What do you like / would like to see?

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:34 pm

A random factoid guide? Full of those useless but fun facts people like to use to impress ladies at fancy dinner parties?

Or a hair guide! No, wait a minute...

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:54 pm

how about a BULMA hair guide :P
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:59 pm

Well, then you also have to have a "Yamucha Hair Guide". :P

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:53 pm

In all seriousness, I actually really liked that section. It was certainly different from "POWER LEVEL LISTS!!!!!" And they never did get around to doing a "Gohan hair guide", did they?

Howabout a character model thing? Sure, showing Goku as kid, normal, SSJ 1 etc is cool, but chibi Goku didn't look the same at the start of Dragonball as he did just before he grew up. And adult Goku didn't look the same when he fought Piccolo as he did during the Buu saga.

And I think I said it before, but a translation of all the prominant Japanese kanji that turns up on the show. The ones on Goku's outfits, Yamcha's desert bandit outfit, young Gohan's orange outfit given to him by Piccolo, and so forth.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:21 pm

VegettoEX already stated that showing different stages of characters would be in the character guide so I don't think he'll have a seperate section for that.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:22 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Alias wrote:Alternate music video files! A lot of us are still on 56k, and just can't download 50 meg files, like so many of the AMV creators seem to think. If the site could just encode each of the large files into a smaller .rm file with Real Producer and put that up along with the higher quality one, it would be very appreciated. The MV may lose some quality, but .rm really isn't as bad as some think.
That's one thing I'm never going to compromise on. It's got nothing to do with RealMedia; in fact, the codec / container / format has nothing to do with it. Low-bitrate video just doesn't have the same effect on you when you watch it. When I encode my videos, I'm encoding them in a specific way I want people to see the video; I'd hate to have people not see it the way it was intended to be seen. You'll probably notice that most AMV creators would have a problem with their works being re-encoded, and such; this is a reason why.

If you're on a dial-up modem and are interested in getting ANY (well, a good variety, anyway...) anime music videos on CD-R, I highly suggest checking out the AMV Distribution Center. Tons of AMV creators submit CD compilations of their works. You can send in as many blank CDs as you want (up to 50 at a time, I believe), and RedWolf will copy the discs and mail them back to you (a really nice SASE system). Meri and I have two CDs (from the last two fall seasons, as well as an old one of Meri's oooold CDs) that you can request (the catalogue will show you exactly what videos are on what CDs).
Never?

Another problem with the Divx/Mpeg-4/Avi files is that not only are they big, but they don't play at all on a lot of older computers. If they do, they're super choppy, have picture problems, or cause the computer to freeze. The computer I usually use is from '99 and I always end up having to re-encode the file anyway through Real Producer or some other little program in order ot be able to view them. It loses a little video quality, but the impact of the video isn't different.

As for sending in CDs... That doesn't allow a person access to all the MVs, nor does it allow them to peruse and pick various ones they want. It prevents a person from being able to just sample various works when they want to see them.

DBZ_Doomrider

Post by DBZ_Doomrider » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:28 pm

Would you be opposed to doing some sort of review of Funimation?
Not that I support the group or anything, but after a very long time of thinking about it, I figured out that I don't know much about the company that has been translating/ruining my favourite series.
Inside information on the companies that provide you Americans (Funi) and us Canadians (Ocean) might help me understand what's going on in the background. Really, it's just for interest sake but doing the research could have future benefit.

Thanks ^_^.......Later.
Project DOOMRIDER: It's coming (very slowly)

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by urhash » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:51 pm

How about an addition to the music downloads that have each of the major Z Fighters 'character themes'?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:53 pm

