Sparking! characters update.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:55 pm

Early Dragon Ball Yamcha would be a cool character also.

If they include "what if" characters, I'd like to play with Yamhan once again and with the Cell-Krillin absorption (from Budokai 1).
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:59 pm

'lo Legends: "OMG. Guld, playable! I wonder how they'll do his freeze-time move? I hope they let him have it, since it's pretty much his only move!

Oh, and I hope Chaotzu has his own Psychic moves as well! It would be great for Chaotzu to be able to freeze people with his mind."

Your mentioning of techniques that freeze people, and how it would be handled, reminded me...did they ever have Taiyoken in the Budokai games? I only played the third one. Cause while it doesn't litereally freeze people, it blinds them and prevents them from really doing anything. I don't see why it would be hard to do, you could just make it so the enemy is in a stunned state and unable to move, like how they did it if the character is tired, they just stop for a while.

LaRésistance: "Early Dragon Ball Yamcha would be a cool character also."
I wouldn't see much point in that, cause he looks basically the same (not really a size difference, I don't think so). It would make a cool alternate costume though, to have him in his bandit clothes. Unless he has a different moveset than what DBZ Yamcha would have, too. Like, maybe using his sword or Puar transformations for attacks. That could be interesting too.

I wish they would use more "odd" characters. Like, those generally not thought of as fighters, such as Pilaf, Launch, Bulma, Chichi, etc. It would give developers an opportunity to be really creative with attacks. Realistically, these people wouldn't stand a chance against even the weakest real fighter, but hell, it's a game based on fiction. Who cares? It would be fun.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:24 pm

You're right, I meant as an alternative costume.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:24 pm

Out of all the Dragons, Il, Fire and Ice were the ones I liked the most. assume Il will already be in the game (though I wish they used the Dragonball forum as a transformation rather than his base form), so I'd like to see the Fire and Ice dragons added into this game (forgot their names). The rest were rubbish in my opinion. And frankly they are the only other GT characters I'd like to see in the game.
It's Ii, not Il.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 pm

I want general rild. he could be an interesting character.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:12 pm

The S wrote:
Out of all the Dragons, Il, Fire and Ice were the ones I liked the most. assume Il will already be in the game (though I wish they used the Dragonball forum as a transformation rather than his base form), so I'd like to see the Fire and Ice dragons added into this game (forgot their names). The rest were rubbish in my opinion. And frankly they are the only other GT characters I'd like to see in the game.
It's Ii, not Il.
It's been a while since I last saw GT but I could have sworn Blue Water called him Il. Oh well. My mistake.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:18 pm

Caracal wrote:
The S wrote:
It's Ii, not Il.
It's been a while since I last saw GT but I could have sworn Blue Water called him Il. Oh well. My mistake.
Just because a dub says one thing..

Anyway, TECHNICALLY, it's Yi Xing Long. 8)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:58 pm

Well, yes, but technically, both are correct, since Ii Shin Ron is the Japanese pronunciation of Yi Xing Long.

And I'm unfamiliar with the Blue Water dub, so forgive me. But I don't understand why the dub name there would be Il... at least Funimation's made since with "Syn" (seeing as he was the embodiment of evil). Il just sounds like a typo.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:19 am

I've always been convinced that "Il" (as in "I" and "L" next to each other) was a typo of someone trying to type "Ii" (as in "I" and "I" next to each other), and it just sticking.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:11 pm

Well I intend to re-watch the Dark Dragon arc so I'll make a note of it.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:50 pm

I've always been convinced that "Il" (as in "I" and "L" next to each other) was a typo of someone trying to type "Ii" (as in "I" and "I" next to each other), and it just sticking.
Same with Li? By the way, did they ever end up actually using that name on the European release of Budokai 3?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:10 pm

The S wrote:Same with Li? By the way, did they ever end up actually using that name on the European release of Budokai 3?
Er, yeah... that's what I meant... that "Li" was a typo of them trying to write "Ii". My bad. See how easy it is?!?

And yeah, I'm fairly sure it's written as "Li Shenron" in the European version of the game. Don't quote me on it, though.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:17 am

VegettoEX wrote:
The S wrote:Same with Li? By the way, did they ever end up actually using that name on the European release of Budokai 3?
Er, yeah... that's what I meant... that "Li" was a typo of them trying to write "Ii". My bad. See how easy it is?!?

And yeah, I'm fairly sure it's written as "Li Shenron" in the European version of the game. Don't quote me on it, though.
I'm 99% sure the European Version is the same as the Australian one, and if it is he's called "Omega Shenron" in the English Text. (Although he is called "Li Shenron" in the French Text)

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:10 am

They do call him Omega Shenron in the European version.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:30 pm

He was called Omega Shenron in the European version of Budokai 3.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:35 pm

Indeed. But either one, Il or Li, are simply typographical errors as far as I know.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:43 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:(Although he is called "Li Shenron" in the French Text)
I know I've seen a screenshot with it written out as "Li Shenron," so that must be what I've seen.
The S wrote:Indeed. But either one, Il or Li, are simply typographical errors as far as I know.
That's what I'm getting at, yeah. The thing is, the incorrect spelling of "Li" seems to have "stuck" with certain areas of the world (such as the French version, noted above?).

It's all just very weird. Especially when you've got companies like FUNimation changing names at every whim :D.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:53 pm

My head hurts just thinking about all of the dub name changes across the world -_-

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:06 am

Here are a few new pictures:

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 am

Though I'm not normally one for graphics, I do like the way they are turning out.