Why is Gohan's hair black if Chi-Chi's hair was Blue(manga)?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why is Gohan's hair black if Chi-Chi's hair was Blue(man

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:42 pm

I would never in a million years ever thought that was Chichi until someone on the forums mentioned it, and, with that said, I'm still not sure it's supposed to be her. I mean, it does resemble her in the face, but then again, most of Toriyama's faces look alike. The hair somewhat resembles Chichi's hair during the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai, but nowhere else in the series. But Chichi would never dress like that and the posturing is all wrong. Unless Toriyama was going for a purposely out of character "we're a biker gang" look (which would make Goku the odd one out as he looks just like regular ol' Goku) I still have a hard time believing that's Chichi.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Why is Gohan's hair black if Chi-Chi's hair was Blue(man

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:05 pm

The illustration was made for chapter 187's title page, which is in the middle of Goku's fight with Piccolo at the 23rd Tournament(the colour chapter featuring Piccolo's giant form), so it was one of those, that had characters in situations we don't see them in that often.