How many days did Vegeta go without sleep on Namek?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How many days did Vegeta go without sleep on Namek?

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 am

It must have been more than a week without sleep right? That's totally insane if that's right.

Perfect

Re: How many days did Vegeta go without sleep on Namek?

Post by Perfect » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 am

If I recall correctly, about six or so days (December 18th-24th).
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 am

He arrived right after Bulma, Kuririn, and Gohan. Six days after that, Goku arrives. So yeah, six days sounds right.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Relight
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Relight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 am

Yeah, odd how he happened to just arrive immediately after the trio, but whatever. 6 full days of running around, constant fighting, and flying half way around the planet and back. Must have been tough.

And people wonder how that 'nap' took him from ~35,000+ to ~500,000. Maybe he was always stronger, just needed a quick power nap to allow him to truly regain full strength. I always did think his zenkais were pretty damn weak when compared to Goku and Gohan.
NWO Control - 4 8 15 16 23 42 - Immortal Technique !!
That is ssk's coolest post ever.~Janitor | SSK31 / Taro

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:23 am

Remember though he did spend sometime in the rejuvenation chamber during that time (December 19-20). Then after the battle with Zarbon five days past before the Ginyu Force arrived during which time Vegeta spent most of the time resting and waiting for Krillin and co to make a move so he could find the last dragonball.

It is conceivable to think then that he may of slept (albeit briefly) during that time, but before he takes a nap before the Freeza fight, that he hadn't slept properly since the rejuvenation chamber five days earlier.
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 am

He slept after Zarbon beat him up. He was unconsious when Zarbon retrieved him. He woke up in the healing pod. Of course, you could argue that being in a concussion-induced coma isn't exactly restful.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution!" -Evil Lord Freeza
The best and most powerful villain in Dragon Ball

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 am

Relight wrote:that 'nap' took him from ~35,000+ to ~500,000.
Where the hell did you get that from?
Kanzentai - Battle Power Guide wrote:Vegeta (arrival on Planet Namek): 24,000 [M-21]
--during the battle with Recoom: close to 30,000 [K-19; D7-p.83]
--after the battle with Recoom: 250,000 [VJ]

Relight
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Relight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:25 am

hleV wrote:
Kanzentai - Battle Power Guide wrote:Vegeta (arrival on Planet Namek): 24,000 [M-21]

... What? Directly after the fight with Recoome, what are you saying? That he jumped from over 30k(Stated to have jumped up 30k, so unless he was running around Namek suppressed to a power level of 5, I'd say it's safe to say he was ~35k or so), and then he beats up Jeice, and proceeds to pummel Ginyu in Goku's body.

Now, tell me where the hell it states that he jumped up to 250,000, and how? That was far stronger than Goku at that time, who was only 90,000. Really, please do show me direct proof of him being 250k, because as far as I know, and I know for a fact that he wasn't anywhere close to that. He gets strong enough to take care of Jeice, takes a nap, and then is boosted up to 480k to 500k for his grapple with First form Freeza(530,000).

Prove me otherwise.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:29 am

Relight wrote:
hleV wrote:

... What? Directly after the fight with Recoome, what are you saying? That he jumped from over 30k(Stated to have jumped up 30k, so unless he was running around Namek suppressed to a power level of 5, I'd say it's safe to say he was ~35k or so), and then he beats up Jeice, and proceeds to pummel Ginyu in Goku's body.

Now, tell me where the hell it states that he jumped up to 250,000, and how? That was far stronger than Goku at that time, who was only 90,000. Really, please do show me direct proof of him being 250k, because as far as I know, and I know for a fact that he wasn't anywhere close to that. He gets strong enough to take care of Jeice, takes a nap, and then is boosted up to 480k to 500k for his grapple with First form Freeza(530,000).

Prove me otherwise.
These Battle Powers are official, I really don't have to prove anything to you. Vegeta was beaten by Recoom, then Goku gave him a Senzu.

Relight
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Relight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 am

Link the official manga scan of them being official, then? Okay, so Goku gives him a senzu, so that automatically gives him a certain number boost on the upcoming zenkai he's going to receive? Oh, and please don't post one of those fake power level pages, with Piccolo during the fight against the saiyans being 3,500.

So yeah... He got a zenkai indeed, but when exactly was it ever stated that it boosted him to 250,000, and if it did, then why the hell was Goku still acting so cocky with him taunting Vegeta by saying that he's recovered from near-death a couple times already, and that he should be up to fighting Jeice, when Goku was only 90,000, and you're saying the senzu Goku just gave him after he arrived and took care of Burter and Recoome boosted Vegeta to 250,000. Well seems to me Vegeta would have just solo'd Ginyu and Jeice, then killed Goku at a later time when he could surprise him so he doesn't use KK.

I just don't think the boost was that big, I realize that you're saying he got a zenkai, that's fine, it happened, but ~30k to 250k? Exactly? Not a thousand below or a thousand more? Uh huh, please post proof.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:40 am

Relight wrote:Link the official manga scan of them being official, then? Okay, so Goku gives him a senzu, so that automatically gives him a certain number boost on the upcoming zenkai he's going to receive? Oh, and please don't post one of those fake power level pages, with Piccolo during the fight against the saiyans being 3,500.
So you're doubting in Kanzentai. I guess that settles it.

Relight
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Relight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:43 am

Feel free to keep trying to dodge the question, or actually post the proof. Yes, I'm doubting what you're saying because he was not immediately 250,000. That would have been stronger than Goku at the time even before he was body swapped.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:47 am

The 250,000 comes from the first issue of V-Jump on December 12th, 1990.
http://kanzentai.com/bp.php?id=guide#49
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Relight
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Relight » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 am

Of V-Jump, the video game release of Shonen Jump. Not canon, because those were power levels for DBZ video games released at the time. Nope, still don't believe it, sorry, and now I definitely don't knowing where that number originates from.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:01 am

Relight wrote:Not canon, because those were power levels for DBZ video games released at the time.
It doesn't say that anywhere.
Nope, still don't believe it, sorry
Okay.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:29 am

Remember, he also got a Senzu from Goku when he arrived on Namek, which would be like a million Red Bulls in terms of keeping someone awake.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 am

Would eating a senzu make sleeping unneccasary? A senzu is suppose to restore your energy so wouldn't it be like sleeping (maybe not for the mental benefits but for the physical benefits)?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 am

Issuing account warnings for some of you with the constant, excessive, antagonistic attitudes.

This is such a simple question that I can't even fathom how it is you're already getting into mean-spirited arguments with each other. Does this really warrant comments like you're tossing out toward your fellow fans?

Why do your "in-universe" conversations always end up this way, and so quickly? Please take note of the other conversations on this forum which can go for tens upon tens of pages with no unfortunate warnings. It doesn't have to be this way, and it's entirely up to you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:12 am

dario03 wrote:Would eating a senzu make sleeping unneccasary? A senzu is suppose to restore your energy so wouldn't it be like sleeping (maybe not for the mental benefits but for the physical benefits)?
Nothing is directly mentioned about how the Senzu and sleeping needs.

However it's a little weird to assume Vegeta growth before the battle with Freeza was only because of the Senzu. I mean, the same wouldn't also apply before the battle with Reecome as well? That would make his power much greater than 30,000 if he had sleep and likely easily defeat Reecome.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Well, Reacoom did beat him up really bad. He would have died within a minute if Gohan never interfered or Goku hadn't arrived there.

Maybe by the huge power up (30,000 to 250,000), they meant the power up he received after Kuririn blew a hole in his stomach and Dende healed him. That was more of a near death experience than the battle with Reacoom could ever have been.

Taking that into account, it's very realistic.