What would be your ultimate game?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta Jr
Regular

What would be your ultimate game?

Post by Vegeta Jr » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Infinite World, Budokai 3 and Burst Limit all rolled up into one for me:

Infinite World:
Roster + the omitted ones from 3 and any other major characters not in either game
Customisation
Ultimates (for every character) but the extra characters have the defence minigame, they would all be cutscenes aswell.
Aura Burst (the ability to dash fast, use the heavy smash and knockback moves not Aura Burning)
Second throw

Budokai 3:
Story mode but with Burst Limit's cutscenes
World Tournament Mode
Dragon Arena
Give Dragon Rush finishers as selectable Ultimates
Beam Struggles
Item Capsules

Burst Limit:
Graphics
Aura Spark + Pursuit
Dynamic stages
Ki system but Supers and Ki blasts cost Ki
Drama Pieces, they would however act more like MVC assists
Gameplay speed
Online, includes tournament mode and spectator mode
Transformations

Extras:
All alt costumes that the characters wear in the manga/anime.

Kaboom

Re: What would be your ultimate game?

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:36 pm

It may not be the "ultimate" game for me or anyone else, but I still really want a GT-centric game (that isn't Final Bout). GT's story may be... eh, but there's a LOT of untapped potential in there when it comes to characters (Redgic and Rild, dagnabit), places, and matchups.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Kaboom wrote:It may not be the "ultimate" game for me or anyone else, but I still really want a GT-centric game (that isn't Final Bout). GT's story may be... eh, but there's a LOT of untapped potential in there when it comes to characters (Redgic and Rild, dagnabit), places, and matchups.
There's always Transformation. Ehehehe... :(

My ultimate game would be Super Dragon Ball Z 2. Online play, more characters, stages, etc.

*sigh* A man can dream...
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:59 am

I would love the next Dragonball 3DS game to be a sequel to Advance Adventure. Imagine seeing stunning 3D visuals in the background while running through a platformer/beat 'em up hybrid game.

I would buy a game like that on release day.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Kaboom wrote:It may not be the "ultimate" game for me or anyone else, but I still really want a GT-centric game (that isn't Final Bout). GT's story may be... eh, but there's a LOT of untapped potential in there when it comes to characters (Redgic and Rild, dagnabit), places, and matchups.
How would that work, though? I don't know that it could necessarily be combat-based, because all people would ask in a GT fighter is Where's DragonBall Z? Just like people have been asking Where's my fucking GT? for the past three years of the Raging Blast series. People may be smart, but fans tent to be dumb just like that.

"Untapped potential" meaning what? That they rewrite it? Or just utilize more characters?

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Budokai 3 port for 360 with some.....modifications...

- Roster including: Every official and what-if character/form from the Budokai, Sparking, and Raging Blast series'.
- Customizable custumes for each character.
- A good create-a-character mode (emphasis on the "good" part).
- Ultimate Blast graphics.
- Hours worth of cutscenes, all new animation.

It said ultimate, not realistic. :P

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm

I think Vegeta Jr. did it for me. The one thing that needs to be answered is how Ki is going to work; remove Ki and your game becomes a beam spam, tie too much to it and you power up to much. I've seen hardcore Budokai 3 players find ways to sneak a quick power up between attacks, ideally you'd be able to power up on the fly like that.

But I've got to say, a Shin Budokai-styled Dragon Ball Fighter with assists (Particularly two or three) is just drool-worthy. It'd be a fustercluck like no other.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:30 pm

For me, it's gonna be a competitive game with diverse, unique characters, solid base combat mechanics and a reasonable roster (at least 22 base characters with the most important charas). Story mode could be in, but I don't really need this. I just wanna have matchups ect...

PS: This thread does contains my wishes for the next or ultimate DBZ game:
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... 11&t=18388
DBZ UT isn't satisfying...
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:58 pm

I wouldn't mind any Dragon Ball game really, as long as it disassociates itself with mashing of any sort (besides breaking out of dizziness, maybe). Mashing and minigames are not measures of players' skill.
Last edited by Savage68 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:09 pm

A Dragon Ball Z RPG would be lovely. Like, something similar to The Legendary Super Saiyan for SNES, with the random battles and many other things, but without the use of cards. As much as I love DBZ fighting games, I'd prefer some variety once in awhile.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:A Dragon Ball Z RPG would be lovely. Like, something similar to The Legendary Super Saiyan for SNES, with the random battles and many other things, but without the use of cards. As much as I love DBZ fighting games, I'd prefer some variety once in awhile.
Err... maybe something like "Attack of the Saiyans"...? :)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Ha! I totally forgot about Attack of the Saiyans. That's a much better example than what I mentioned.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:How would that work, though? I don't know that it could necessarily be combat-based, because all people would ask in a GT fighter is Where's DragonBall Z?
Well, at the very least, the story elements would dictate that some past villains like Freeza and Cell would appear. I guess that's ONE potential benefit of the Super 17 arc and all its revival shenanigans.
"Untapped potential" meaning what? That they rewrite it? Or just utilize more characters?
Utilize more characters, places, stories, etc... just something different instead of the same ol' "Raditz-to-Cell/Boo" story that 4 out of 5 DB games always have.

