Dragonball Kai Part 5 & 6 Walmart Bundle Announced

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragonball Kai Part 5 & 6 Walmart Bundle Announced

Post by Budogenkai » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 am

per mania.com

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=107711
Walmart.com has given a possible glimpse of 2 of the soliciations for September. Judging from the bundle exclusive, it's likely that Dragon Ball Z Kai, Part 6 will be released in September.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16677132
Dragon Ball Z Kai, Parts 5 & 6 Boxset (DVD) [Wal-mart exclusive] - MSRP $69.96 - 650 minutes - 9/13/11

Great for those who have wanted a confirmation of this, I'm sure I know Drabaz will get it :P
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragonball Kai Part 5 & 6 Walmart Bundle Announced

Post by funrush » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I don't think I'll buy this. But this gives us a general idea of when Part 6 is coming out. And we now know that Part 6 will be 13 episodes. That leaves us with either Part 7 and 8 to each have 10 episodes, or Part 7 to have 13 episodes and Part 8 to have 7. I think it's probably the former.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Jeez louise papa cheese. Part 7 and 8!?! Dammit, They should put way more episodes in a "part" than just 13.. They should just name it Dragon Ball Z Kai Tiny Bit 5 and Tiny Bit 6.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Those bundles piss me off, the packaging sucks and it seems like the walmart employees don't handle it right which causes it to get damaged easily. I once bought the season 7 & 8 bundle and each one had dents and rips on the outer slip covers.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Jeez louise papa cheese. Part 7 and 8!?! Dammit, They should put way more episodes in a "part" than just 13.. They should just name it Dragon Ball Z Kai Tiny Bit 5 and Tiny Bit 6.
Thirteen is the R1 standard for new series releases. Three years ago the standard was still four or five episodes and was the way for ten years.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Budogenkai wrote:Great for those who have wanted a confirmation of this, I'm sure I know Drabaz will get it :P
Hahaha yea right! I only got the other bundles because they were so cheap. $60? I think I'll take my chances and wait for a price drop.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Drabaz wrote:
Budogenkai wrote:Great for those who have wanted a confirmation of this, I'm sure I know Drabaz will get it :P
Hahaha yea right! I only got the other bundles because they were so cheap. $60? I think I'll take my chances and wait for a price drop.
That's true, $60 for a bundle does seem like a lot. No doubt walmart will price drop it though.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:54 pm

funrush wrote:I don't think I'll buy this. But this gives us a general idea of when Part 6 is coming out. And we now know that Part 6 will be 13 episodes. That leaves us with either Part 7 and 8 to each have 10 episodes, or Part 7 to have 13 episodes and Part 8 to have 7. I think it's probably the former.
There's always the possibility that they'll make Part 7 a 20 Episode Final Set with 3 Discs.

funrush

Post by funrush » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:22 am

Gozar wrote:
funrush wrote:I don't think I'll buy this. But this gives us a general idea of when Part 6 is coming out. And we now know that Part 6 will be 13 episodes. That leaves us with either Part 7 and 8 to each have 10 episodes, or Part 7 to have 13 episodes and Part 8 to have 7. I think it's probably the former.
There's always the possibility that they'll make Part 7 a 20 Episode Final Set with 3 Discs.
I really hope that's what they do, as long as they don't raise the price too much.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Checking the price on walmart right now, it looks like it's plummeted to a cool $24.96 for the two. Sounds like a deal to me :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Such a good deal. Shame they never do these bundles for Blu-Ray, but I'm not buying the series again on DVD.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I understand why people buy these bundles because of the cheap price, but FUNimation eventually will release these in 26(?) episode box sets, which will probably have mistakes corrected and such. So I'm just going to wait for those.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 pm

...But at the same time, probably having the Kikuchi score.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 am

$24.96 you say? Ooh. Oooooh. Oooooooooh! So tempting. I might as well get this one since I have the other bundles. Do you think that if I ever try to sell these in the future, people will think they're bootlegs? :P I don't ever plan on selling them, but I don't think a lot of people know about these bundles lol.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:33 pm

I seriously need to pick up parts 1,2,3,4 lol...
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Kinda behind on this news, so I'm curious: is the packaging for this completely different from the separate 13-episode sets? Looking at Walmart's other bundles, it looks like they take either box art from one of the according sets and changes the text slightly to include the according episodes. So is it one slightly larger box with all the thinpacks from the other sets, both sets put in another slightly bigger box, or something else entirely?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:25 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Kinda behind on this news, so I'm curious: is the packaging for this completely different from the separate 13-episode sets? Looking at Walmart's other bundles, it looks like they take either box art from one of the according sets and changes the text slightly to include the according episodes. So is it one slightly larger box with all the thinpacks from the other sets, both sets put in another slightly bigger box, or something else entirely?
Check out this thread for images of the Walmart Bundles for Parts 1 & 2, and 3 & 4.

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... 4&start=40