Will there be extra costumes in Sparking!?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:30 pm

I am aware it coudn't work. The point I was trying make is that I don't really see the point of making him a seperate character. IMO it would be like saying that Vegeta with a tail would be a seperate character because of the strength increase the tail gives him.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:16 am

Caracal wrote:I am aware it coudn't work. The point I was trying make is that I don't really see the point of making him a seperate character. IMO it would be like saying that Vegeta with a tail would be a seperate character because of the strength increase the tail gives him.
Actualy it'd make more sense to make Mirai Gohan a different character than it would Great Saiyaman, simply because Mirai Gohan and Gohan of the persent are two entirly different people. And the dub even stretches that very nicly by casting Dameon Clark as Mirai Gohan in the Trunks special, and then Kyle Hebert as the present teen/adult Gohan.
14 years later

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:51 am

Caracal wrote:I am aware it coudn't work. The point I was trying make is that I don't really see the point of making him a seperate character. IMO it would be like saying that Vegeta with a tail would be a seperate character because of the strength increase the tail gives him.
Ummm... how does a tail not used in combat compare to an ARM? A missing tail (at least on a Saiya-jin) doesn't change combat styles in the least. A missing arm on the other hand (heh) does.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:23 am

Yes it does. Saiyans get power increse with their tail. For example Goku is stronger with his tail. As shown in the 21st Tenkachi Budokai in which he was losing ot Garin but after his tail grew back he recieved a great power increase which he used to break the wall...:|

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:06 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Actualy it'd make more sense to make Mirai Gohan a different character than it would Great Saiyaman, simply because Mirai Gohan and Gohan of the persent are two entirly different people. And the dub even stretches that very nicly by casting Dameon Clark as Mirai Gohan in the Trunks special, and then Kyle Hebert as the present teen/adult Gohan.
Like I said before, I haven't seen the Trunks special.