Potential characters previously unplayable:

Redgic
Mutchy
Para Para Brothers
Lood
General Rild
Sigma Cannon Squad robot(s)
GT Goten / Trunks / Gotenks
Baby (not "Baby-Vegeta")
Several remaining Evil Dragons

Potential stages previously unused:
Goku and Oob's specially-built training room (from episode 1)
Planet Imegga (night stage, two big full red moons!)
Planet Lood (is that what it's called?)
Planet Bihey (imagine all the Muma burrowing around in the background!)
M-2 (An airborne combat-centric stage centered around Rild's giant tower)
Baby's maturation chamber (wide-open spaces and some pretty freaky background effects)
New Planet Tsufru (with the full Earth visible in the background)
The depths of Hell (where Goku fought Cell and Freeza)
Negative Energy-blighted Earth (where the sky is all rainbow-colored for the Evil Dragons fights)
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I'd go for a GT game just for the fact that everybody changed their clothes instead of the endless parade of orange gis and blue spandex.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 pm

wannywan wrote:I would love the next Dragonball 3DS game to be a sequel to Advance Adventure. Imagine seeing stunning 3D visuals in the background while running through a platformer/beat 'em up hybrid game.

I would buy a game like that on release day.
Make that two of us.

I was excited to hear about the announced Dragon Ball game for 3DS from Namco-Bandai at least a year ago. I now have a 3DS myself, so that would definitely be something I would reserve.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:33 am

I am not gonna lie, I'm a major character whore. The fact that the number has decreased since Sparking! Meteor has been kinda weird for me, and is partially why I'm not really into any of the newer games. Fighting system wise, I again probably like Sparking's the best, but I really don't mind. I wouldn't mind seeing another Super Dragon Ball Z style classic fighter again, as long as it has hundreds of characters for me to pleasure myself with.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:46 pm

I would be very happy if they remake Sparking! METEOR for PS3(or anything else, I only have PS3) with the same gameplay, limitless stages, same characters (+ the Raging Blast 2 new characters, more DB, DBGT and Movie characters, SSJ3 Vegeta, Broli and Trunks, SSJ Bardock, Yamhan, Gotan, Boo's Budokai 2 absorbtions, Cell(Kurrirn absorbed), Bio-Broli and Kuriza), Ultimate Blast graffics and giant boss battles(+ Giant Piccolo, Giant Bio-Broli and 10th Anniversary Black in his machine boss fights), Raging Blast 2 Ultimate moves cutscenes and an improved Ultimate Blast character with Saiyans (Male & Female, plus the ability to remove the tails), Nameks, Majins (Fat Male & Slim Female) and Freeza Clan members, and put some Dragon Ball Online elements on the Created Characters. If a game like that would be made, it would be the ultimate DBZ game for me.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Copy and paste from Ideal Dragonball Game thread

A serious fighter with Dragon Ball characters (no Z or GT), with an extremely deep Budokai fighting system (as deep as Tekken, SC, VF, DOA, etc.)
Start from the beginning of DB the Piccolo Jr. saga.
Roster:

Kid Goku
Kid Krillin
Master Roshi (Young Roshi & Jackie can be costumes.)
Yamcha
Tenshinhan
Tao (Cyborg Tao can be a costume)
Blue
Kami
King Piccolo
Piccolo
Crane Hermit
Murasaki
Master Mutaito
Android 8
Major Metalitron
Yajirobe
Tambourine
Nam
King Choppa
Adult Goku
Adult Krillin
Mr. Satan (however old he was back then)
Videl (she'd fit in)
Kid ChiChi
Adult ChiChi
Ox King

funrush

Post by funrush » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Zephyr wrote:Budokai 3 port for 360 with some.....modifications...

- Roster including: Every official and what-if character/form from the Budokai, Sparking, and Raging Blast series'.
- Customizable custumes for each character.
- A good create-a-character mode (emphasis on the "good" part).
- Ultimate Blast graphics.
- Hours worth of cutscenes, all new animation.

It said ultimate, not realistic. :P
This.

Also, I would love an RPG like Attack of the Saiyans that starts from the beginning of DB and ends at the end of Z/GT.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:A Dragon Ball Z RPG would be lovely. Like, something similar to The Legendary Super Saiyan for SNES, with the random battles and many other things, but without the use of cards. As much as I love DBZ fighting games, I'd prefer some variety once in awhile.
Err... maybe something like "Attack of the Saiyans"...? :)
Attack of the Saiyans looks like a great RPG Dragon Ball Kai / Z, but it only covers the Saiyajin saga no Freeza, Cell nor Majin Boo. :?

Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butôden is a fighting DBK game that features from the Saiyajins saga to Majin Boo, I tried playing it on PC with Desmume (With the Eng patch) for 5mins (or less) but couldn't get used to the controls, plus the frame rate wasn't good neither that I had.

Interestingly, Kaiô-sama is a playable character to fight with, anyone got vids? :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray