Will there be extra costumes in Sparking!?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

yamiiguy

Will there be extra costumes in Sparking!?

Post by yamiiguy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:23 pm

Will there be extra costumes in Sparking? I really want to play as a one handed Teen Gohan or Piccolo Daimao.

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:02 pm

One handed Teen Gohan? When did Gohan lose his hand? Unless you're -

A) Referring to him having a broken arm in the final fight with Cell, which would be a pretty dumb costume, or...
B) You're talking about Gohan from the Trunks special after his arm is blown off.

Anyways, as far as I know, alternate costumes are still in. That's only based off of the fact that Adult Gohan so far as been seen wearing both Piccolo's clothing and the traditional orange clothing.
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:59 pm

Since Bojack is in the game I'm hoping that Teen Gohan will have his orange clothes from movie 9. For some reason I think he looks about 100 times cooler in that outfit as a Super Saiyan 2 than he does in his Piccolo style clothes.

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:35 am

Slickmasterfunk wrote:Since Bojack is in the game I'm hoping that Teen Gohan will have his orange clothes from movie 9. For some reason I think he looks about 100 times cooler in that outfit as a Super Saiyan 2 than he does in his Piccolo style clothes.
Perhaps because he wore his Piccolo Gi (is it Gi?) so often, change is appealing.

I certainly hope they fix up SSJ2 Teen Gohan in this game though. The Budokai games never seem to have gotton him right with the hair, it's always off. Budokai 3 just seemed to have way too much of it.
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:29 am

I certainly hope they fix up SSJ2 Teen Gohan in this game though. The Budokai games never seem to have gotton him right with the hair, it's always off. Budokai 3 just seemed to have way too much of it.
Ya. B3 stuck out too far on the sides and looked more like french fries than hair to me. B2's looked like a plastic hat. B1 got it right, IMO. Why they changed it for the other two models is beyond me. It's odd that he's the only one they can't get right, especially since they did it in the first game.

As for the alternate outfits, I hope so. I hope they all have everything they've had before plus a few more where applicable. I want Saiya-jin armor for Goku, for one. Teen Gohan's orange 'Roshi Gi' would be nice too, maybe even one for Kid Gohan since he did wear one for a bit. I want Future Trunks' Saiya-jin armor back too, with the long hair. It's his best look.

I imagine a lot of people's alternate looks would mostly be color swaps. There's little else you can do for some unless you invented a new look for them. But even then, since characters like Freeza and Cell are always naked (well, after Freeza transforms)... you can't really invent any new looks for them.

Though, some bonus looks that you'd not normally think of for a character would be neat. Saiya-jin armor for Broly perhaps, or an orange 'Roshi Gi' for Piccolo (or hell, Saiya-jin armor XD I think the armor type worn by Kid Gohan and the the others in the Android Saga just looks cool. I think EVERYONE should have a Saiya-jin armor outfit. XD) would be neat.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:38 am

Well, Bulma did make Saiyan Armor for Piccolo and Tien as well as the Saiyans...

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:44 am

There's a number of different looks I can think of off the top of my head that they haven't used. Some of it is from filler though. I don't care about that, but I would think some people here would. Filler seems to be a touchy subject. :P

Anyway:

Goku - Yardrat, Saiyan armor, casual clothes in that driving episode, casual clothes in that little Tao Pai Pai part during the wait for the Cell Games I think.

Teen Gohan - casual clothes in that little Tao Pai Pai part during the wait for the Cell Games.

Adult Gohan - School clothes.

Piccolo - Driving clothes.

Vegeta - Pink Badman shirt with yellow pants. :lol:

There's a bunch more, some involving more of the casual clothes a few characters wore.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:55 pm

Leotaku wrote:There's a number of different looks I can think of off the top of my head that they haven't used. Some of it is from filler though. I don't care about that, but I would think some people here would. Filler seems to be a touchy subject. :P

Anyway:

Goku - Yardrat, Saiyan armor, casual clothes in that driving episode, casual clothes in that little Tao Pai Pai part during the wait for the Cell Games I think.
Forgot about the Yardrat look... that would be neat. I still don't get why Budokai 1 didn't just have it so you could cycle through ALL the models of characters seen for your cosutmes... that would have given a number people a LOT of looks. As for the casual clothes during the 10 days, that was Goku's alternate in B1. They just made the jacket brown instead of orange.
Teen Gohan - casual clothes in that little Tao Pai Pai part during the wait for the Cell Games.

This was Teen Gohan's alternate in B1.

There's a bunch more, some involving more of the casual clothes a few characters wore.
XD I've wanted the Badman shirt since the first game. They should have given him that instead of the leather jacket. Either that or included the 'cycling' option I mentioned. Oh well.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:48 am

I really hope they do have the one armed adult Gohan, but I think if he is included, he would be a seperate character, since his one armed-ness would alter his fighting ability. I hope they include the orange gi version of Kid Gohan too. Then he may have use of the sword he gets too, like with Trunks in B3.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:01 am

Xyex wrote:
Leotaku wrote:There's a number of different looks I can think of off the top of my head that they haven't used. Some of it is from filler though. I don't care about that, but I would think some people here would. Filler seems to be a touchy subject. :P

Anyway:

Forgot about the Yardrat look... that would be neat. I still don't get why Budokai 1 didn't just have it so you could cycle through ALL the models of characters seen for your cosutmes... that would have given a number people a LOT of looks. As for the casual clothes during the 10 days, that was Goku's alternate in B1. They just made the jacket brown instead of orange.

