Jumpland Translation

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Jumpland Translation

Post by tablet the eunuch » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:52 am

I've been thinking over this. For those of you who don't know, www.jumpland.com is a interactive Flash website featuring Characters from One Piece, Dragonball Z, and now Naruto. It's kinda fun to play around with, and I dunno, makes me feel good. But there's a problem.

It's all in Japanese. I wouldn't be as phased if they were voice acted, but they aren't. So I was wondering if there was any possibility of people here, or perhaps a collaboration of people, willing to try and translate this whole thing? Because that would be REALLY good.

Just a thought

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:35 am

Oh my god, this site is cute as hell! I want to figure out how to get at those wallpapers (I want the Trunks and Sanji ones, surprise, surprise), but I can't figure out how to download them. All of a sudden, I feel very stupid as a 23-year-old who can't figure out a kiddie website. :(

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:06 am

Meri wrote:Oh my god, this site is cute as hell! I want to figure out how to get at those wallpapers (I want the Trunks and Sanji ones, surprise, surprise), but I can't figure out how to download them. All of a sudden, I feel very stupid as a 23-year-old who can't figure out a kiddie website. :(
That's cuz the site is wonderful 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:20 am

Oh man, that site is cool for a kiddie website. But... how would you translate it? I don't really see that happening. Either way, I spent like half an hour running around as Luffy, before it crashed on me. Either way, I love the little thing.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:18 pm

Ya, I spent an hour running around as Goku! He's so cute-looking! And I agree with Meri, I want those wallpapers, especially the Gohan one!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 pm

Damn that looks so fun! ...But I have no clue what's going on. :P

It loads FAST! My computer sucks ass! Especially for games like these! But it was up an' running as soon as I clicked it.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:53 pm

Yeah, it loaded fast.

How do you find the wallpapers? I must have just overlooked it.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:31 am

When you start, you know how you're in between the two buildings that say"Manga Online" and "Jumpland Shop"? Well, go north straight up the path, you'll see Sanji walking around and behind him are two more buildings, the one on the left marked "Jump Stage" and then the one on your right says "Wallpapers", of course that's the one you want. It's just that we can't figure out how to download them. You're welcome to try too though Zacko. Let us know if you're successful. :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:18 am

I never went north there...

My only guess is that you have to earn the wallpapers. Either way, what a cool site!!!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:34 am

I know it's been awhile since anyone posted here...but did anyone manage to earn those DB Wallpapers? I want them so badly...@_@;;

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:57 am

I havent been able to get to them.

I wonder when they're going to throw another franchise in/ Maybe Yu GI Oh?

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:46 am

Zackarotto wrote:I never went north there...

My only guess is that you have to earn the wallpapers. Either way, what a cool site!!!
Yeah you do have to earn them. In the mini games you find around the place. But I still havent done it yet. :(
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:00 pm

I played a few of the mini games, but I can't win any of them, and Baba's challenges are just brutal. I think you can win wallpapers off Trunks when you enter his time machine, but since I can't read any Japanese it's impossible to win @@

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:04 pm

I hate Sanji. He always beats me in cards... that guy is loaded with jokers. :( :)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:17 pm

I've yet to try any of the games, or find any of them for that matter. And my 56k modem DRAGS.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.