Your Dragon Ball Wishlist?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Your Dragon Ball Wishlist?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 am

What I've got on my Dragon Ball Wishlist to buy when I'm able to:
- Dragon Ball GT: Transformation [GBA]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Original Soundtrack Volume One [CD]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Original Soundtrack Volume Three [CD]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Original Soundtrack Volume Two [CD]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season Four [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season One [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season Three [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season Two [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z Kai: Song Collection [CD]
- Dragon Ball Z: Alarm Clock [Clock]
- Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans [NDS]
- Dragon Ball Z: Best Song Collection [CD]
- Dragon Ball Z: BGM Collection [CD]
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 1 [PS2]
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 [PS2]
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 [PS2]
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 1 [PS2]
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 [PS2]
- Dragon Ball Z: Goku Densetsu [NDS]
- Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World [PS2]
- Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors [GBC]
- Dragon Ball Z: Legends [PS1]
- Dragon Ball Z: Level 1.1 [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z: Level 1.2 [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z: Power Booster's Goku SSJ [Figure]
- Dragon Ball Z: Power Booster's Piccolo [Figure]
- Dragon Ball Z: Power Booster's Vegeta SSJ [Figure]
- Dragon Ball Z: Sagas [CXB]
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 1 [PSP]
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2 [PSP]
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Son Goku [DVD]
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 [NDS]
- Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors [GBA]
- Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu [GBA]
- Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team [PSP]
- Dragon Ball Z: The Appeal From Fate [SMD]
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku 1 [GBA]
- Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku 2 [GBA]
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Collection 10cm Figures [Figure]
- Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi [360]
- Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventures [GBA]
- Dragon Ball: Evolution [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball: Evolution [CD]
- Dragon Ball: Evolution [PSP]
- Dragon Ball: Origins 2 [NDS]
- Dragon Ball: Origins [NDS]
- Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo [Wii]
- Dragon Ball: The Complete Illustrations [Book]
- Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins - Ultimate Edition [DVD]

Non-existent as of yet:
- Dragon Ball Z: Episode of Bardock [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z: The Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Ball Z: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! [Blu-ray]
- Dragon Box: Dragon Ball [DVD]
- Dragon Box: Dragon Ball GT [DVD]
- Dragon Box: Dragon Ball TM [DVD]

^ All by FUNimation (the original Japanese version exists but I'm waiting for the English FUNi version).

So, this is pretty much my wishlist of Dragon Ball, which one day I hope I can purchase all of it.

What's yours?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Re: Your Dragon Ball Wishlist?

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Dragon Box Z re-release (or Blu-ray release)
Dragon Box
Dragon Box: The Movies (including the TV Specials and the new animations)

Dragon Ball English Kanzenban (uncensored, with a new, more accurate translation)

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm not interested in video games, action figures, or any other miscellaneous merchandise, so...that really just leaves the following, all domestic releases -
Dragon Ball Z Kai - Seasons 1-4
Dragon Box: Dragon Ball
Dragon Box: The Movies
Dragon Box: GT
Dragon Ball Z: Episode of Bardock
Dragon Ball Z: The Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
Dragon Ball Z: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
The Hypothetical Dragon Ball English Kanzenban (although I am very happy with my VizBig Volumes)

That's it. Although, I would like to own Toei's Dragon Boxes eventually as well.
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Currently, just the rest of the Japanese Dragon Boxes to complete my collection.
Oh, and more doujinshi. Of course.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:33 pm

I am a figure and books kind of guy and I have everything I need right now but there are a few I would love to have. I dont wanna be pic heavy though and most people might not know what they are :? (always worried about being pic heavy.

But yeah those and Dragon Ball Dragon Box. The Movies and GT Dragon Box if they can but it isn't the biggest priority for me to have those two done.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

The only must-have on my wishlist is Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 8. I would be so so SO disappointed if FUNimation were to turn around and cancel it and release it only as the second half of Season 4.

I kind of want the S.H. Figuarts figures. "Kind of" being the key term here. They're cool, but I don't think they're $50 a pop cool, especially since $50 is for the "cheap" ones. :shock:
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

ManyFaces
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ManyFaces » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Yeah, I never cared for figures or video games either.

Wishlist

Likely to happen

FUNi DB/GT/Movies Box

Doubtful

An English kanzenban release that's unedited and faithfully translated (with honorifics and whatnot).
Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return English DVD release.
Plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans English DVD release.
Episode of Bardock English DVD release.

Never gonna happen

English release of all the major databooks (Daizenshuu, GT Files, SEG)

Man if I was able to get my hands on all that, I think I'd get a space ship and fly far away as our Solar System would definitely implode.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Travis Touchdown wrote:The only must-have on my wishlist is Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 8. I would be so so SO disappointed if FUNimation were to turn around and cancel it and release it only as the second half of Season 4.
You're aware that FUNimation featured a teaser video for Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight in the Seventh Part, aren't you?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote: You're aware that FUNimation featured a teaser video for Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight in the Seventh Part, aren't you?
That doesn't mean they wouldn't cancel it (unlikely as it may be). They had Level 2.1 promotions floating around too.

My wishlist is currently pretty small, as I don't really want any DVDs or manga volumes right now:
-Cooler's Revenge/Return of Cooler double feature, to complete my steelbook collection.
-Kai parts 7 and 8 on Blu-Ray.
-The Golden Warrior Illustration Book, which I have yet to see for a decent price.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:You're aware that FUNimation featured a teaser video for Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight in the Seventh Part, aren't you?
You're aware that trailers have come out for eventually unreleased products, aren't you? Here's one as an example. Though I think it'll be released.

