Sparking! characters update.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:03 pm

Still no Pilaf, dammit.

Okay, seriously, Akkuman needs to be in a fighting game. I mean, he can fly, he can summon a weapon, he has an instant death-beam... what's keeping him out of these games?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:12 pm

Mmmm...maybe...I'm going out on a limb, but maybe something to do with the...oh, I don't know...instant death beam? 8)
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:35 pm

I have faith that Spike would figure out something to make it even out...

Quick question: Is Akuman's name "Evil Man", or a play on words of both "Akuma (Devil)" and "Man"? I say it's the latter, but many sites and people beg to differ.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:57 pm

I think it's the latter. Polish translators also think it's the latter. And you don't mess with Polish translators.

Seriously, though, I think it could be interpreted both ways, but the latter sounds more plausible.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:04 am

What about Kiwi?

Garlic Jr. would be cool too.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:58 pm

Please let there be Bardock.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:19 pm

I think we can count Bardock as a sure thing. I looking for characters never before seen in games. That and What-if stories.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:48 pm

I litteraly said "Oh my god" out loud when i saw Bebi. >_>

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:21 pm

They should put in "Tori", the Toriyama Robot. What, he was playable in Tobal No. 1!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:00 am

I heard a while ago that Chaoutzu and the other Ginyu Force members would be in it. I'm happy to see Bojack has been added. I just saw movie #9 and feel he could be an interesting character. Bebi/Baby Vegeta is also a character I'd like to have seen. Personaly I'd prefere it if he was actually just Bebi/Baby and worked liked Super Buu - could absorb one of a number of characters e.g. Goku, Gohan, Gotenks etc. A bit of a shame but oh well. Super Android 17 is a bit iffy but I'll see how he turns out.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:27 pm

Well, Caracal, we still don't know HOW he works, just that he's there. Remember, we've only seen the old demo so far which didn't even have transformations (I seriously doubt they'll remove that ability) implimented yet. We'll just have to wait and see....

I'm kind of hoping for some more female fighters. Pan and Zangya would make good additions. And it'd be cool for Bardock's team to be in as well... oh well, I doubt it'll happen.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:28 pm

I think an awsome secret fighter would be Akira Toriyama himself... :wink: He'd have such wacky moves.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:31 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I think an awsome secret fighter would be Akira Toriyama himself... :wink: He'd have such wacky moves.
Okay, am I the only one who thought of that mangaka-based daimon in a Sailor Moon S episode?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:22 pm

God wrote:They should put in "Tori", the Toriyama Robot. What, he was playable in Tobal No. 1!
Tanuki Kuribou wrote:I think an awsome secret fighter would be Akira Toriyama himself... He'd have such wacky moves.
:D

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ngnikolaos » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:06 am

I KNEW IT!! I FREAKING KNEW IT!!!

Zarbon and Dodoria are playable!!

HAIL TO THE FREEZA LEAGUE!!!
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:01 am

Xyex wrote:Well, Caracal, we still don't know HOW he works, just that he's there. Remember, we've only seen the old demo so far which didn't even have transformations (I seriously doubt they'll remove that ability) implimented yet. We'll just have to wait and see....
I am aware of that. All I'm sayin is at this moment in time it looks like you can't chose Bebi and instead he comes already attached to Vegeta. I do feel this is a slight shame as it would be interesting to see Bebi play like DBZB2 Super Buu (and I also hope Super Buu plays like his DBZB2 version and I say the DBZB2 version because of the What If absorptions). Infact, it would be interesting to see Super Buu and Bebi merge together (least in my eyes anyway).

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:04 am

'lo Legends
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 'lo Legends » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:29 pm

OMG. Guld, playable! I wonder how they'll do his freeze-time move? I hope they let him have it, since it's pretty much his only move!

Oh, and I hope Chaotzu has his own Psychic moves as well! It would be great for Chaotzu to be able to freeze people with his mind.

Oh, and as for characters I want in this game, there are only a few that I really want...

Kamesennin (Most of all)

Taopaipai (Seccond most of all)

Babidi! (Third most of all)

I mean, think about it: Babidi. Now, we all know he's weak, but so is Chaotzu. And he'd have interesting, magic based moves.
Random Fact: "If Freeza used a watering can on Piccolo, he would turn into a tree. FACT."

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:33 pm

I want Roshi to be in it. I want to see characters from DB. Chibi Goku, Chibi Kuririn(and his shiney baldness >_<), Chi-chi(23rd Tenkachi Budokai), and some others I can't think of right now.

Maybe Nouva could be in it.

It'd be so cool to see Tori in it. But it'd be weird if his finisher was that he took a eraser and erased his opponent... :?

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:28 am

Out of all the Dragons, Il, Fire and Ice were the ones I liked the most. assume Il will already be in the game (though I wish they used the Dragonball forum as a transformation rather than his base form), so I'd like to see the Fire and Ice dragons added into this game (forgot their names). The rest were rubbish in my opinion. And frankly they are the only other GT characters I'd like to see in the game.

As for DB characters, I'd like to see Muten Roshi, Demon King Piccolo as a seperate character and TaoPiePie.