Silly things in GT

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Silly things in GT

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I know GT is silly but just how silly. I'll start, why didn't anyone use the regular Dragon Balls to wish the Black Star Dragon Balls back to Earth? :\

Also why did Frieza give a better fight in hell than Cell did if Cell is 1000 times stronger? Why would Cell even consider working with a weakling like Frieza for that matter? Makes no sense.

Another is Ledgic, how is he stronger than Cell and Frieza? They never explain how some random bodyguard metrosexual obtained power 1000s of times greater than a galactic ruler. If Frieza was such a weakling in comparison to random planet busting aliens flying around the universe how did he rule a 4th of it for so long?? :\ Not to mention he'd also be stronger than Cell according to GT logic, who's 1000x stronger than Frieza. So Ledgic is pretty silly.

When Goku is lifting the Universal Spirit bomb in his base form, Omega launches an attack at him, which does nothing (wtf he was dominating 2 SS4s before) and then stands there and lets Goku finish. lol wut

They're also scared of some gun wielding guards on one planet :\

Also Goku's magic SS4 pants.

Am I missing any?
Last edited by Nex Carnifex on Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Silly things in GT

Post by Bussani » Tue May 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Nex Carnifex wrote:why didn't anyone use the regular Dragon Balls to wish the Black Star Dragon Balls back to Earth? :\
Shenlong would probably have said, "I cannot grant any wish that is beyond the power of my creator. The powers of those balls are too great for me," or something similar to that.
Nex Carnifex wrote:Also Goku's magic SS4 pants.
Isn't a better question how his normal clothes return when he transforms back? In either case, "We don't gotta explain magic," is probably the best answer!
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue May 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Bussani wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:why didn't anyone use the regular Dragon Balls to wish the Black Star Dragon Balls back to Earth? :\
Shenlong would probably have said, "I cannot grant any wish that is beyond the power of my creator. The powers of those balls are too great for me," or something similar to that.
Nex Carnifex wrote:Also Goku's magic SS4 pants.
Isn't a better question how his normal clothes return when he transforms back? In either case, "We don't gotta explain magic," is probably the best answer!
Then why not wish for Goku to be an adult again so he can use instant transmission and just teleport to each planet? Maybe they magically had amnesia and forgot about those Dragon Balls lol.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Nex Carnifex wrote: Then why not wish for Goku to be an adult again so he can use instant transmission and just teleport to each planet? Maybe they magically had amnesia and forgot about those Dragon Balls lol.
Shenron wouldn't have been able to reverse the effect that Black-Star Shenron placed on Goku cimply because Black-Star Shenron's magic is greater than normal Shenron, hence being able to grant any wish than normal Shenron and Porunga can not.

It was only because of SSJ4, a form with greater power than Black-Star Shenron that Goku was able to recover his adult body, but only for that specific form.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Tue May 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote: Then why not wish for Goku to be an adult again so he can use instant transmission and just teleport to each planet? Maybe they magically had amnesia and forgot about those Dragon Balls lol.
Shenron wouldn't have been able to reverse the effect that Black-Star Shenron placed on Goku cimply because Black-Star Shenron's magic is greater than normal Shenron, hence being able to grant any wish than normal Shenron and Porunga can not.

It was only because of SSJ4, a form with greater power than Black-Star Shenron that Goku was able to recover his adult body, but only for that specific form.
Well still none of them thought to wish them onto earth lol, but yeah they probably would have invented some random rule preventing it, kind of like how they pulled the actual Black Star Dragon Balls out of their ass.

Couldn't supreme kai just use instant movement then? :I

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed May 30, 2012 12:20 am

Nex Carnifex wrote: Also Goku's magic SS4 pants.

Whats also funny is that his white karate belt changes into a blue martial arts obi. lol
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 am

Insertclevername wrote:Whats also funny is that his white karate belt changes into a blue martial arts obi. lol
I don't see how that's really funny. The form gives both Goku and Vegeta their own outfits different from what they wear before transforming, though the change on Vegeta's is relatively minor in comparison. He goes from the purple fingerless biker gloves to a purple version of his Saiyan Armor gloves. For Goku, other than the color of his pants, his whole outfit changes. From a white belt to a blue obi, pink wrist bands to a blue wrist bands, white ankle wraps to blue ankle wraps.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed May 30, 2012 1:22 am

Goku being able to turn into an adult by just turning SSJ4 is a silly thing. How in the world does that make sense? How the heck does Vegeta stay the same when he turns into one?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed May 30, 2012 1:58 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Goku being able to turn into an adult by just turning SSJ4 is a silly thing. How in the world does that make sense? How the heck does Vegeta stay the same when he turns into one?
As for Vegeta... maybe because he wasn't the one turned into a kid? Ever consider that?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 am

Jackal puFF wrote:How the heck does Vegeta stay the same when he turns into one?
He doesn't? There is a pretty noticeable size difference when he transforms:

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Insertclevername wrote:Whats also funny is that his white karate belt changes into a blue martial arts obi. lol
I don't see how that's really funny. The form gives both Goku and Vegeta their own outfits different from what they wear before transforming, though the change on Vegeta's is relatively minor in comparison. He goes from the purple fingerless biker gloves to a purple version of his Saiyan Armor gloves. For Goku, other than the color of his pants, his whole outfit changes. From a white belt to a blue obi, pink wrist bands to a blue wrist bands, white ankle wraps to blue ankle wraps.
When he went from Golden Great Ape to SS4 he wasn't wearing anything :I I just think associating Super Saiyan transformations with mystical clothing is very silly, why is SS4 so special that it gives them random new clothes? They didn't feel they needed to explain that? WTVR

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:I know GT is silly but just how silly. I'll start, why didn't anyone use the regular Dragon Balls to wish the Black Star Dragon Balls back to Earth? :\

Also why did Freeza give a better fight in hell than Cell did if Cell is 1000 times stronger? Why would Cell even consider working with a weakling like Freeza for that matter? Makes no sense.

Another is Ledgic, how is he stronger than Cell and Freeza? They never explain how some random bodyguard metrosexual obtained power 1000s of times greater than a galactic ruler. If Freeza was such a weakling in comparison to random planet busting aliens flying around the universe how did he rule a 4th of it for so long?? :\

When Goku is lifting the Universal Spirit bomb in his base form, Omega launches an attack at him, which does nothing (wtf he was dominating 2 SS4s before) and then stands there and lets Goku finish. lol wut

Am I missing any?

Missing any what you didn't say anything silly in GT you just asked questions.
Also GT bashing is getting so old there has been many threads about GT bashing most of your questions can be answered there.Are your questions being sarcastic If so It seems like you only asked them just so you can laugh about the silly answers, If so there is really no point in this thread. I hate GT as much as the next Guy, but I don't think there should be a whole thread just to make fun of it. It seems like you are always bashing something that isn't Kai, and that is so annoying to me.
:evil: :evil:

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Wed May 30, 2012 2:44 am

son veku wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:I know GT is silly but just how silly. I'll start, why didn't anyone use the regular Dragon Balls to wish the Black Star Dragon Balls back to Earth? :\

Also why did Freeza give a better fight in hell than Cell did if Cell is 1000 times stronger? Why would Cell even consider working with a weakling like Freeza for that matter? Makes no sense.

Another is Ledgic, how is he stronger than Cell and Freeza? They never explain how some random bodyguard metrosexual obtained power 1000s of times greater than a galactic ruler. If Freeza was such a weakling in comparison to random planet busting aliens flying around the universe how did he rule a 4th of it for so long?? :\

Am I missing any?

Missing any what you didn't say anything silly in GT you just asked questions.
Also GT bashing is getting so old there has been many threads about GT bashing most of your questions can be answered there.Are your questions being sarcastic If so It seems like you only asked them just so you can laugh about the silly answers, If so there is really no point in this thread. I hate GT as much as the next Guy, but I don't think there should be a whole thread just to make fun of it. It seems like you are always bashing something that isn't Kai, and that is so annoying to me.
:evil: :evil:
Yes I am pointing out silly things in GT I noticed in the form of questions lol, since we all know how silly it is, I think some of the ridiculous things they put in there are funny and I made this thread for entertainment, I'm not trying to convince you to hate GT I honestly don't care.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:When he went from Golden Great Ape to SS4 he wasn't wearing anything :I I just think associating Super Saiyan transformations with mystical clothing is very silly, why is SS4 so special that it gives them random new clothes? They didn't feel they needed to explain that? WTVR
As suggested by the GT Perfect Files, I don't view the form as a Super Saiyan transformation. It's something new, beyond the combination of Super Saiyan and Oozaru, and it happens to have a bit of "magical" aspect to it. Little strange? Sure. I mean, even though the magical clothing is actually just a way to censor the full grown monkey-man's junk that would be flopping around on the battle field otherwise, I don't really see an in-universe issue with or without an explanation...stranger things have happened in Dragon Ball. lol

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Wed May 30, 2012 4:38 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:When he went from Golden Great Ape to SS4 he wasn't wearing anything :I I just think associating Super Saiyan transformations with mystical clothing is very silly, why is SS4 so special that it gives them random new clothes? They didn't feel they needed to explain that? WTVR
As suggested by the GT Perfect Files, I don't view the form as a Super Saiyan transformation. It's something new, beyond the combination of Super Saiyan and Oozaru, and it happens to have a bit of "magical" aspect to it. Little strange? Sure. I mean, even though the magical clothing is actually just a way to censor the full grown monkey-man's junk that would be flopping around on the battle field otherwise, I don't really see an in-universe issue with or without an explanation...stranger things have happened in Dragon Ball. lol
I guess its similar to sailor moon transformations in that sense. Though I don't necessarily think it makes a lot of sense to include magic gloves and pants in the saiyan biology its still very silly and therefore funny, I mean later in GT we see Saiyans using magical powers like when Gogeta sprays confetti all over Omega Shenron, so I guess they can make things appear out of nowhere since they are monkeys now? wait...

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Wed May 30, 2012 5:48 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

That's just horrible and sound's painful.
This is what I thought of.LOL

"Baby vegeta> REVENGE DEATH BALL..." "Goku> ugh I think I've got it *flop* then *Sizzle* AAAHHHH OH GOD what am I looking at here AAAAHHH" :lol:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 am

Nex Carnifex wrote:Another is Ledgic, how is he stronger than Cell and Freeza? They never explain how some random bodyguard metrosexual obtained power 1000s of times greater than a galactic ruler. If Freeza was such a weakling in comparison to random planet busting aliens flying around the universe how did he rule a 4th of it for so long?? :\
The best thing I can think of is this: Redgic's race is a fighting race too, they hold great dormant power. The universe is very big too. So, Redgic trained his ass, met various magical beings that could unlock someones dormant powers, met other strong masters that gave him great training, and since he knows about Saiyans and can recognize them so easily, he should be a little older than Vegeta at least. So, he must be very old & experienced, with a lot of time to improve. Obviously, at the time of Freeza, he should be weak by then, he got stronger later. So there you have it: Redgic reached power equal to GT SSJ Goku. Why not? Why have the Earth's heroes & villains to be the only strong ones?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Wed May 30, 2012 10:01 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Another is Ledgic, how is he stronger than Cell and Freeza? They never explain how some random bodyguard metrosexual obtained power 1000s of times greater than a galactic ruler. If Freeza was such a weakling in comparison to random planet busting aliens flying around the universe how did he rule a 4th of it for so long?? :\
The best thing I can think of is this: Redgic's race is a fighting race too, they hold great dormant power. The universe is very big too. So, Redgic trained his ass, met various magical beings that could unlock someones dormant powers, met other strong masters that gave him great training, and since he knows about Saiyans and can recognize them so easily, he should be a little older than Vegeta at least. So, he must be very old & experienced, with a lot of time to improve. Obviously, at the time of Freeza, he should be weak by then, he got stronger later. So there you have it: Redgic reached power equal to GT SSJ Goku. Why not? Why have the Earth's heroes & villains to be the only strong ones?
Well if you think about it Goku and them have worked with the gods of the universe to stop universal threats, its a stretch to say anyone is stronger then them in the tiny Dragon Ball universe. Cell was going to destroy the solar system, legic definitely did not seem that powerful nor did they explain how he could be that powerful. Yeah you could say, "lol he trained a lot" but its still silly that they didn't elaborate at all on his character and he just showed up out of nowhere to give a tiny little fight. Random space bodyguards shouldn't be anywhere near Cell or Frieza for that matter's level unless there is a really good reason, for example Dabura was the ruler of the demon realm, an entire section of the universe, he wasn't just a random guy, yet he still was at least not all of a sudden 10x greater than Cell, probably weaker.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Maybe Redgic trained with his planet's Kami too. Maybe Redgic was also a mutant of his race, or a hybrid. Also, Freeza and his clan were random guys too, guys with unbelievable power which came out of nowhere. Maybe scientists increased his power with unknown to us methods. There are many possibilities. The universe is huge, even in Dragon Ball we don't know everything about it. As for him not displaying having enough power to destroy a solar system, Kuririn, #18, Oob, and many others can destroy planets, but never did. Not doing something doesn't mean he can't do it. And why the hell should he destroy a solar system? It's not like he was a bad guy.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed May 30, 2012 8:41 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Yeah idk, personally I find it cool how their outfits change, since it adds more to the transformation than just switching hair style/colors. I just find it funny at how random and unexplained it is, like suddenly growing a shirt or something. But that doesn't hinder the awesomeness that is SSJ4. 8)
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.