How many times have you watched Dragonball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

skatezeppelin
Beyond Newbie

How many times have you watched Dragonball?

Post by skatezeppelin » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:45 am

I have watched Dragonball through GT about 4 times. I saw all of Z on TV. What about you guys?
I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Re: How many times have you watched Dragonball?

Post by Akumaito Beam » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:12 am

That's actually a really good question. I tend to watch the early parts over and over again because when I get the itch to watch or read Dragonball I try to progress from episode/chapter 1 onwards but a lot of the time I lose interest or something comes up midway through. That leads me to have watched the Pilaf through early Red Ribbon stuff and Saiyan to Namek arcs a lot more than the Baba to 23rd and Cell to Boo arcs. Incidentally this is also why I've delivered Oak's Parcel fourteen thousand times.

As a whole I really don't think I've ever sat down and watched both Dragonball series from beginning to end. I'm confident I've seen every episode but not in order. I believe I've read the manga once through when I was initially picking up volumes but like the anime I don't think I've ever progressed from chapter 1 to the final chapter after that point. Even in my initial read through I skipped a volume of the Saiyan and Cell arcs (volumes 3 and 19 if anyone was curious, I'm baffled as to why I remember this.)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Well in the beginning I watched all of Dragonball and Z Then GT when it aired on toonami. Then in the middle of the Toonami stage, I watched the VHS tapes :lol: Then the DVD'S, Then I bought those orange brick sets, watched them at-least 4 time's maybe? Then I got the first Dragonbox and watched all of it :lol: I try to at least watch Dragonball Z Once every year.
Oh also i forgot. When I watched it on Toonami and when they would get to the end of a season, they would repeat all the old episode's again until, A new season came out :lol: also watched the ultimate uncut version, plus all 53 episodes of the ocean dub when it first came out. Then all of Kai. I'm not sure How many time's I have went through the whole series :lol: Too many damn times lol
Last edited by samuraix123 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:23 am

I watched Dragon Ball 2 times, DBZ 3 times, DBGT 2 times, DB Kai one time, and DBZ Abridged multiple times.

I'm currently watching the series in it's entirety with my boyfriend. We're skipping a lot of filler episodes though.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:45 am

I've seen Dragon Ball twice, Dragon Ball GT twice, Kai once and Dragon Ball Z countless times.

DarkGokuZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by DarkGokuZ » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 am

I have never seen all episodes of DB or DBZ. I have seen all episodes of GT, and the first 100 episodes of Z. After that I have just seen some episodes here and there, but I have seen the most of Z by now.
digireign wrote: I vote to call it "Super Cyan."

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:25 pm

DB: Once (Mix of sub/dub). Will watch again if a US DB Dbox comes out.

DBZ: I've seen certain episodes multiple times, but I'm gonna estimate the entire series at least 3 times via fansubs, VHS, dvds, etc. 4 times when Dbox 7 comes out.

DBGT: I've only seen scattered episodes here and there, so zero times to be accurate. Will watch in it's entirety if a US DBGT Dbox comes out.

DBKai: Once in JP and up to Freeza in English.

Movies/Specials: At least 3-4 times each.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:14 pm

DB: 2 : Once on the internet and once on my friends season sets. I still don't own it because I want a Dragon Box.
DBZ: about 3 : Once on my friends season sets, then I got my own season sets and watched them again. After realizing my folly, I bought DBoxes and watched it all again. I might watch it again in Japanaese if I can just get used to it. :?
DBGT: 1: Once on the internet. I know, I am a terrible person for watching these things on the internet, but I really didn't want to buy the season sets, and now after I've watched it, I definitely won't be getting the season sets. I will wait for a GT DBox.
Movies/Specials: about 4: Once on singles and about 3 times on steelbooks.

Of course, I've seen some episodes, movies and TV specials more than others, but that's a rough estimate. If and when Dragonball and GT Dragon Boxes come out, I will try my best to go through the whole thing in Japanese.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:36 pm

I've only watched through the entire DB series once. Still working on finishing up my Z collection before moving onto GT.

I have, however, just recently completely read through the manga.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:47 pm

I have watched through the entire Dragon Ball series twice. Once back in the early 2000s when I watched it on TV and rented the DVDs (this was a mix of dub and sub) and the second time was just a couple of years ago once again renting the whole series watching the whole series subbed.

Dragon Ball Z I watched the whole series once in the early 2000s and watched up to Season 6 of the Orange Bricks. I guess that makes it fully one time.

Dragon Ball GT I watched the whole series once in the mid 2000s and watched the whole series in 2008/2009 when the Green bricks were coming out.

Dragon Ball Kai: Watched the Japanese version fully, watched the Nicktoons version (up to the most recent episode) and watched the CW up to its most recent episode.
Last edited by PuppetDoctor on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

DB - Two times
Z- A billion times
GT- Three times

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Watched dbz once via the season sets in the original japanese with subs and am now reading the dragon ball manga.

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:53 pm

I went through DB/Z/GT in succesion twice, I think. I've gotten through Kai in its "entirety" once, and I've seen GT on its own four or five times now.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Dragonball maybe 3 times
Dragonball Z probably twice
GT probably twice
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Brodes_Vegetto

Post by Brodes_Vegetto » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:14 pm

All the way through? I reckon
DB- 1
DBZ- 6 plus the multiple times watched at random
DBGT- 4 pus the multiple times watched at random
Brogetto

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Two times the whole story.... First time in french, german and english, second time completely in japanese.
So the whole series and chronologically, only once.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Hard to say, since I usually just watch a particular storyline or string of episodes.

I guess I've probably watched GT start to finish about three times. I also saw both Dragon Ball and Z all the way through during their Toonami airings.

Other than that, I'm going through all three series in order with my girlfriend, and we're currently at Goku's arrival on Namek. So there's another start-to-finish viewing for Dragon Ball (I was purchasing each season set as we went along). I've also been watching Z again with each new Dragon Box purchase, so that will be another (extremely paced out) viewing of the series once I get boxes six and seven. And I suppose when I finish up with the girlfriend, that'll make a third viewing for Z and a fourth or whatever for GT.

And I suppose you could add up all the times I've re-watched specific arcs, but it's not like I keep track. I can tell you I've seen the first arc of Dragon Ball, the Saiyan arc, the Namek arc and most of GT and disproportionate number of times though.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Man, I haven't even finished the entire anime once. ^^; I've watched the original Dragon Ball almost front to back once, but I skipped over some filler because I almost fell asleep during it. Z I'm barely halfway through, and I don't expect to finish it any time soon. GT... haven't watched it, probably won't.

As for the manga, I've probably read it front to back 2~3 times, while certain chapters or volumes I've read over a fair bit more, like most of the 21st~23rd Tenkaichi Budokai and the Piccolo Daimao arc, since those are some of my favorite points in the series.

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:13 am

I'm simply awestruck that most of you have a "watched" count over one. After going through the whole thing in order once, I've never done more than watched a specific arc or set of episodes, I don't "watch" the series all at once in chronological order the way I might watch something with 13 episodes or the way I watch films.

funrush

Post by funrush » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:56 am

I've seen about 50 episodes of "Z", almost all of "Kai", and I've read the entire manga several times.