DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Patient-mental
Beyond Newbie

Re: DBZ: Ultimate Blast/Tenkaichi (Pre-Release Discussion)

Post by Patient-mental » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 pm

FINALLY, a Dragon Ball Z game.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:I like, how they use old Opening footage and redrawn it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBAkUujFY8

@0:08 Makafushigi Adventure Reference
@0:30 DB Heroes charas a little grown up, somethig reminds me of DBKai Dragon Soul
@0:45 Shenlong appears like in CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA (first opening)
@0:52 DBKAI Opening
@1:27 dat Ki-Charging, who doesn't know this one?
@1:34 Dragon Fist aka (Sho)Ryuken like in the movie.
@1:40 epic picture
The Ki-charging part is a reference to the 1st Cha-La-Head-Cha-La opening, where Goku was holding up his hands as he was powering up. *Or* it could be when SSJ Goku was powering up against Perfect Cell.

EDIT: Hmmm seems I mis-read your question... or something. lol I still need to wake up.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:41 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:
Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:I like, how they use old Opening footage and redrawn it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBAkUujFY8

@0:08 Makafushigi Adventure Reference
@0:30 DB Heroes charas a little grown up, somethig reminds me of DBKai Dragon Soul
@0:45 Shenlong appears like in CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA (first opening)
@0:52 DBKAI Opening
@1:27 dat Ki-Charging, who doesn't know this one?
@1:34 Dragon Fist aka (Sho)Ryuken like in the movie.
@1:40 epic picture
The Ki-charging part is a reference to the 1st Cha-La-Head-Cha-La opening, where Goku was holding up his hands as he was powering up. *Or* it could be when SSJ Goku was powering up against Perfect Cell.

EDIT: Hmmm seems I mis-read your question... or something. lol I still need to wake up.
It was a rethorical question, of course I'm know this.
According to the no SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta part, someone could simply edit this, but I'm not sure.
Some characters don't have base form appearently. Teen Gohan and Gotenks are some examples. Not sure, if this is legit.
Game still looks uninteresting for me. I think, the meta, if there is gonna be a metagame and a "competitive" community aka online players, will look like ultra turtling for punishing mistakes and counter them by attacking at their back.

Yes, I'm pessimistic on this game.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:00 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Not that I really care anymore. Judging from the recent reveals and rumors, I'm just expecting a very disappointing roster. Adding up the base slots, we only have one more space on the selection screen than we had in Raging Blast 1, and even then some of the characters seemed to have lost some of their forms (like base Gotenks and Cell Arc Gohan). I can't beleive they haven't freaking learned that you don't remove content and still expect the fans to be happy? Roster cuts are horrible to a series that basically lived off of the reputation for having a lot of them.
I find that hard to believe that Ultimate Blast doesn't have enough space left. I mean the last time we've had a complete roster of over 100 characters was Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which was on PS2 console. Now we don't have enough space for 4 more characters (base Teen Gohan, base form Gotenks, and SSJ4 Goku & Vegeta) on PS3. This is PS3 we are talking about here. How can PS3, which is vastly superior to PS2 in every aspect, including space, not be able to add 4 mere characters?

More to the "base form Gohan" point, I highly doubt they won't include him. It would make them look so pathetic for adding SSJ2 Gohan without a base form. For every characters to have base forms except Teen Gohan, I find that highly skeptical.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:23 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Not that I really care anymore. Judging from the recent reveals and rumors, I'm just expecting a very disappointing roster. Adding up the base slots, we only have one more space on the selection screen than we had in Raging Blast 1, and even then some of the characters seemed to have lost some of their forms (like base Gotenks and Cell Arc Gohan). I can't beleive they haven't freaking learned that you don't remove content and still expect the fans to be happy? Roster cuts are horrible to a series that basically lived off of the reputation for having a lot of them.
I find that hard to believe that Ultimate Blast doesn't have enough space left. I mean the last time we've had a complete roster of over 100 characters was Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which was on PS2 console. Now we don't have enough space for 4 more characters (base Teen Gohan, base form Gotenks, and SSJ4 Goku & Vegeta) on PS3. This is PS3 we are talking about here. How can PS3, which is vastly superior to PS2 in every aspect, including space, not be able to add 4 mere characters?

