Old DBZ Site Commercial?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Old DBZ Site Commercial?

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I think I've put this in the right section since it lists 'production' in a meta sense, and this applies...kinda...sorta...

Anyway, does anyone else remember the old DBZ website commercials they would have on the older FUNi tapes (and I assume the DVDs as well) before the episodes would play? I was wondering if anyone knew where they were on Youtube. Specifically, I'm looking for the one that opened with the sound of a clock ticking and a guy going 'Remember the old DBZ website? Well, now meet the NEW DBZ website!' or something, and it would gush about all the 'super cool' stuff on the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^;
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Old DBZ Site Commercial?

Post by samuraix123 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 pm

The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu May 17, 2012 2:28 pm

That's the one! How I couldn't find it with that title is beyond me... :oops:

Thanks a lot, oh man. The nostalgia. I know it's from a period a lot of fans here aren't big on, but I wish this kind of stuff (like all of the old trailers) had been used as extras somewhere on a release.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Well you're very welcome :) also I'm a huge fan of the English version :wink: that's not to say I don't like the Japanese version because I do. but yeah every time I got a new VHS tape of Dragonball Z I loved watching that commercial. I just wish I had Internet back then to buy some of that stuff lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Thu May 17, 2012 6:26 pm

I remember this rendition of the FUNi dbz site. It was horrible XD

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Thu May 17, 2012 6:28 pm

I love that commercial
Also whatever happened to the Z store

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 17, 2012 6:32 pm

son veku wrote:Also whatever happened to the Z store
It was rolled into / absorbed by RightStuf back in 2008. I'm actually unclear if RightStuf serves as FUNimation's primary distributor, or what real role they play... it was really confusing at the time.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

thefatman13
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thefatman13 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:40 am

I would love scans of the site from back then. I loved going there as a kid. I know google has every page from almost every site screen capped and stored some were...

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Thu May 24, 2012 12:14 am

samuraix123 wrote:Here you go man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZYm7ns1eOw
Oh hey, it's my upload. :D

I meant to keep that channel fairly active, but I haven't logged into my account for it in almost a month. :s
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu May 24, 2012 12:21 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I think I've put this in the right section since it lists 'production' in a meta sense, and this applies...kinda...sorta...

Anyway, does anyone else remember the old DBZ website commercials they would have on the older FUNi tapes (and I assume the DVDs as well) before the episodes would play? I was wondering if anyone knew where they were on Youtube. Specifically, I'm looking for the one that opened with the sound of a clock ticking and a guy going 'Remember the old DBZ website? Well, now meet the NEW DBZ website!' or something, and it would gush about all the 'super cool' stuff on the site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^;

Holy crap. Nostalgia rush! Nostalgia rush! :o

OMG...this kind of blew my mind. I so remember this.

It was on this, the first home video release of Dragon Ball I owned. I am sitting in the same house I watched this in back when I was 11 or 12, and yet I have no idea where it is. Probably got thrown away long ago..such a shame....
Last edited by dprez on Thu May 24, 2012 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:25 am

Corporate_Nothing wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:Here you go man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZYm7ns1eOw
Oh hey, it's my upload. :D

I meant to keep that channel fairly active, but I haven't logged into my account for it in almost a month. :s
Haha really? I just went to Youtube and typed it in :lol: I used to love going to that website and downloading the Wallpapers. then my mom would turn on the computer and say ''Who's been adding this crap to my computer!? don't you know we'll get a virus or something?'' ahh good times :lol:
#1 Paikuhan fan!