An idea of what Atari could do:

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

An idea of what Atari could do:

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:45 pm

Since Budokai Tenkaichi may very well be the final DBZ game for the PS2, what I'm thinking is perhaps Atari could release a box-set with all 5 PS2 games called something like: "The Dragonball Games Box-set" in which all 5 games released by Atari thus far, including Dragonball Z Budokai, Dragonball Z Budokai 2, Dragonball Z Budokai 3, Dragonball Z Sagas, and Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi. They could be sold at Budokai Tenkaichi's release time for a straight forward $100 or so amount in possibly a "Collectors' Edition" advertisment. Just an idea of mine, and probably a good idea for Atari to make a decent wad of cash during the holiday seasons. What do you guys think?
14 years later

CursedRose.exe

Post by CursedRose.exe » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:53 pm

Nice, and they'd make more money the year after Budokai Tenkaichi comes out for the GameCube (Budokai 3's this year).
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:33 am

I don't know if that would be something anyone would do with recent games like that (packaging them all in one set). But then again, they did release those 3-game packs on the PS1, at the end of the system's lifespan. Maybe when the next generation of consoles kicks into high gear, they'd do something like this.

But what I'd really like to see would be a game that compiles a bunch of the OLD DragonBall / DBZ games. Like from Super Famicom and stuff. Highly doubtful though.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm

Heh, something I'm thinking, since Budokai Tenkaichi is likley the final PS2 game (5th game and the PS3's arrival imminent), Atari may in fact use this idea a year later (November 2006) for the PS2, to coincide with the Game Cube release of Budokai Tenkaichi. Since the games will all be down in prices by then, Atari could sell the set at $50 depending on extras the Box-set could contain. And a much more catchy name for the set: "The Budokai Box-set" seeing as they'd all be labeled as "Budokai" except for the "Sagas" game. Then they may as well release a box-set for the Gamecube's versions the following year (November 2007, holy excrement), they'd more than likley keep making the money from the collectors and newbies whom didn't get a chance to buy any (possibly) out of print early Budokais, it'd certainly be an interesting decision finance wise.
14 years later