More to the "base form Gohan" point, I highly doubt they won't include him. It would make them look so pathetic for adding SSJ2 Gohan without a base form. For every characters to have base forms except Teen Gohan, I find that highly skeptical.
They could always pull a Mortal Kombat and add in the additional slots as you unlock them.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:30 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:

They could always pull a Mortal Kombat and add in the additional slots as you unlock them.
^ This. Guys, we have to look at it this way, this isnt even the full game. There is no way someone got the full game this early. We will just have to wait it out instead of complaining.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:37 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:They could always pull a Mortal Kombat and add in the additional slots as you unlock them.
I've continiously said that I wouldn't mind being proven wrong and surprised, but we've pretty much always known every character in Spike's games before release, and with only a month to go before it hits basically everyone's stores but Japan's, the game is basically finished. Judging by who we know is in the game, and who we've been told is in the game, the numbers basically add up with the roster screen that we were shown. I wouldn't be surprised if that was it...
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:

Uses DVDs.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm

More rumors on the incomplete character roster. List is found here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/d1puuq, but I cleaned it up a bit. Still unsure if the list meant everyone has their base forms or not after that last video with the opening.

"Currently Confirmed Characters"
Goku (SS, SS2, SS3)
Vegeta (SS, SSg2, SS2, Demon Prince)
Kid Son Gohan
Preteen Son Gohan (SS,SS2)
Teen Son Gohan (SS, SS2, Ultimate)
Future Son Gohan (SS)
Future Trunks w/ Sword (SS)
Future Trunks (SS, SSg3)
Kid Trunks (SS)
Son Goten (SS)
Piccolo
Kuririn
Yamcha
Tenshinhan
Chaozu
Videl
Uub
Gogeta
Paikuhan
Gotenks (SS , SS3)
Vegetto
Saibaman
Radditz
Nappa
Prince Vegeta
Bardock
Zarbon
Dodoria
Raecoom
Butta
Jheese
Ginyu
Freeza (1st Form, 2nd Form, 3rd Form , Final Form, 100 % Power)
Jinzoningen 16
Jinzoningen 17
Jinzoningen 18
Jinzoningen 19
Jinzoningen 20
Cell (1st Form, 2nd Form, Perfect, Super Perfect)
Cell Jr
Buu -- Fat? Pure?
Majin Buu -- Fat? Pure?
Super Buu (Gotenks Merged, Gohan Merged)
Broly (SS, "LSS")
Janemba (Final Form)

Oozaru Prince Vegeta
Super Oozaru Bebi Vegeta

Every thing is just one big contradiction...maybe they just enjoy fucking with us? This supposed list includes 46 characters and 2 bosses, which is already higher than the base 44 we saw in the video. So is the video right? Is this guy right? Regardless, I'm still disappointed as I lost most of my favorite characters from RB2...and the SS4 rumor still isn't contradicted by another Namdai/Spike source.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 pm

No choice as to wait for now. We can still be disappointed when the game is out and all information is 100% valid.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: * Xbox360 *

Uses DVDs.
Now with a whopping 9GB! .....huh....that's still less than 25, though, right?

(Still, being an anime game made in Japan, i wonder if they really give much of a crap about the 360 port? Being as they don't seem to care too much about the game itself to begin with)

I think that the "confirmation" that super saiyan 4 Goku isn't in the game is kinda bullshit. (and i don't really care who it came from, i've seen CEOs give out half-truths and omite stuff about their games before...yes Hiroshi Matsuyama, i'm pointing at you)
Someone jump out and correct me if i'm wrong.....but i'm pretty sure i saw a GOLDEN OOZARU BABY boss battle in the game. I didn't just imagine that? ....And unless Goku fuses with Baby, Gogeta can't appear in that fight (with half of Gogeta being the enemy and all)

And from the opening, we're all counting on a battle with Yi Xing Long.....which doesn't actually start (or end) with Gogeta.

Am i saying that Spike uses logic all the time? No. Is this post filled with wishful thinking? Very much so :mrgreen:
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Aside from the SSJ4 situation i like everyone else love the intro and i love even more how Goku's gi changes when he goes SSJ3 from Freeza arc to Boo arc style.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:51 pm

I am really curious how SSJ4 auras will turn out to look. And I hope Gogeta's is different (with glitter) than SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta's.

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Even if the roster turns out to be half poo, I'm still buying this game out of character creation and the animated scenes. Also it's got Uub at least, so hurray for that.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Rukura wrote:I think that the "confirmation" that super saiyan 4 Goku isn't in the game is kinda bullshit. (and i don't really care who it came from, i've seen CEOs give out half-truths and omite stuff about their games before...yes Hiroshi Matsuyama, i'm pointing at you)
Someone jump out and correct me if i'm wrong.....but i'm pretty sure i saw a GOLDEN OOZARU BABY boss battle in the game. I didn't just imagine that? ....And unless Goku fuses with Baby, Gogeta can't appear in that fight (with half of Gogeta being the enemy and all)

And from the opening, we're all counting on a battle with Yi Xing Long.....which doesn't actually start (or end) with Gogeta.

Am i saying that Spike uses logic all the time? No. Is this post filled with wishful thinking? Very much so :mrgreen:
First, I'd just like to point out that I never said the video gave us the final roster, just that it MAY be the final roster. I've clearly said all this stuff is just rumors until confirmed, but there is some evidence to support it. In my original posts, I stated that I know reps don't always tell the truth, but that Tony has been the one telling us practically everything we learned about the game before the videos or scans (like the only males Saiyans in CaC, 3 body types for said Saiyans, trailer dates, etc.). Not saying he's infallible, or not keeping some secrets, but it seemed like a safer bet to trust him more than the word of pretty much anyone else talking about the game. lol I only like dealing with facts I'm given. Doing that will keep expectations low and then surprises can make me happy, but if I make wild assumptions that don't come true...well then, major disappointment all around. lol I honestly hope he's just not allowed to talk about it...

Yes, the Super Oozaru Bebi fight is in the game, but we also only saw it as part of the Hero Mode. That could be twisted to mean he's only able to be fought in that mode, but the fight mimics his battle with SS4 Goku too much for that to be true. lol Yi Xing Long has been said to be in the game since the beginning, as they said the story (presumably with animated cutscenes) will cover from Raditz to Buu, but you can fight all the way to the battle with Yi Xing Long (with just in-game stuff I guess).

--

I honestly am starting to think we may just be getting trolled really hard. The same guy who posted the confirmed characters above is being asked on Twitter if we are getting SS4 Goku and Vegeta, and keeps saying he can't talk about more than what they allow him to talk about...which doesn't sound like a no, it sounds like typical "you'll see them when we want you to" speech.
http://twitter.com/#!/NBG_Valero/status ... 8111000576
http://twitter.com/#!/NBG_Valero/status ... 1089149953

Here's to hoping, I don't want to be disappointed... lol

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:21 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:First, I'd just like to point out that I never said the video gave us the final roster, just that it MAY be the final roster. I've clearly said all this stuff is just rumors until confirmed, but there is some evidence to support it. In my original posts, I stated that I know reps don't always tell the truth, but that Tony has been the one telling us practically everything we learned about the game before the videos or scans (like the only males Saiyans in CaC, 3 body types for said Saiyans, trailer dates, etc.). Not saying he's infallible, or not keeping some secrets, but it seemed like a safer bet to trust him more than the word of pretty much anyone else talking about the game. lol I only like dealing with facts I'm given. Doing that will keep expectations low and then surprises can make me happy, but if I make wild assumptions that don't come true...well then, major disappointment all around. lol I honestly hope he's just not allowed to talk about it...

