of the series, they could do it again. I also find it quite reasonable to believe that once a character reaches a certain level of power, obtaining more power comes with greater ease since they've already heightened their ability to gather and harness larger amounts of ki. Has this ever been proven? Not that I could recall, but it makes sense when you look at how quickly some characters grew in strength as the story progressed.
It's actually the other way around. The stronger you get the harder it is to get stronger. Vegeta even says he thinks they are reaching their limit and wont get much stronger.
The same thing is true in real life. If you lift weights the longer you train the slower your results are. Right when you start your training you make your biggest gains, just like how Frieza did. If Frieza trained for another 4 months he wouldn't make nearly as much progress.
So although surpassing someone like Frieza may have been seemingly impossible for certain characters at one point, it could have become more doable over time as their awareness of proper ki utilization, and other training-related aspects steadily improved. But regardless, I don't think any of the humans barring current Krillin reached Namek Frieza-tier.
Krillin may be suppressed Frieza tier, but not full power tier. Tien and Roshi wouldn't even beat first form Frieza.
On a side note, of course the Frieza Force is going to look shocked upon seeing their leader demolish a city. One, it was basically out of nowhere, and two, different attacks probably emit different levels of pressure, aura, or whatever that we can't really see. And since there's seemingly no way something like that could be animated to such intricacy, all attacks end up looking the same to us. I mean, Nappa's explosion seemed more powerful visually than most of the attacks we've seen following his defeat. As far as feats go, unless it's where one fighter defeats another, I take it with a grain of salt. Especially when it pertains to the size of an attack.
Well Frieza did do it with a tiny finger beam. I mean some of Frieza's men even use ray guns. That doesn't make them seem too powerful.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:36 pm

1) Super Saiyan 4 Baby Vegeta vs. Omega Shenron.

2) Baby Zamasu vs. Toppo.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Strongest Dragonball guy voldemort can Beat
23rd budokai goku vs Harry Potter armed with elder wand
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Super Saiyan 4 Baby Vegeta vs. Omega Shenron.

2) Baby Zamasu vs. Toppo.
- It would take more than just achieving SSJ4 to Baby defeat Omega Shenron, so I think he loses this one.

- If this is Present Zamasu (anime) being possessed by Baby, I would say he loses pretty bad. If this is the Immortal Future Zamasu, I think he still wouldn't be able to overcome Toppo, but due his immortality he ends winning somehow.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:13 am

Buu Arc Piccolo vs Cell Games Vegeta vs Cell Jr

A fight between the trio, who would be left out first, and who would win?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Strongest Dragonball guy voldemort can Beat
If the people he was fighting were on guard and if Voldemort doesn't have his horocruxes, then probably General Blue. I think Tao would be too fast for him.
23rd budokai goku vs Harry Potter armed with elder wand
Goku stomps. He is far to fast and can kill Harry with one punch or ki blast.
dragonball0900 wrote:Buu Arc Piccolo vs Cell Games Vegeta vs Cell Jr

Cell Jr. probably loses first, Vegeta wins. Piccolo has a chance but he didn't really show anything in the Buu saga that impressed me.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:56 pm

Going by what I know of Harry Potter, I can't see any of them beating many strong DB characters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:19 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Going by what I know of Harry Potter, I can't see any of them beating many strong DB characters.
Killing Curse , Cruciatus Curse, Imperius Curse these are all capable of taking the Battle in users favor for weaker db characters, dbz is out of the question..

Though the only one actually capable of winning the match is Killing Curse, if it hits that's it..

All other curses db characters can resist, a strong will is enough to overcome Imperius Curse and they are used to excruciating pain so Cruciatus Curse is useless as well, they will just get up once it's over..

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:57 am

Piccolo and Vegeta work together to take out the Cell Jr and then Piccolo wins against Vegeta. Both Cell Games Vegeta and Piccolo held their own against the Cell Jr's, Piccolo has stated in the past that he spends his days training mostly intensely and Toriyama has stated in Chozenshu 1 that Piccolo trains when there are no battles or on days off suggesting that training is all he does.
Chapter: 333 (DBZ 139), P8.1
Gohan: “So, do you still spend every day in intense training?”
Piccolo: “More or less…”
With 7 years of training I don't see why Piccolo wouldn't have surpassed the level of a Cell Jr by the Buu Arc.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:35 pm

mcdjbeatz wrote:

Piccolo and Vegeta work together to take out the Cell Jr and then Piccolo wins against Vegeta. Both Cell Games Vegeta and Piccolo held their own against the Cell Jr's, Piccolo has stated in the past that he spends his days training mostly intensely and Toriyama has stated in Chozenshu 1 that Piccolo trains when there are no battles or on days off suggesting that training is all he does.
Chapter: 333 (DBZ 139), P8.1
Gohan: “So, do you still spend every day in intense training?”
Piccolo: “More or less…”
With 7 years of training I don't see why Piccolo wouldn't have surpassed the level of a Cell Jr by the Buu Arc.
Yeah, I know that Piccolo trains, that's for sure. I just don't think he really surpassed by a lot a Cell Jr level since he's supposed to be on a different level way below Supreme Kai, who is weaker than Cell Games Goku. And I think the reason why Piccolo held his own against the Cell Jr was because they were holding back, and Cell only said Trunks and Vegeta were the ones who are able to fight them, so I put Cell Games Piccolo a lot below the Cell Jr. Though I think his Buu arc version and the Cell Jr are equals.