Animation Changes

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:42 am

Dub Pokemon News Channel? I have no idea. I haven't heard anything so far. There might be a good chance since it's part of the Pokemon franchise and Pokemon stills seems to be doing quite well over here. I guess it would have more of a chance of getting picked up in comparison to some unknown anime, since network execs might consider it a sure thing because it's part of Pokemon. Who knows? We can hope anyway.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:58 am

There's a pokemon news channel TV show now? Anyway, if you want to get technical it's not "Ash/Satoshi" but "Satoshi / Ash". Fear my Japanese name first. I guess you can fear my spaces as well, but thats not really nessessary.

Satoshi / Ash did have a Scyther. For two minutes. He freaking threw a pokeball randomly. And then he gave it away to the first guy he saw. Something like that.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:13 pm

Oh ya, I remember that now! What an idiot! A Scyther is like one of the coolest Pokemons you can have! And yes there's now a show called "Pokemon News Channel" that's the show Kasumi's on now.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:49 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Otherwise we'd end up in this situation where we want to reveal our HARDCORE ANIME OKATU KNOWLEDGE while also secretly admitting that we are actually much more familiar with their English names.
Hey, I only put both names so that I don't start any trouble with stuck up people... I've seen only a few video clips and mp3s of stuff from the Japanese version.

Okay, okay, I'll come clean. That's exactly why I put the Japanese name first. :)

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:07 pm

Weekly Pokemon Broadcast Station (I remembered name!) is set in the Kanto and Johto regions, while everyone else is running around on Houen. It's usually hosted by Kasumi.

I believe it's usually a clip-show, or edited into parts versions of the movies and tv specials, but sometimes they have a "proper" episode in it, sometimes based around the Advance stuff. For instance, there was an episode with Takeshi trying to save Nibi Gym the week before he turns up in Houen.

This page contains some useful information, but doesn't seem to be working at the moment. This is a list of where WPBS episodes fit into the normal run of the series, if you're curious. And the whole site has some nice info on how the Japanese cartoon was changed for the US (and not in a preachy, twatty DBZOA-type manner either).