This was Teen Gohan's alternate in B1.

XD I've wanted the Badman shirt since the first game. They should have given him that instead of the leather jacket. Either that or included the 'cycling' option I mentioned. Oh well.
Oh really? I didn't know those costumes (some of them) were already used. I never played Budokai 1. :oops:
I really hope they do have the one armed adult Gohan, but I think if he is included, he would be a seperate character, since his one armed-ness would alter his fighting ability.
That reminded me, I was thinking about if for battle damage on some characters (since they are doing battle damage in this game), whole limbs could be blown off. I know it's really violent, but it's just that I thought it would be cool if you could do that on characters like Piccolo, Cell, and Buu, then they have to take some time to try and regenerate their limb or whatever. And until they can, their fighting is altered. I doubt they'd do that, but it's just an idea. :P

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:28 pm

Even if they added the cycling thing in B1, they wouldn'tv'e had enough diskspace to add the rest of the models. From what I heard, they used it all up with the 3d models that they already had.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!
I said B1 not B3!!!
Last edited by gotenx on Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:22 pm

gotenx wrote:Even if they added the cycling thing in B1, they wouldn'tv'e had enough diskspace to add the rest of the models. From what I heard, they used it all up with the 3d models that they already had.
The PS2 discs are laughably far from full. Budokai 3 takes up 1.44 GB... of an available 4.7 GB. Even if you double the voice samples (like the European special edition), you're still pissing all over the available disc space.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The PS2 discs are laughably far from full. Budokai 3 takes up 1.44 GB... of an available 4.7 GB. Even if you double the voice samples (like the European special edition), you're still pissing all over the available disc space.
You'd think, that if these companies want to charge us $50.00 or more for these games, that they would take advantage of the available space to give us our moneys worth.

Then again statistics prove that we're just as eager to buy quality products, shit products, and marginal products based on the franchise, as we are those with extra 'goodies.' :?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:The PS2 discs are laughably far from full. Budokai 3 takes up 1.44 GB... of an available 4.7 GB. Even if you double the voice samples (like the European special edition), you're still pissing all over the available disc space.
If Budokai 3 is at that rate, how low is Sagas? Sorry for the off-topic question, just curious.

And back on topic, Lost-in-thought, it's basicly simple. They slap the DBZ name on a PS2 case, and presto! Atari has me buying a game like Sagas that if it weren't a DBZ title, I wouldn't glance twice at it.
14 years later

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:32 am

Conan, who could use a DeLorian, right about now. wrote:And back on topic, Lost-in-thought, it's basicly simple. They slap the DBZ name on a PS2 case, and presto! Atari has me buying a game like Sagas that if it weren't a DBZ title, I wouldn't glance twice at it.
Yeah, I came to that understanding when I said this:
"Then again statistics prove that we're just as eager to buy quality products, shit products, and marginal products based on the franchise, as we are those with extra 'goodies.'"

But yeah, it all comes down to profitability. But what I was getting at, is that I would like (and I figure I am not the only one) my money's worth. But alas, it's not in our cards as Americans.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:28 pm

Blastero wrote:I really hope they do have the one armed adult Gohan, but I think if he is included, he would be a seperate character, since his one armed-ness would alter his fighting ability. I hope they include the orange gi version of Kid Gohan too. Then he may have use of the sword he gets too, like with Trunks in B3.
I personally don't really ses what the fuss is about over him. Personally I'd rather see Adult Gohan use the Mosenko move as well as KameHameHa, and have the Miari Gohan look as a second costume (I've never seen the Trunks special, but doesn't Gohan get a metal arm to replace his missing one? If so give him that).

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:50 pm

lost in thought wrote:
VegettoEX wrote: Then again statistics prove that we're just as eager to buy quality products, shit products, and marginal products based on the franchise, as we are those with extra 'goodies.' :?
Which is probably why there are so little new franchises- if a game bombs and it's a Mario game, people will buy it because it's Mario. If it's a new franchise and it bombs, nobody will buy it.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:35 pm

Caracal wrote:
Blastero wrote:I really hope they do have the one armed adult Gohan, but I think if he is included, he would be a seperate character, since his one armed-ness would alter his fighting ability. I hope they include the orange gi version of Kid Gohan too. Then he may have use of the sword he gets too, like with Trunks in B3.
I personally don't really ses what the fuss is about over him. Personally I'd rather see Adult Gohan use the Mosenko move as well as KameHameHa, and have the Miari Gohan look as a second costume (I've never seen the Trunks special, but doesn't Gohan get a metal arm to replace his missing one? If so give him that).
Uhh...your thinking Cowbow Bebop. Mirai Gohan never gets a metalic nor new type of arm, however the Gohan of the present does have his arm turned into metal briefly by General Rilldo in GT. I find that a bit ironic, Mirai Gohan lost his left arm, and Present Gohan had his right arm turned to metal briefly.
14 years later

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:39 pm

I could have sworn I heard he got it replaced. But like I said, I haven't seen it. Frankly I don't see the point of him being anything other than an alternative costume. What would he add to the game?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:19 pm

He couldn't be an alternate costume though. It's not possible. He's got a missing arm, that'd change his fighting style. And it adds completeness to the game.
<Xyex> Good point.