Yes, the Super Oozaru Bebi fight is in the game, but we also only saw it as part of the Hero Mode. That could be twisted to mean he's only able to be fought in that mode, but the fight mimics his battle with SS4 Goku too much for that to be true. lol Yi Xing Long has been said to be in the game since the beginning, as they said the story (presumably with animated cutscenes) will cover from Raditz to Buu, but you can fight all the way to the battle with Yi Xing Long (with just in-game stuff I guess).

--

I honestly am starting to think we may just be getting trolled really hard. The same guy who posted the confirmed characters above is being asked on Twitter if we are getting SS4 Goku and Vegeta, and keeps saying he can't talk about more than what they allow him to talk about...which doesn't sound like a no, it sounds like typical "you'll see them when we want you to" speech.
http://twitter.com/#!/NBG_Valero/status ... 8111000576
http://twitter.com/#!/NBG_Valero/status ... 1089149953

Here's to hoping, I don't want to be disappointed... lol
I wanna start by saying this...i hope you didn't think i was questioning you or anything you had said, because that's not what i was going for. If i sounded like an ass in my post, i apologize.

BUT, the reason i posted that, was because in posts after that rep's update, everyone seemed to have taken it at face value and ran with it. NOW it seems like he's taking that "i can't say yes or no" stance...but that earlier post clearly said that Gogeta was the only SS4...that seems like a big jump to me.

PS: The listing for Ultimate Tenkaichi on Namco's european site still says, and i quote, "Featuring the original Japanese voiceover and MUSIC". What's the status on that right now?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Unlikely given that all the non-Japanese preview videos feature either recycled Yamamoto videogame music or new music in his style... I wouldn't know the difference.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:33 pm

@rukura: Boohan was in Raging Blast without Gohan being in the game.....although I DO want all 3 SS4s in the game.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Rukura wrote: PS: The listing for Ultimate Tenkaichi on Namco's european site still says, and i quote, "Featuring the original Japanese voiceover and MUSIC". What's the status on that right now?
Only Japan gets Kikuchi's score. They either meant the series' score in the very first scan literally and have corrected themselves or just new "original" music created solely for the game outside of Japan, the latter being the more realistic option.
Last edited by InfernalVegito on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Rukura wrote:I wanna start by saying this...i hope you didn't think i was questioning you or anything you had said, because that's not what i was going for. If i sounded like an ass in my post, i apologize.

BUT, the reason i posted that, was because in posts after that rep's update, everyone seemed to have taken it at face value and ran with it. NOW it seems like he's taking that "i can't say yes or no" stance...but that earlier post clearly said that Gogeta was the only SS4...that seems like a big jump to me.

PS: The listing for Ultimate Tenkaichi on Namco's european site still says, and i quote, "Featuring the original Japanese voiceover and MUSIC". What's the status on that right now?
No no, just putting it out there. I know how some of these things can come back to bite the messenger in the ass. I wasn't advertising them as fact, or at least not trying to. lol I'm just delivering rumors and pointing things out so we can have a discussion.

BTW, two different reps. Tony was the one who made the SS4 Gogeta comment on Facebook, Jose was the one who posted the character list and is talking about SS4 Goku and Vegeta on Twitter.

Well, the earlier video of the opening was from France (the game used "Freezer" on the HUD"), and if you listen past all the crappy noise, you can hear Cha-La Head-Cha-La. So it seems Europe, or at least parts of it, may be retaining the original score. That said, Tony did say earlier that there were legal issues with using the song outside of Japan. That and all the English videos have featured non Kageyama/Kikuchi songs, so who knows...