What happened to Buu and Babdi in Future Trunks timeline ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Monkey D Goku
Beyond Newbie

What happened to Buu and Babdi in Future Trunks timeline ?

Post by Monkey D Goku » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Okay so I was reading through the Dragonball Z timeline and I realized that Buu should have been awakened well before Future Trunks travels back in time. So what happened to Babdi and Buu did they not have enough energy to release Buu because of the androids killing all Z fighters or did they realize that the Earth was too dangerous at the time and left to go to another planet. Although this brings up the question couldn't Dabura have handled any threat at the time.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear Leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering - Yoda

I use to be a adventurer like you,till I took an arrow in the knee - Generic Skyrim Guard

Kaboom

Re: What happened to Buu and Babdi in Future Trunks timeline

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 pm

They probably skipped over Earth since there wouldn't be enough powerful people around (nor much of a population in general) to get energy for Boo.

If they were to "come back" at some point after Trunks' triumphant return to the future, however, they'd be in deep doo-doo. Trunks doesn't mess around, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's more than strong enough to charge through all of Bobbidi's henchmen, Dabra included, and prevent them from ever getting the energy they need.

Either way, it's very unlikely that Boo would be released at all. Unless he were "accidentally" released like Bobbidi and Dabra feared at a few points, in which case Trunks might just be able to beat him.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Play Shin Budokai 2 lol
You must have faith in who you are.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

dragondyle wrote:Play Shin Budokai 2 lol
Don't, just don't. Save yourself a cluserfuck of a headache... lol

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Maybe they showed up, but couldn't gather enough energy to release Buu. The Androids and Trunks (maybe Gohan too at this point? he was older than 7/8 when he died, I think...) would be the only significantly powerful fighters that could possibly be on Earth at the time (that we know of), and all of them put together wouldn't be enough to fill up Buu's ball if it took pretty much all of SSj2 Gohan's energy (plus who knows how much taken from random humans beforehand; is it ever stated that Gohan was the only person Spopovich and Yamu drained?) just to get it almost halfway. If he wasn't able to find enough energy to release Buu on Earth, probably took Buu's ball with him and tried to find some other planet to gather energy from.

Maybe one of the Androids killed Babidi before he was able to start draining anyone's energy. Dabura didn't travel with him everywhere when he showed up in the normal timeline, so it's entirely possible that he'd get ambushed and killed by them at a time when he's not around (or the only guy around is a wimp like Pui Pui or some random brainwashed human like Spopovich.)
It's also possible that, in Trunks's timeline, Babidi never managed to get Dabura on his side, and as a result he didn't have anyone strong enough to defend him from the Androids when he landed on Earth.

And if they showed up later, it's possible that Trunks would be able to beat them... probably not Dabura, though, unless Trunks got even stronger after returning to his own time after the Cell Games. And even if Trunks ended up dying, they still would be way short of the energy needed to revive Buu, so they'd probably leave in that case too.

Monkey D Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Monkey D Goku » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
dragondyle wrote:Play Shin Budokai 2 lol
Don't, just don't. Save yourself a cluserfuck of a headache... lol

I heard about shin budokai 2 and it's trunks what if sagas but I don't consider any of the video games canon except dragonball online.
Last edited by Monkey D Goku on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear Leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering - Yoda

I use to be a adventurer like you,till I took an arrow in the knee - Generic Skyrim Guard

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Well as the official explanation says they didn't show up due to the lack of energy on the Earth, I can only wonder if they found some other planet to release Buu down the road.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Monkey D Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Monkey D Goku » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Perfect wrote:Well as the official explanation says they didn't show up due to the lack of energy on the Earth, I can only wonder if they found some other planet to release Buu down the road.
Still can't help but wonder what happened to them maybe Kibito and Supreme Kai took care of business.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Dabra would have killed them both instantly.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Monkey D Goku wrote:Okay so I was reading through the Dragonball Z timeline and I realized that Buu should have been awakened well before Future Trunks travels back in time. So what happened to Babdi and Buu did they not have enough energy to release Buu because of the androids killing all Z fighters or did they realize that the Earth was too dangerous at the time and left to go to another planet. Although this brings up the question couldn't Dabura have handled any threat at the time.
Are we assuming that Dabura allied with Babidi? Remember that a lot of things happened differently in Trunks' timeline and should be considered an alternate universe. In Trunks' timeline Gero was killed while he was human yet in Goku's timeline Gero lived up to the 3 years the Z-Fighters were training for as an android. It's possible Dabura didn't get put under Babidi's spell. If he did? Then Trunks was probably strong enough to take him by that time. I doubt Trunks would have let up on his training because he probably thought there might be more enemies out there. He would have gotten to Buu's orb by himself and destroyed it because he is just one SSJ (Or SSJ2 depending on if he obtained it.) giving energy to Majin Buu, not 3 SSJ2's so Buu wouldn't have had enough energy from a single SSJ/SSJ2.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I think it can happen easily after Trunks returns. Before that, there wouldn't be such a power as SSJ2 to resurrect Buu, so Babidi either gave up his dreams or it simply took him many years to find this power. When Trunks returns and the world is rebuilt, Babidi could still be nearby waiting and searching the planet (and hiding from Kaioshin), and the Universe at the same time. I'm sure he expected it to take many years in the main timeline as well; it was just Gohan's power making things so easy and fast.
酷签名

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Dorexx wrote:I think it can happen easily after Trunks returns. Before that, there wouldn't be such a power as SSJ2 to resurrect Buu, so Babidi either gave up his dreams or it simply took him many years to find this power. When Trunks returns and the world is rebuilt, Babidi could still be nearby waiting and searching the planet (and hiding from Kaioshin), and the Universe at the same time. I'm sure he expected it to take many years in the main timeline as well; it was just Gohan's power making things so easy and fast.
I believe Babidi only wanted his minions to collect energy from normal people originally, but they stumbled upon Gohan so they collected a lot of energy quickly.