Anyway, here's what I want, in order of importance:
  • Original Dragon Ball Dragon Box
  • An uncensored Kanzenban release.
  • I want all of the VizBigs. I currently only own the first two Dragon Ball VizBigs and the seventh Dragon Ball Z VizBigs (I plan on getting them all, but I honestly couldn't sit through the entire animated Boo arc; it just got way too boring for me. That's why I started there.)
  • I want the Viz-translated Daizenshuu 1/Complete Illustrations.
  • Dragon Box-quality Bardock and Trunks TV specials. The single DVDs aren't awful but they don't look great, and are missing the eyecatches, and, for the second special, the "Dragon Ball Z Special" card that plays at the beginning. In addition, in the Bardock special, one of the scenes is freeze-framed, even on the Japanese side, so that the kanji for "Planet Kanassa" (惑星カナッサ) don't fade in.
  • Dragon Box The Movies
  • I want the rest of Kai that I don't have, which is everything other than the first part.
  • I want Dragon Box GT. Generally, I want them as close to the Japanese boxes as possible, though there are two things I wouldn't mind them changing. First, a properly remastered TV special. Second, the stereo audio. Both of those are almost certainly not going to happen, but that would be nice.
  • I want more DBZ levels. Again, not likely to happen, but still something I want.
There's nothing else I can think of but I'll edit this post if I can.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:You're aware that trailers have come out for eventually unreleased products, aren't you? Here's one as an example. Though I think it'll be released.
But there's a difference, Pokewhiz, that was the old FUNimation who used DVD5 with crappy video quality, now they're much better than they ever were and all they've discontinued were the Kai Parts 1 to 4 because, well, Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season sets will cover them.

Not only feature the same episodes, but it's better value instead of 11/12/13 you get instead 26 episodes, and the price probably won't be too expensive ($30 maybe).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm

A sequel to the "Attack of the Saiyans" DS game... :(
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

medvedenko2009

Post by medvedenko2009 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 pm

My Dragonball wishlist has zero chance of ever getting released but here it is.

- Tree of Might (Toonami Version)
- History of Trunks (Toonami Version)
- Budokai & Tenkaichi HD Collections

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Corporate_Nothing wrote:I'm not interested in video games, action figures, or any other miscellaneous merchandise, so...that really just leaves the following, all domestic releases -
The Hypothetical Dragon Ball English Kanzenban (although I am very happy with my VizBig Volumes)

That's it. Although, I would like to own Toei's Dragon Boxes eventually as well.

Well didn't you win the Daizex contest? So u can scratch EoB, and PtetSS of that list!! 
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

TheNamekGio wrote:
Corporate_Nothing wrote:I'm not interested in video games, action figures, or any other miscellaneous merchandise, so...that really just leaves the following, all domestic releases -

Well didn't you win the Daizex contest? So u can scratch EoB, and PtetSS of that list!! 
Haha, this is true. :) Still, I would happily buy a domestic release with English subtitles and proper encoding (i.e. no horrible macroblocking in Episode of Bardock, and an actual stereo audio mix in Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans), whether it's on DVD or Blu-Ray.
ImmaDMCA

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Corporate_Nothing wrote:Haha, this is true. :) Still, I would happily buy a domestic release with English subtitles and proper encoding (i.e. no horrible macroblocking in Episode of Bardock, and an actual stereo audio mix in Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans), whether it's on DVD or Blu-Ray.
There was a Daizex competition? When?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Corporate_Nothing wrote:Haha, this is true. :) Still, I would happily buy a domestic release with English subtitles and proper encoding (i.e. no horrible macroblocking in Episode of Bardock, and an actual stereo audio mix in Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans), whether it's on DVD or Blu-Ray.
There was a Daizex competition? When?
28 February 2012

Podcast Episode #0290: Bonus DVD Review + Q&As
VegettoEX @ 8:22 pm EST -- While we unfortunately could not schedule the third round of our "Dragon Ball GT Review of Awesomeness" for this week (stay tuned, though!), we make up for it in spades by covering the crazy Kinect news, the March 2012 Saikyô Jump bonus DVD, and a plethora of your amazing listener questions. Download the show now, or head on over to the podcast page for more information or to subscribe.

Do not forget that we are giving away a copy of said bonus DVD along with the March 2012 Saikyô Jump issue! Head on over to our "Contests" page for the details. Miss out on ordering the issue this past month? This is your chance! Go, go, go!
It was a random drawing contest, not a full-fledged competition. I assume you know what "random drawing" means.
ImmaDMCA

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:58 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Travis Touchdown wrote:The only must-have on my wishlist is Dragon Ball Z Kai Part 8. I would be so so SO disappointed if FUNimation were to turn around and cancel it and release it only as the second half of Season 4.
You're aware that FUNimation featured a teaser video for Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Eight in the Seventh Part, aren't you?
Yeah. I'm actually the one who broke the news of that here. I'm just saying if they did that. They promised all of DBZ on Blu-ray and then dropped it before Level 2.1 could be released. So while it's highly unlikely they would cancel Part 8, you never know. I'm just saying if they did, I would be sad.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 am

penguintruth wrote:A sequel to the "Attack of the Saiyans" DS game... :(
and all the dragon boxes! I would be so happy if I had them...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 am

Travis Touchdown wrote:Yeah. I'm actually the one who broke the news of that here. I'm just saying if they did that. They promised all of DBZ on Blu-ray and then dropped it before Level 2.1 could be released. So while it's highly unlikely they would cancel Part 8, you never know. I'm just saying if they did, I would be sad.
The difference between the DBZ and Kai Blu-rays is clear, the DBZ BDs were being remastered by FUNimation's staff themselves, while the Kai BDs already had everything done, and just needed to add English dub/subs, extras then release.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray