New Jump Superstars pics?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

New Jump Superstars pics?

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:20 pm

I found these pictures of Jump Superstars while browsing around. Sorry if this is old. :?

http://www.jeux-france.com/images_3430.html

What sucks is that my DS got stolen, and though I have a PSP, I still miss my DS and wish I still had it. So many good games, including this one, coming out for the DS.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:02 am

They look pretty new. I'm liking what I've seen so far. It's a shame the game is unlikely to have an English release at this moment in time. I do intend to import it, but I can't read Kanji.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:25 am

Well considering a lot of the manga in there hasnt been released in the US yet.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Unsurprisingly, a lot of the characters in those screen-shots are unfamiliar to me. Could anyone help shed some light on the identities of some of them? Who, for instance, is that psychotic football player who appears in several of the pictures?

Some people I did recognize were Hikaru and Sai from Hikaru no Go. I wonder how they will fight? Yugi also appears to be in the game. Was it previously revealed that these characters would be in the game? This is the first I’ve seen of them.

Goku was the only DragonBall character I could find, but he was pretty much a given.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:39 pm

I think the football guy is a character from that football manga Jump has. I forgot its title...but I think Viz publishes it in English now. Before my subscription ended (which just happened to be around the last time they published Dragon Ball Z), I saw a preview of it in Shonen Jump. I think it's called Eyeshield or something.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:16 am

Eyeshield 21.

So does this game have a release date yet? It's one of the main reasons I bought a DS.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:33 am

I don't know if an official release date has been issued, but with all the information about it, I'm guessing this year, possibly next. I'm just waiting until this game and a bunch of other good games come out before I buy a replacement for my DS.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:30 am

I believe it's due out on August 8th (JPN only).

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:55 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:Well considering a lot of the manga in there hasnt been released in the US yet.
I know, though I have seen a one or two UK gaming magazines do articles on it.
Herms wrote:Yugi also appears to be in the game. Was it previously revealed that these characters would be in the game? This is the first I’ve seen of them.
Yugi was only recently announced. Some sources also say that Kenshin will be in the game.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:32 pm

I found a topic on GameFAQs that listed a lot of support characters. I guess Rock Lee is only support, not playable. What really got my attention was Hikari Shindo and Fujiwara no Sai listed as support characters.

I can't wait to import this.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 pm

I'm annoyed Hao and the Spirit of Fire are support. I was hoping I'd be able to use them to burn people.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:56 pm

Nintendo Power (US) wrote a short paragraph about it like 6 months back... But anyways, this game looks awesome, this is the only reason I want a DS, at least for now...

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:37 am

Hang on, no Kenshin characters? Blasphemy!

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:20 am

^I have read _somewhere_ on the net that Kenshin was a playable character and Sano was a support character.

But can't remember _where_ I read it XD
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:53 am

Ash wrote:^I have read _somewhere_ on the net that Kenshin was a playable character and Sano was a support character.

But can't remember _where_ I read it XD
That's what I've been wanting to see proved with a screencap... Although if Hikaru Shindo is in a fighting game about Shonen Jump, you'd think it'd be a given that Kenshin would be in it too!

Anyone seen any lists of Playable and Support characters? At first they said Goku, Vegeta and Trunks were all playable...

'lo Legends
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 'lo Legends » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:42 pm

Hmm...This game has so many awesome characters in it.

And is it just me, but are Goku/Naruto doing a Kamehameha/Rasengan combination attack...?
Random Fact: "If Freeza used a watering can on Piccolo, he would turn into a tree. FACT."

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:52 am

Here's the cover of the game:
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:08 pm

Looks cool. I'm probably going to import the game, even though I can't read Kanji. Hopefully I won't really need to be able to read it to play the game.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:16 pm

Huzzah! Kenshin is on the cover! XD

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:36 pm

They actually did a Jump Super Stars manga called "Jump Heroes", and had Goku, Luffy, Naruto and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo fight a robot.