Monkey D Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Monkey D Goku » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:21 pm

I think I recall that Supreme Kai said the ball that contained Buu was brought to earth when the human race was still in it's infancy. Although this is from the anime funimation dub can anybody confirm if Supreme Kai said anything similar in the manga.

That means Babidi was not on earth at the time Supreme Kai left the ball. In the timeline we follow Supreme Kai mentions that Babidi showed up on earth and planned to continue what he father started but exactly when Babidi showed up we don't know. Also what were Supreme Kai and Kibito doing when the androids attacked you think they would be watching earth closely as the ball lies on that mortal planet.

Monkey D Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Monkey D Goku » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Dorexx wrote:I think it can happen easily after Trunks returns. Before that, there wouldn't be such a power as SSJ2 to resurrect Buu, so Babidi either gave up his dreams or it simply took him many years to find this power. When Trunks returns and the world is rebuilt, Babidi could still be nearby waiting and searching the planet (and hiding from Kaioshin), and the Universe at the same time. I'm sure he expected it to take many years in the main timeline as well; it was just Gohan's power making things so easy and fast.

Yes but as someone has mentioned Babidi plan was to have Spovovbitch and Yamu collect energy from normal humans. Even when Babidi injected the energy into Buu's ball they were surprised by the amount of energy collected and thought they had got it from millions of people.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Monkey D Goku wrote:
Yes but as someone has mentioned Babidi plan was to have Spovovbitch and Yamu collect energy from normal humans. Even when Babidi injected the energy into Buu's ball they were surprised by the amount of energy collected and thought they had got it from millions of people.
Hundreds of people, not millions.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 am

Saiga wrote:
Monkey D Goku wrote:
Hundreds of people, not millions.
Hundreds? Really? 999 people with an average powerlevel of 5 = 4,995. I don't think that would have been enough people. Even after absorbing all of Gohan's energy, which he was probably the third strongest person on the planet at the time, they only received half. And he was in SSJ2 at the time.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 am

Hitiro wrote:Hundreds? Really? 999 people with an average powerlevel of 5 = 4,995. I don't think that would have been enough people. Even after absorbing all of Gohan's energy, which he was probably the third strongest person on the planet at the time, they only received half. And he was in SSJ2 at the time.
Don't argue with him, he's just telling you what the manga itself says in that situation. lol If you have a problem with the number, go complain to Toriyama...though he is no longer accepting mail from fans.
Chapter: 449 (DBZ 255), P2.1-4
Context: after Babidi fills Boo’s ball with Gohan’s energy
Babidi: “Wh-what!? There’s this much energy after just 1 time…! We’ve already gathered close to half in one go…! [ ] How many hundreds of people did Yamu and Spopovitch gather this from!?
Dabra: “It will be alright. If we gather energy from the 3 on Stage 1 now, I think we’ll become close to full. If things go well, Majin Boo may be revived within the day.”

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:50 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Hitiro wrote:Hundreds? Really? 999 people with an average powerlevel of 5 = 4,995. I don't think that would have been enough people. Even after absorbing all of Gohan's energy, which he was probably the third strongest person on the planet at the time, they only received half. And he was in SSJ2 at the time.
Don't argue with him, he's just telling you what the manga itself says in that situation. lol If you have a problem with the number, go complain to Toriyama...though he is no longer accepting mail from fans.
Chapter: 449 (DBZ 255), P2.1-4
Context: after Babidi fills Boo’s ball with Gohan’s energy
Babidi: “Wh-what!? There’s this much energy after just 1 time…! We’ve already gathered close to half in one go…! [ ] How many hundreds of people did Yamu and Spopovitch gather this from!?
Dabra: “It will be alright. If we gather energy from the 3 on Stage 1 now, I think we’ll become close to full. If things go well, Majin Boo may be revived within the day.”
I guess but assuming they only had one day then getting through millions of people would take forever which is why Babidi said "Hundreds" instead of "Millions" also I assume Babidi doesn't really know how strong earthlings are anyway, though I guess he has some ball park figure seeing as he was surprised at how strong Goku and his gang were. And I'm pretty sure Babidi doesn't know exactly how much energy is needed to awaken Majin Boo.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 am

Hitiro wrote: I guess but assuming they only had one day then getting through millions of people would take forever which is why Babidi said "Hundreds" instead of "Millions" also I assume Babidi doesn't really know how strong earthlings are anyway, though I guess he has some ball park figure seeing as he was surprised at how strong Goku and his gang were. And I'm pretty sure Babidi doesn't know exactly how much energy is needed to awaken Majin Boo.
I was just quoting the manga, I agree that they wouldn't get that much energy from hundreds of humans. I think that it would take millions - billions.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!