Question about the master tapes Toei sends FUNi:

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Question about the master tapes Toei sends FUNi:

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:56 am

Are these "master tapes" in the form of VHS, or something else?
14 years later

Aurek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Aurek » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:18 am

I dont know much about this kind of thing but they couldent possibly be in VHS format. VHS is very low quality.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:20 pm

They're on Digibeta.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:54 pm

Daimao wrote:They're on Digibeta.
Thanks Daimao, I was hoping someone would say what the format of the "master tapes" are.
14 years later

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:05 pm

I have to disagree with anyone that says VHS is very low quality. VHS can be very good if not taped over everysingle day. If you tape sumthing once and let that be the end of it, it will usually be in very good quality for the next 5-10 years. Another reason why SOME Vhs's have bad quality is becasue they were made 20 years ago in sum crappy mitsubishi or sharp recorder.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:51 pm

gotenx wrote:I have to disagree with anyone that says VHS is very low quality. VHS can be very good if not taped over everysingle day. If you tape sumthing once and let that be the end of it, it will usually be in very good quality for the next 5-10 years. Another reason why SOME Vhs's have bad quality is becasue they were made 20 years ago in sum crappy mitsubishi or sharp recorder.
Necroposting is bad and you need to clean up your grammar.

Man, what is up with the people lately who simply cannot type properly? It's not that bloody hard.