urhash wrote:How about an addition to the music downloads that have each of the major Z Fighters 'character themes'?
Because other than Vegeta and Piccolo, none of the characters really have themes ^^.
Alias wrote:Another problem with the Divx/Mpeg-4/Avi files is that not only are they big, but they don't play at all on a lot of older computers. If they do, they're super choppy, have picture problems, or cause the computer to freeze. The computer I usually use is from '99 and I always end up having to re-encode the file anyway through Real Producer or some other little program in order ot be able to view them. It loses a little video quality, but the impact of the video isn't different.
Well, that's the main reason I don't use any MPEG-4-based codecs (such as XviD and DivX). I know a lot of my "fans" (so to speak) still run on older computers; not everything is capable of playing back 5000 kbps XviD files :D. I go with good ol' MPEG-1 for the standard compatibility issues; everyone, everywhere, can play it back (Christ, you can play back my videos on a Dreamcast, if you wish).
Alias wrote:As for sending in CDs... That doesn't allow a person access to all the MVs, nor does it allow them to peruse and pick various ones they want. It prevents a person from being able to just sample various works when they want to see them.
There are sampler CDs, though (some from conventions, such as AWA, and such). True, you can't mix-and-match from various CDs; this would be highly illogical, though. It's a really efficient system that allows you to just send in a CD and almost immediately get back what you've requested. With the dirt-cheap price of CD-Rs, you're very easily able to get many CDs at once... there's even an option to get a whole 50 CD-R spindle!

I can't recommend it enough for dial-up users.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:31 pm

What about offering mpeg 2 or mpeg 4 versions though for people who have fast computers? That way they can download a smaller file, but still get the maximum quality?

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by urhash » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:47 pm

Given that Dragonbox vs. Funi DVD's have been a big discussion of late, how about a subsection of the DVD guide detailing what has been done to the episodes (progressive, saturation, grain removal, etc etc) for the releases, and maybe even compare that with how the original TV-aired episodes look? Let the informed DVD buyer make up his own mind after seeing the changes of both. :)

Just a thought.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:37 am

PsyLiam wrote:What about offering mpeg 2 or mpeg 4 versions though for people who have fast computers? That way they can download a smaller file, but still get the maximum quality?
I'm the kind of person that only wants one single version of my video available for download. That way, I know exactly what people are seeing, and I can control (to some extent) how they are seeing it. It's kinda anal and weird, but it's how my mind works. Of course, conventions always get my 12 Mbps MPEG-2 encodes ^^;;.
urhash wrote:Given that Dragonbox vs. Funi DVD's have been a big discussion of late, how about a subsection of the DVD guide detailing what has been done to the episodes (progressive, saturation, grain removal, etc etc) for the releases, and maybe even compare that with how the original TV-aired episodes look? Let the informed DVD buyer make up his own mind after seeing the changes of both.
Yeah, we've been planning on doing an R2 section of the "DVD Guide" for a while, now, but just haven't gotten around to it. Need better pictures (tablet..?), screen-grabs, etc. Just don't have the time / resources, right now.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:08 pm

I'd just like to see slight updates to existing sections. Majin Freeza and Majin Cell to transformations. More movie info. That kinda stuff.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:35 pm

The S wrote:Majin Freeza and Majin Cell to transformations.
They're already in the "Budokai Transformations/Absorptions" section of the guide. I still need to get a grab of Majin Cell... just a pain in the ass to play through Dragon World. Of course, the guide isn't complete or done yet, so yeah :P.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:23 pm

Whoops... heh heh... didn't see Majin Freeza there. I can't wait for more images of them.

And am I the only one that finds Dragon World mode fun?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:26 pm

The S wrote:And am I the only one that finds Dragon World mode fun?
Yes. Yes you are.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:27 pm

Topic. On. Special thread. Thanks. Out~

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:17 am

What about expnading the DVD Guide to include some other series that you/us enjoy? Not nearly as in depth as the DB DVD guide, just like a list, like how you used to do it on the old version of the site.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:12 am

Ben Plante wrote:What about expnading the DVD Guide to include some other series that you/us enjoy? Not nearly as in depth as the DB DVD guide, just like a list, like how you used to do it on the old version of the site.
Really not interested, anymore. I really hate it when I go to other DB sites, and I see ranting and raving about other series. I came to find DB information... not Shaman King information, not Escaflowne information, not Yu-Gi-Oh! information. When people do that, it seems to be more about "Me, me, me! Look at me, learn what I like!" rather than "Here I am presenting the information you originally came for, instead of what you can find on another site by someone more qualified."

If you're actually interested in ME, you can read my journal or ask me :P

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:32 pm

Well, here's some stuff I'd like to see:

*Name Origin guide.
*Kanji symbol on characters' clothes guide
*Video game guide (maybe)